What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Andy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fashion, consumerism, following the crowd, large crowds.
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi this morning I was 7.6. I'm not happy with that as I went to bed with a reading of 7.4. How can it have gone up over night? This is my first week of careful testing and diet (LCHF).

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi this morning I was 7.6. I'm not happy with that as I went to bed with a reading of 7.4. How can it have gone up over night? This is my first week of careful testing and diet (LCHF).
Hi @Andy2 .
Well done for the careful testing, and Low carb way of eating. It is not clear from your profile if you have T2, or are on medication, so it would help if you could clarify, so advice can be provided that is relevant.
However, the morning fasting level is often the last to come under control, mainly due to the liver preparing your body for the energy surge that occurs from the transition from sleeping to waking up, by releasing glucose.

Reactions: DJC3 and Ryhia