Pepsi max

Gricep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Running
So how do people find Pepsi max in relation to blood sugar readings ?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke don't affect my BS but they do for some, so you'll need to test to find out if it affects you

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Test using your meter- that is really the best way to find out. Our bodies are all different- you need to find out how things effect you.

Good luck

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm not overfond of Pepsi Max I prefer Diet Pepsi but neither affect my blood sugar levels.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Take cover, too much information coming in!

For some people, artificial sweeteners don't do anything to their blood sugars. For others, the moment they smell or taste something sweet, the pancreas starts pumping out insulin, and when there's no rise in blood glucose, the liver has to start pumping out glucose (and usually too much of it) to compensate for going low, resulting in a rise. Yeah, I know, it's a bit of a merry-go-round eh. Testing what response you have 'll give you answers, whether you're one of the cans or can'ts..

But wait, there's more!

Careful with how much you ingest. Artificial sweeteners are toxic to gut bacteria. If you have a lot of them (Like I did with about 50 sweetener doses per day in all my tea's, besides the diet cokes I had), your gut'll shut down. It can get very painful and quite bloody. Permanent damage can be done. I've healed my bacteria-levels, but a year and a half, almost two years later my gut's still.... Not quite right. So careful. And if you notice something going awry, sauerkraut is your friend. ;)

RoVic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have always had diet Pepsi with my rum! it didn't affect before at T2 and it certainly doesn't affect me now !! Thank goodness !! there has to be a little in life to enjoy

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Just the smell of any form of Pepsi (or Coke) makes me sick. But a sarsaparilla? Yep with a good serve of Bacardi and Tia Maria

Trueshaper

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Mike d, You're great ! Sarsaparilla is a real good analogue of pepsi/coke, It's MUCH healthier

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I can't get sugar-free sarsaparilla here, but you're right that sarsaparilla knocks cola into a cocked hat!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Baldwins have been making Sarsaparilla in the UK since the 1800s I think but at 27 grams of sugar per 100 mls I will stick with my diet pepsi. :)