What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Did you go to the pub last night, break the social distancing rules?
No me and me's neither.

A 7.2 this morning on the meter of mystery.

Well fellow posters, the sun is shining and it's a brand new day, me and me's hope you are in a position to make the most of it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many posters identify stress as something which raises bg and found lockdown unhelpful in that regard. I find much of the mindfulness/mediation literature/ideas unhelpful but many feel benefits. Fitbit kindly share articles with me weekly. This one may be helpful - or not. I like the idea of no shoes - still debating whether to shell out on a pair of vivobarefoot shoes
https://blog.fitbit.com/grounding-t...4_WW_FM_E_EI_FT_00_NA&utm_content=Banner2Link

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmett7

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
'I want feeding NOW'
Popeye being pestiferous, wanting a second breakfast just because I am using ZenBrush2 on my iPad, to do my painting for today...
It's the best I can do today, I'm afraid. 10 minutes to do. Got no time left, busy, busy. Got to dash...

View attachment 42520
Great art in such little time, scary feline!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kids stayed longer than I expected, rain held off until now so most of the day in garden, chat, play, create music, drink coffee, have picnic, excellent.

So rushed watercolour of the estuary at Harlech on the South side opposite Portmerion. The road hits a slate beach and mud flats and a rocky outcrop with trees bent against the wind, great sunsets at this point. Watercolour A4 35 minutes, will try harder Monday with some dramatic West Coast of Scotland Sea Cliffs.
IMG_20200705_175901_edit.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kids stayed longer than I expected, rain held off until now so most of the day in garden, chat, play, create music, drink coffee, have picnic, excellent.

So rushed watercolour of the estuary at Harlech on the South side opposite Portmerion. The road hits a slate beach and mud flats and a rocky outcrop with trees bent against the wind, great sunsets at this point. Watercolour A4 35 minutes, will try harder Monday with some dramatic West Coast of Scotland Sea Cliffs.
View attachment 42524
I think this is absolutely amazing @Muddy Cyclist
I love the whole painting. I love that detail in the foreground. I love the trees against that sunset. I love the sky and the sea. It is an uplifting painting.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.3 for me this bright and windy day.

Muddy Bike Ride this morning against a North Westerly so going to be hard work, especially as I feel so tired and ache all over.

Take the best you can and give the best you can to today. Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, the walk was everything we wished for. The sunlight through the woodland was almost magical. I am sure that I see the natural world in a different way since @gennepher, @Muddy Cyclist and @geefull have been exhibiting their artwork on this thread.
Sounds like you had a great walk. It's nice to know the collective artistic efforts of the thread are appreciated and also can often evoke past memories, thank you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today in ZenBrush2
Inspiration was a friend's black cat who has enormous big wide eyes, and always looks surprised!
His name is Mystère.

This took me half an hour, longer than I thought it would. It was the eyes. I had to do the black cat first, then use the rubber to take the eyes out, then put the pink in, then use the rubber to take the inner part of the eyes out, then the black pupil in, then the highlight on the eye. It was working out which size, which opacity etc etc.
I did this with my finger.

A31B0CFE-1F15-4904-ABA3-271F21466559.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. A fun morning awaits - Hba1c then my appointment with my DN. A shame that the current situation means they are done on the same day. But it is good that it is being done.I

I am expecting a much higher Hba1c as my meter shows that my BS has run higher over the lockdown.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a still windy - punchy? - Suffolk. It sounds as though yesterday was thoroughly enjoyable for you @Krystyna23040 and @Muddy Cyclist. I'll continue that trend even at fbg of 4.9. The actual level is higher than ideal but the food choices I made and the method of offsetting them worked. This frequently isn't the case for me or others. A recognisable Sunday roast, well hun matured rib of beef with personal favourite carby elements new potato and new carrot, 1 roast onion, roast tomato and a roast pepper and head of broccoli (cooks really well from frozen whole) plus gravy:). 1 glass of Tempranillo - I can compromise . Ate around 4.30 then made sure I took at least 1000 steps every hour from eating until bed time - I think the steps were vital. Not perfect - used wine- but acceptable compromise for me. I couldn't have tailored that meal in a restaurant so I don't have problems worrying about eating out but feel the burden Julie bears. 2 big T2 related anniversaries for me this week. Have a great day and stay safe so you and everyone else have many more.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. A fun morning awaits - Hba1c then my appointment with my DN. A shame that the current situation means they are done on the same day. But it is good that it is being done.I

I am expecting a much higher Hba1c as my meter shows that my BS has run higher over the lockdown.
Missed this post. Best wishes but all your readings and lifestyle are excellent.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet start to the day in the dark and dangerous north - mind you, I have been up since 0450 for some bewildering reason not yet identified

The wonder wheel of just picking about in the fridge as I could not be bothered with thinking about oven temperatures or what pan would would be appropriate for reducing some liquid by half - why not just put 100ml in instead of 200ml - anyhow - 4.5 this am

Masks - evidently one reason to wear them is that it helps to stop you touching your face with your filthy parched and cracked fingers due to manic and continued panic sanitizing with a ‘z’. No - I have a better and much cheaper way. When you make sriracha sauce you start by soaking chopped up chillies in brine for a week or so and have to vent the container each day and give the contents a bit of a stir. Now, all you need to do next is to inadvertently attend to that small tic in your left eye and hey presto - no more touching your face as you have no idea where it ran off to.

Distance - hooray for @gennepher - you can now persuade your car to go more than 5 miles and bask in the glory of a smart shopping precinct before they become extinct.

Have a wonderful day, stay out of the pubs but do get your nails done. Koffy

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope all goes well and you get a great low score.