Easy low carb breakfast ideas?

madfish69

Hi,

I've found low carb/keto breakfast recipes online but they all require cooking! Does anyone have links or a book or whatever for some breakfast ideas for type 2 (I want as low carb as possible) which I can either buy or make but in then keep in batches.

I don't mind putting in effort to make/cook some stuff just can't be fussed doing it everyday.

Currently (actually for ages) since ALL types of cereal spikes my sugar....all I have for breakfast is one Riveta cracker thingy or whatever that is...a slice of cheese, and half a glass of milk. This keeps my sugar from going high. The cracker only has 6g carb and so it's great....but eating that literally everyday is extremely boring.

But the convenience always wins :)

Anyway, any ideas would be very welcome.

Thank you :)

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are things like egg and bacon muffins which can be kept in the fridge or freezer.

Google keto savoury muffins.

Reactions: madfish69

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The quickest, easiest low carb breakfast I have ever achieved was a slice of cheese wrapped around 2 slices of ham.
Discovered it one day I was late for work and dashing out the door.
Ate the entire thing out of my hand walking from the kitchen to the car.

Can’t get easier and quicker than that (or less washing up! ;) ), with LOTS of possible variations, from different meats (sliced ham, chicken, beef, etc) and endless cheese variations.

Alternatively, a cup of coffee with cream can be made exactly as fortifying as you want, depending on size of mug and amount of cream - and whether you put it in a travel mug or not.

Reactions: Robbity

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I've found low carb/keto breakfast recipes online but they all require cooking! Does anyone have links or a book or whatever for some breakfast ideas for type 2 (I want as low carb as possible) which I can either buy or make but in then keep in batches.

I don't mind putting in effort to make/cook some stuff just can't be fussed doing it everyday.

Currently (actually for ages) since ALL types of cereal spikes my sugar....all I have for breakfast is one Riveta cracker thingy or whatever that is...a slice of cheese, and half a glass of milk. This keeps my sugar from going high. The cracker only has 6g carb and so it's great....but eating that literally everyday is extremely boring.

But the convenience always wins :)

Anyway, any ideas would be very welcome.

Thank you :)

You could always just skip breakfast entirely?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If you don't mind a 1 minute microwave then frozen berries (thawed in microwave) plus unsweetened greek yoghourt are pretty tasty.

Reactions: madfish69

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast can actually be anything suitably low carb that you fancy - it doesn't have to be cooked or conventional. Some things I've broken my fast with, and some things others have:

coffee & cream
herb tea
glass of water (which is often the fist thing i consume after waking o_O)
cold meat &/or cheese
ready cooked chicken drumstick
cold sausage or frankfurter
low carb muffin
low carb bread or crispbread with cheese
yoghurt with or without additions
berries & cream
nuts
ready cooked hard boiled eggs
microwaved scrambled eggs
low carb DIY granola, chia seed pudding, etc - @Rachox?

Also try the What have you eaten today? thread for further ideas.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Turkey slices (infused with a light mustard) on lettuce inside two ryvitas. One minute to prepare

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the tag @Robbity
I eat a low carb coconut ‘porridge’ for breakfast every morning, which does involve cooking but it doesn’t take long once you are familiar with the ingredients, which you just dump in a saucepan all together and cook over a low heat. It cooks in the time it takes my coffee machine to brew a coffee!
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
I also make various low carb granolas which can be made in advance and stored, just Google low carb or keto granola.

D

Deleted member 308541

It does not take long to cook bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes either to start the day with a great lchf meal...

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to take a tablet with food and have to eat then whether I want to or not. I often have a slice of edam with peanut butter in it. Weird I know but it works. By the way I found some relatively gentle exercise (slow cycling?) makes the BG go down again in the morning. Hard exercise seems to raise it at first but of course helps longer term.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There really isn't much easier or faster than eggs. When I'm not skipping breakfast, it's fried eggs or cheese omelette. Bacon on the side if I have the time to cook it. But eggs cook in a hot pan in about 3 minutes.