What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's good that you have left stuff for your kids, hopefully, they will appreciate it
Either a blessing or a curse. :) I believe my daughter will love the exploration, I see her as a mature spirit in a former time and place if there is any such thing as pre-existence. She possesses a wisdom, maturity and understanding far more than her earthly years allow, however it will take her forever to go through everything and like me she's not got a delete finger so is going to need a very large house to store it all. My son, well, I reckon he was a young spirit when cast to Earth and was still very wet behind the ears :joyful:. So non of my memorabilia will get more than a fleeting glance before he rushes to the next newly discovered interest in his life.
Even I think I am odd sometimes ;)
There is nothing wrong with being odd in my opinion, makes the world a more interesting place and there is a lot of very fine odd people about.

Edit.. or should that be 'there are a lot' how I passed English Language at O level I will never know. :joyful:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Dull start here but I think warmth is promised.

Muddy Cycle ride with SIL today so expect another 3 hours in the saddle. SIL mentioned doing the 20 miles of Red Route which is all technical riding, jumps, rocks almost vertical drops so knee protectors will be in use today.

This afternoon is helping Daughter check out the tent I gave them before they go on holiday to Wales.

Tonight our choir master is holding a choir get together outside, singing will be involved with a dozen or so people, to go or not to go that is the question???????

Whatever your day throws at you do the best you can with it. Keep safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning and another day of driving Miss Daisy.

Tomorrow her bloke rocks up to give me a hand assembling the trampoline as, apparently, it's a two-man job. I was given the nod to 'hurry up on Friday as we have other things to do' *nudge* *nudge* but there are some things in life that I really don't need to know :wideyed:

He is a nice enough chap, another aspie, a barrister and young to boot. Obviously his special interest is maintaining old boilers, maybe he's a steam enthusiast? :angelic:;)

I now have a list of images I want to draw which, of course, means I have started none. There is an interesting video (below) that I think may explain my dilemma. It seems I may just be a 'left side' type artist with no 3D imagination. Would explain my obsession with detail and why I don't see myself as an artist.

Anyway, have a great day :)

lindisfel

Expert
5.9 this morning and another day of driving Miss Daisy.

Tomorrow her bloke rocks up to give me a hand assembling the trampoline as, apparently, it's a two-man job. I was given the nod to 'hurry up on Friday as we have other things to do' *nudge* *nudge* but there are some things in life that I really don't need to know :wideyed:

He is a nice enough chap, another aspie, a barrister and young to boot. Obviously his special interest is maintaining old boilers, maybe he's a steam enthusiast? :angelic:;)

I now have a list of images I want to draw which, of course, means I have started none. There is an interesting video (below) that I think may explain my dilemma. It seems I may just be a 'left side' type artist with no 3D imagination. Would explain my obsession with detail and why I don't see myself as an artist.

Anyway, have a great day :)

I can sympathize, AA. I had a very interesting mental trip into the carboniferous yesterday afternoon and was looking at Griffinflies and comparing them with modern dragon flies.
Interestingly they had no pterostigma that enable modern dragonflies to glide efficiently. Their wing structures were very different and they had up 30in wingspans which would be off putting if around today.
Some young earth creationists assert dragonflies have not changed but its clearly not true, they may not even be related and be an example of convergence.
I heard from a guy last year who was into dragonflies that the military were investigating their flying abilities to see if they could improve their kit.
You can't make it up! :)
D.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I heard from a guy last year who was into dragonflies that the military were investigating their flying abilities to see if they could improve their kit.

I remember seeing a program about robotic prototypes using dragonflies as a basis, very interesting. Now they seem to be interested in making robot bees to help pollination, guess it's too difficult for them to just save the bees we have ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, so I've stumbled into a lost Carry On film - Carry On up the fbg. @Alien Aspie your double entendre(s) were obviously intended but @Muddy Cyclist the SIL one was obviously not. Pre-scorchio here just now and remarkably quiet - USAF day off? Fbg could have been the 4.7 Libre reader showed first or the 5.4 on Tee 2 some time later or something completely different. Currently pondering just what is going on with my body and how to react. The only bonus for me of this woe was taking my weight to 73 kgs - made it acceptable. Now I seem to have settled around 74-75 kgs which I don't much like but looking back at my data my best all round results came at about that weight. Clothes all still fit and not obvious I'm heavier to Julie so may be a first world problem. Given my right arm is still recovering from torn bicep and gym not in place yet I'm relying on >20k steps daily which may not be working. It could also be the little visitor and follow up chemical fest have cleared my system. All numbers are ok just puzzling me. Have a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a horrendous job yesterday which really began the evening before...finally got the matter resolved last night at 21:43 ten minutes before my clients 24hrs in custody was up...the officer dealing was as my mother would say 'as thick as two short planks' so inexperienced he should never have been dealing with the matter after exhausting my patience I insisted an inspector intervene and client was out...tired but off to London to collect Georgia who is spending a few days here...so looking forward to it...meeting her & her mother in Camden so no negotiating the new road measures from Euston to Waterloo...no increased congestion charge or inflated parking charges to pay...coffee & a little something to eat then home...I have told work not to call on me today good to be busy but really need a short break...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a barrister and young to boot.
Got quite excited there AA though it said 'Barista' excellent... then I put the reading specs on & saw barrister it all went downhill from there....'old boiler' mean but really funny!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 3.8 this morning
seems unlikely but so it says ;) had some cheese and a couple of grapes just in case :)

it's been shopping day today, out fairly early as usual and everyone wearing masks except one. That was most of the morning by the time we got everything sorted, wiped down and stashed away.
Groceries delivered to mum and we're back home again now :)

Much better weather here today, not much rain, just the occasional sprinkle and the wind has 'bated' a bit so perhaps a walk later :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - definitely reason to be thankful that our medical guidance doesn't rest with Mr Trump's recommendations, if you didn't laugh you'd cry :sorry:

@lindisfel - count me into the variety of eclectic interests too ;)

@Alien Aspie - sure we'd find your part finished art interesting if you felt comfortable to post it, I'm like @gennepher I find the process people work through very interesting.

@gennepher - thanks gennepher :) nice landscape of yours with interesting effects in the background hills and the flowing clouds :)

@dunelm - lovely tree that, procreate looks like a very capable app., not available for android though so I'm going to try out a couple of others, see how I get on.

@Muddy Cyclist - your morning light sounds lovely :) it was a vista of distant patches of sunlight here :joyful: I look forward to your watercolour layering experiments :)

art bit -
back to the trad stuff today -
no 1 - how not to add red to a sky, the red I chose ended up drying very pink so it's not so much a stormy sky as a slightly fluorescent one :hilarious:
View attachment 42984

plus no 2 - a quick sketch, I found the minimal pen strokes of some of the Japanese art interesting so here is a very quick sky experiment ;)

View attachment 42985
Thank you for the compliment on the tree. Yes, procreate is very capable and hosts a good number of ‘brushes’ and colour pallets that can be added to if needed.
I like your top painting and the way the colours of that angry sky reflect down into the sea. Interesting sky scape experiments on lower one, reminiscent of an illustration in a book.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst I've been sorting and clearing MILs the forum went mad, so many posts.

@gennepher Art gives so much, all those memories and a great piece of art from them.

I am humbled by my art technique inspiring you, your art work does the same for me. How art gets to each of us is wonderful, some it inspires, some it brings back memories, some I'm sure it confounds.

@geefull really like that first watercolour, brilliant, not sure about the second but admire any attempt at something new so brilliant.

@Alien Aspie I am opposite to you I can't hit that DELETE button and so I have lots of unfinished art, poems, music, photographs and as such life becomes very cluttered. On the bright side my kids are going to have a whale of a time sorting through my thoughts, ideas and observations when I eventually pop my clogs. Or perhaps they will just hit that delete button. :joyful:

So after a crazy busy day and late finish I had quickly layered some colours down this morning before going to MILS then tonight quickly splashed some more colours on top, spraying the original with water first to let the darker colours of the second layer run with some control by tilting the paper. I have no idea where this is going other than it is based on yesterday's heathland sketch and as mentioned to @dunelm this Morning.
View attachment 42988
Brilliant painting - a wonderful hint, essence even of heathland

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a Moist Von Lipwig of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of yet more chicken and a splodge of chia pudding for afters occasioned a 5.0 this am

Baby sitting duties today - play mats, cushions, soft toys, complaints about gums.
Not sure about the rest of the day. I have a book that I need to put down for a few days as it’s doing my head in so I will have a crack at something called The Second Sleep by Robert Harris - an author that I am unfamiliar with - not that I ever get to be familiar with other authors.

Messing on with Procreate. Not sure about this one but I don’t want to add anything else.
Have the best day that you can I am off for koffy.

upload_2020-7-30_9-4-55.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
About mid morning yesterday dropped to 3.8 and spent the whole of the day hovering around 4.0. Then suddenly it climbed to 6.6 at 10pm - which was 5 hours after eating.

Was therefore really pleased that it had dropped to 5.3 this morning. I wonder if my liver got confused and did the dawn phenomenon thingy last night by mistake.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist

Oh, I think that's your first recital since lockdown ?

A rather intrepid moment..(who could have envisaged singing as ever having real risks)

I hope you make the right choice ,
One that sits comfortable with you

Best wishes for all, hope it's a wonderful evening & the worry proves unnecessary, though sensible

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, so I've stumbled into a lost Carry On film - Carry On up the fbg. @Alien Aspie your double entendre(s) were obviously intended but @Muddy Cyclist the SIL one was obviously not. Pre-scorchio here just now and remarkably quiet - USAF day off? Fbg could have been the 4.7 Libre reader showed first or the 5.4 on Tee 2 some time later or something completely different. Currently pondering just what is going on with my body and how to react. The only bonus for me of this woe was taking my weight to 73 kgs - made it acceptable. Now I seem to have settled around 74-75 kgs which I don't much like but looking back at my data my best all round results came at about that weight. Clothes all still fit and not obvious I'm heavier to Julie so may be a first world problem. Given my right arm is still recovering from torn bicep and gym not in place yet I'm relying on >20k steps daily which may not be working. It could also be the little visitor and follow up chemical fest have cleared my system. All numbers are ok just puzzling me. Have a great day.

Decent score, but the last few lines seem more telling.

Hope the biceps healing well.
Enjoy the day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got quite excited there AA though it said 'Barista' excellent... then I put the reading specs on & saw barrister it all went downhill from there....'old boiler' mean but really funny!
That reminded me of a visit to Costa coffee. A man in front of me in the queue asked me why the staff were called barristers when they obviously were not. I tried to explain difference between baristas and barristers but he didn't understand. The rest of the queue thought my efforts at explaining were hillarious.