What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.1 this morning

Very windy here today and, well, I got nothing done today :sorry: spent ages unpicking some sewing but not getting much else done except making soup :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - love both the cat pictures, the raucous, fanged one and the big soulful eyes ;) the app seems to be fun :)

@Muddy Cyclist - both of these paintings are great with a good sense of place and scale and once again I love your use of colour :joyful:

arty bit -
upload_2020-7-6_20-19-34.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i'm left wondering IF i need or should even keep the big beast
Mr K has been wondering exactly the same about his Triumph Bonneville. I have said he shouldn't sell it because he really loves the big beast even if he doesn't ride it often.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone. Wot no cats? I have an allergy to felines, so have taken a sabbatical. Now 7lbs heavier in my safe redoubt, no visitors, I am planning my breakout. A sailing trip to France with a fellow male lock-downer should be alright. Fill the boat to the gunwales with food and beer.
Sad day today for music fans. Ennio thought his best work was for the film "The Mission". You decide.

Welcome back,

Think we might all be a tad heavier.

Agree on the loss.
Not wishing to disagree,
A fine choice.

But this for me, just hits so many personal spots.

Sat here , central London, just waiting for my Steph to finish work, sat listening to this.

Must be Someone cutting onions nearby, :bag:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.1 this morning

Very windy here today and, well, I got nothing done today :sorry: spent ages unpicking some sewing but not getting much else done except making soup :hilarious:

@gennepher - love both the cat pictures, the raucous, fanged one and the big soulful eyes ;) the app seems to be fun :)

@Muddy Cyclist - both of these paintings are great with a good sense of place and scale and once again I love your use of colour :joyful:

arty bit -
View attachment 42535
Thank you @geefull
:)
Love your peaceful painting.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a straight 6 on this bright day.

Off to MILs bungalow to get a valuation today, still feels strange selling it. Other than that no plans.

Put myself on a diet need to get rid of 8 lbs I somehow managed to accumulate during lock down, still locked down and it's only going to creep up and up if I don't stop procrastinating the dumping of snacking, gin and tonics, red wine, chocolate, cheese, nuts. Never over indulged of course but a little here and there and 8 lbs magically appear. Still I have already managed to loose 3 lbs in a week so on the right track.

Be amazing, confront your day let time take you where it will, keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So five years as a member here today. Time to reflect on good and bad points and check the scores. I have virtually met some amazing people living with all kinds of adversity whilst retaining a positive outlook and sense of humour. I have also found some incredibly intolerant people who refuse to acknowledge any other way of managing T2 or any lived reality than their own. Some have been especially hurtful to newer members so best avoided. Score draw. Once I ignored the success stories and clung on to the fact that N=1 in this game I found the confidence to understand my body won’t flourish if I don’t treat it like the unique treasure it is. Boy did I learn the hard way: following recipes, multi-day fasts and spurious articles took their toll initially. Another score draw. So here I am after five years none the wiser on how to manage T2 except I know exactly what my body refuses to tolerate - especially my taste buds. Montezumas and almost anything from DD I’m looking at you. I will be amazed if this works for five more years but never say never. fbg 4.8 today.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning weight watchers from another day of mystery and imagination in the dark and dangerous north

The Wonder wheel of a whole roasted celeriac with a smothering of unction came in at a flat out 5.0 this am

Keir Starmer, the flat line charmer, has decided that everyone in the party must attend some unconsious bias training and he will lead from the front. Maybe his chimp jumps about too much. Open the box, take the money.

My bike needs an MOT - it will be next Tuesday so looking forward to my first holiday out of the confines of my house and garden since February. Can’t wait to try a mask and some hand sanitiser.

Hope everyone has an ad fab day. Pereidolia, can you see what it is yet? Koffy.
upload_2020-7-7_9-21-50.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So five years as a member here today. Time to reflect on good and bad points and check the scores. I have virtually met some amazing people living with all kinds of adversity whilst retaining a positive outlook and sense of humour. I have also found some incredibly intolerant people who refuse to acknowledge any other way of managing T2 or any lived reality than their own. Some have been especially hurtful to newer members so best avoided. Score draw. Once I ignored the success stories and clung on to the fact that N=1 in this game I found the confidence to understand my body won’t flourish if I don’t treat it like the unique treasure it is. Boy did I learn the hard way: following recipes, multi-day fasts and spurious articles took their toll initially. Another score draw. So here I am after five years none the wiser on how to manage T2 except I know exactly what my body refuses to tolerate - especially my taste buds. Montezumas and almost anything from DD I’m looking at you. I will be amazed if this works for five more years but never say never. fbg 4.8 today.
Interesting how things work for some folk and not for others. Lots of factors in the equation.
Keep on trucking, five year plans - where have I heard that before.
Congratulations on the 5th anniversary with your uncooperative chum.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant - how lovely to have it all done. Good decision not to take your paperwork to London.
I'm relieved Krystyna I'm working today so paperwork will be done the same day depending on the time I finish...it it's too late tomorrow will do then off to London on Thursday...horrified to hear some pubs are having to close down again after customers have tested positive...a second wave? have we truly got through the 1st wave?

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...after a gin & tonic fueled evening I woke feeling surprisingly alert...one coffee in and I fear my optimism was not well founded...more coffee brewing & much needed...big day today my superfast broadband is due to go live at sometime before midnight apparently they text me when it is active...then I can fiddle with the connections to set it up because the smiling face literature says it's simple we shall see...had a great evening with friends last night (from the same household) think I was within the rules wondering if I know what the rules are...woke to a 7 NO hugs I should add in addition to the gin & tonic there were also profiteroles (my friend brought them) and I sampled two sharp intake of breath there...keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.1 this morning

arty bit -
View attachment 42535
Thank you for your comments on my art work.

Like this one of yours, captured those lazy summer days, well painted.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning y'all, 6.1 today which is relatively ok.

Dealing with the fallout of the builder not rocking up this morning, her ladyship is not amused and I am saying nothing at all about being able to lay bricks. Not my circus, not my monkeys ;)

Going to naff off for a walk to get clear of Ground Zero for a while, maybe I'll be lucky and drown in a puddle and thus escape part 2 of 'All Builders Are...'

Have fun :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting how things work for some folk and not for others. Lots of factors in the equation.
Keep on trucking, five year plans - where have I heard that before.
Congratulations on the 5th anniversary with your uncooperative chum.
Second part tomorrow - 5th anniversary of testing, recording and keeping food diary. I have made 40,000,000 tractors though but I refuse to foster Stakhanov tendencies - very messy in the lounge.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me couldnt get on here this morning ,first day back at work and going back this afternoon to do a bar shift as a favour just the one so all good here have a good day everyone :happy:

Reactions: HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, my planned escape went well and I trundled off to the village. I've been bemoaning the lack of a barber for a while and as I arrived I saw they were now open. A new barber/student greeted me at the door and said I had to make an appointment but my barber shouts out from the back that she will see me now. So excited, and now I have normal (for me) hair once more :)

I was very impressed with my barber's setup, sections all screened, disposable 'bibs' and they all wore a full face mask and gloves. I had my mask on. Price had increased by 50p but I can live with that.

Meanwhile, back at Ground Zero, her ladyship has fired an enraged missive in the direction of the builder, for some unknown reason she is expecting a dutiful cap in hand reply. Even I know this is going to end badly for her and I have warned the chap further down the hill as he is a known brickie/plasterer. He is currently on the M5 heading south for a week :)