What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew. A whole lot better than yesterday. How did the day go from that low start, John? Also, to be rude and but in, anyone have a rough idea just how much should I expect my Libre predicted A1c to be out by when I eventually get tested?

I never rely on Libre for A1c predictions. It’s way out ( under-estimates markedly in my experience) its a great gizmo for many things but not for that.

Reactions: philchap1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I never rely on Libre for A1c predictions. It’s way out ( under-estimates markedly in my experience) its a great gizmo for many things but not for that.
Not relying on it just trying to factor in a rough number so maybe 2 or 10 points should work.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
This is my first post. My morning numbers today were 6.3.
I am prediabetic/borderline type 2.
I have given up all bread, pasta, rice, cake, sweets.
I cannot give up my morning bowl of oatmeal, as this kick-starts my digestion and provides bulk.
Can anybody recommend something non-carb which will perform as well as oatmeal?
Bede
Welcome from me, too, @Bede
Could this be what you need to start the day?
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Completely agree. I've worn one for many months. It usually reads low at the start and the end of each 14 day period. Its much more accurate when blood sugars between 5 and 7 i feel. My estimated a1c is 32. I use a home 'a1c now' test which says its 37. This is usually out by 2 marks too so I'm estimating my actual is around 39. My actual was 36 last time. I'm avoiding my test until it comes down! Lockdown has a lot to answer to. Stress can put up bs. As can too much time in the garden on a sunny day drinking wine and having nibbles. ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-052130_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725-052130_LibreLink.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 234

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the link. I'm guessing/pretty sure that won't be correct either so probably avoid. Basically, I just want a handle on how effective I'm being at controlling my bg versus the collateral damage doing it this way. All diets/lifestyles have side effects/collateral damage and only a fool would bury their head in the sand about that.. Oh, Libre reckons I was 4.8 which would be ok if accurate but ......

Last edited: