UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone,

I'm still trying to figure everything out
When I eat, blood sugar goes up, its suppose to come down 2 hours later but mine will keep rising, and even till the next morning. I'm not sure what to do anymore, even without carbohydrates I can still be high throughout the day, I'm not even sure what will improve it I have decided to try my best to lose belly fat and see if that can help the process to get my my blood sugar to go into my cells and convert into energy instead of wherever is doing thats keeping my blood sugars high all day.

I know that eliminating carbs has helped people, but I want to know what else can improve my insulin resistance, I have always wanted to lose body fat and get leaner if that could improve my diabetes that would motivate me even more, but my nurse has always said you will always have diabetes and be on medication for life.

Last edited:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What exactly are you eating in a typical day?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What exactly are you eating in a typical day?

I'm on insulin so I'm eating a bit of everything but very minimal but I'm trying to look for ways I can try make this work in the long run, I know people lose weight and they can sometimes better or even reverse their diabetes, I don't think I can live the rest of my life like this so my goal is to lose this belly fat and if it's still the same then I guess the doctors and nurses were right.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit of everything sounds as though carbs are involved. Are you using a glucose meter to test before and after eating?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit of everything sounds as though carbs are involved. Are you using a glucose meter to test before and after eating?

No very minimal potatoes or rice, majority is meat, and I have fish too, but my main goal is to try and get my insulin resistance fixed because I'm constantly high and I'm on medication too I'm going to try get my body fat down

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What sort of a rise are you seeing after eating?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What sort of a rise are you seeing after eating?
Before breakfast 14.2, that's after 13-15hr without any food. After 1-2hr 26 and then and then HI several hours after b4 my evening meal 25.

I'm going to wait for the gym to reopen and I will try and get my body fat down and get lean to see if that can help

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No very minimal potatoes or rice, majority is meat, and I have fish too, but my main goal is to try and get my insulin resistance fixed because I'm constantly high and I'm on medication too I'm going to try get my body fat down
You're still being very vague, people are asking for specifics. Minimal potatoes or rice...? So there's still carbs in there. The bulk of us don't eat those at all. Thing is, insulin is a fat storing hormone: as long as you have insulin resistance, lots of insulin floating around, and injecting insulin on top of that, it's not going to get better. You really do need a better plan. I'm not saying you should quit the insulin, and going very low carb isn't going to work well with insulin in the mix due to possible hypo's, so... Back to the drawing board.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're still being very vague, people are asking for specifics. Minimal potatoes or rice...? So there's still carbs in there. The bulk of us don't eat those at all. Thing is, insulin is a fat storing hormone: as long as you have insulin resistance, lots of insulin floating around, and injecting insulin on top of that, it's not going to get better. You really do need a better plan. I'm not saying you should quit the insulin, and going very low carb isn't going to work well with insulin in the mix due to possible hypo's, so... Back to the drawing board.

I cant explain quantity but I'd say, a 2 small potato and a handful of rice, I'll show a picture next time. I don't have no pasta anymore and I will have fish and meat and on the side I'll have salad too sorry I wasnt to clear but I'll take a picture next time or I'll weigh it and I'll put the specifics.

I agree insulin hasn't done no good for me, I'm planning to get off from it and continue with my metformin and try lose the weight and see If that will help. I haven't ever had my diabetes this bad and I don't want to live the rest of my life feeling constantly weak and tired and low in energy it's not the best.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My plan is definitely to get off the insulin and try losing weight and stay consistent and I hope by me losing weight and body fat that will help me with my diabetes and hopefully the body fat will make it easier for my food to process and I dont have to feel fatigued due to my blood sugar being high, I will definitely still have no carbs and will continue eating meat but I'd rather feel good and have good numbers rather than feel bad and have good numbers. Because I've had good numbers in the past but I've felt terrible.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you tell us everything you ate yesterday please?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you tell us everything you ate yesterday please?

Yesterday, I had a cheese and onion pastry and then evening I went out and had a chicken tikka wrap, but I rarely eat out. My blood sugar stayed high and never came down.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The pastry won't have done you any favours, nor would the wrap. That possibly contained more than meat.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The pastry won't have done you any favours, nor would the wrap. That possibly contained more than meat.

Not really but I dont even wake up in the 8 or 9 anymore I can farst 10-15 hours and I'll still be high. Cannot wait to start this weight loss and I'm going to be consistent with it

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Insulin can cause weight gain. Have you checked your other medication to see if any of them raise blood glucose?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, I had a cheese and onion pastry and then evening I went out and had a chicken tikka wrap, but I rarely eat out. My blood sugar stayed high and never came down.
Pastry, rice, wraps... You keep eating very starchy things. You do realise you can't outrun a bad diet, right? You can go to the gym all you want, it's the carbs that keep the weight on and the glucose high. Sorry. :(

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will definitely keep to meat
Insulin can cause weight gain. Have you checked your other medication to see if any of them raise blood glucose?

I am on gliclazide and sitagliptin and metformin I'll have a look at the leaflet but I mm

Metformin I dont think does? And I'm on gliclazide and sitagliptin too. I'll check the leaflet

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pastry, rice, wraps... You keep eating very starchy things. You do realise you can't outrun a bad diet, right? You can go to the gym all you want, it's the carbs that keep the weight on and the glucose high. Sorry. :(

I'll try eating more meat and cut down on carbs, but I'm going to hope for the best that the weight loss helps me better my diabetes

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll try eating more meat and cut down on carbs, but I'm going to hope for the best that the weight loss helps me better my diabetes
Cutting carbs would make you lose weight. That's what I'm trying to tell you.

Reactions: Buzzer81