Pain

Heatherp85

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I just have a few questions, i have been diagnosed with type 2 for about 2years now and I’m starting to notice some things declining health wise. Im starting to get pain in my joints and muscles, im suffering with some chest pains and have horrible headaches pretty much all the time. Im also either asleep or wide wide awake and over/under sleeping. I admit I haven’t been the best at keeping my diabetes in check and wondering if this is all connected to it? Please help I’m driving my girlfriend crackers

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi I just have a few questions, i have been diagnosed with type 2 for about 2years now and I’m starting to notice some things declining health wise. Im starting to get pain in my joints and muscles, im suffering with some chest pains and have horrible headaches pretty much all the time. Im also either asleep or wide wide awake and over/under sleeping. I admit I haven’t been the best at keeping my diabetes in check and wondering if this is all connected to it? Please help I’m driving my girlfriend crackers

Whilst we cannot diagnose you, it's certainly possible.

Do you have a blood glucose meter?
Do you know what your glucose levels are?
Have you changed your diet since being diagnosed?
What med's are you on?

With consistently high glucose level, many people suffer a long and slow decline.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Heather,

Could be anything. But yeah, if your blood glucose has been high for a longer period of time, it could well be the culprit. (As might statins!). Time to tackle the damage T2's done to your body, and keep your relationship healthy at the same time. It's not too late to save either. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- have a read, could be it'll help some, and maybe, if you think something else may be going on, make an appointment with your GP to go over things.

Good luck!
Jo

Heatherp85

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whilst we cannot diagnose you, it's certainly possible.

Do you have a blood glucose meter?
Do you know what your glucose levels are?
Have you changed your diet since being diagnosed?
What med's are you on?

With consistently high glucose level, many people suffer a long and slow decline.

I take metformin and gliclazide, some heart tablets antidepressants statins and inhalers. Theres not alot left for me to take lol. i have a meter and im normally well within range and have fewer issues now with hypos since going on a low carb diet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I take metformin and gliclazide, some heart tablets antidepressants statins and inhalers. There's not a lot left for me to take lol. i have a meter and im normally well within range and have fewer issues now with hypos since going on a low carb diet.
Hi. Interesting. Moving to a low-carb diet when on Gliclazide makes you more likely to have a hypo rather than less? Gliclazide rarely causes problems, but statins can and the other tablets may be implicated

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
I would speak to your doctor but I would suggest if you can not sure because of the meds your on. Go low carb with a bit of intermittent fasting. That would help you get control of your blood sugars.

I would read the diabetes code by Dr Jason Fung. That is a great book.

Cause you should find your health improving once you get control and Improve the blood sugar levels.

I would also exercise of at least start walking. That will help as well.

But please speak to your doctor before though.