What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7 this morning, which is an average of 2 very different readings from 2 meters of different brands.
6.7 and 7.3. They don't look as different that way as they look on the meters: 122 and 133.
Whatever. Both within range of what the doctor wanted.
Happy Saturday, everybody. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.9 on Tee 2 today. Libre sensor went completely Tonto yesterday, veering between unable to be read and 10s. To be sure I resorted to Stabby McStabbyface +2hrs after most eaten meal - 4.8 there 10.8 Libre. Abbott aware. Unrelated but a day with huge potential for a major falling out - I may need to eat both lips never mind bite one.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all. 4.9 on Tee 2 today. Libre sensor went completely Tonto yesterday, veering between unable to be read and 10s. To be sure I resorted to Stabby McStabbyface +2hrs after most eaten meal - 4.8 there 10.8 Libre. Abbott aware. Unrelated but a day with huge potential for a major falling out - I may need to eat both lips never mind bite one.

Yes I am starting to get a healthy distrust of the Libre in fact may use the prickometer for a while to get a truer idea of what my blood sugars are actually doing may have no choice in the matter as my sensor is soon to become defunct and Abbott have been a little tardy sending me my new sensors.

Mind you I have used the prickometer when libre showing me as very low to confirm readings

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 this morning. Good to be back down in the 6s.
As to what's for brekky this morning, I looked at the KittenCat over by the patio door munching something she'd found on the floor and I said, "So, who did you have for breakfast this morning?"

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A delightful discovery. Shifted breakfast time to 10 am. The works... bacon, egg sausage mushroom, low carb bread soaking up fat from frying pan. Main meal 4pm, roast chicken, hasselback potato, baby carrots, fried red cabbage, low carb strawberry cake and cream. No further food, but (joy of joys) Pepsi max with copious slug of dark rum. Tested regularly, nothing higher than 5.1, after that early high of 6.4.
Not sure if that is due to food or rum. Oh dear, have to repeat the experiment. Repeatedly.:D