About to start (ok, next week)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well as a quick update, I had a bit of monster sweet eating on the first day after dinner - the insulin obviously kicked in far faster than the pitta filled with cajun chicken, peppers and mayo, then went to bed a bit higher than normal (about 8-9) for safety, and my DP kicked in royally and I woke up at 17, so took a hefty correction though it think it was a little much. But yeah since then its been pretty good though including some snacking, see the pic :)
I don't think I've ever had 85% in target before (it normally goes somewhere between 30 and 60 with the occasional 70 - admittedly my libre normally shows me about 0.5-1.5 below what I am) - I did a couple of corrections yesterday but this may just require some basal tweaks.

I've also got to work out what to do with my DP, the problem being is that whilst being predictable that it'll start at 3am, its sometimes minor and sometimes I end up at 16+ - this is why I want the sensors, will be trying to convince the consultant in October when I see him (well phone) next.

But hey I count that graph as a success so far :)
And wow, no injections now for two days - its very strange

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-075634.png
    Screenshot_20200730-075634.png
    110 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: porl69 and Chas C

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Isn't that strange, I never worry about a 'naked shower' - you are naked anyway with the pump detached and even with the sensor transmitter in place, they aren't really that big are they?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Isn't that strange, I never worry about a 'naked shower' - you are naked anyway with the pump detached and even with the sensor transmitter in place, they aren't really that big are they?

Its just nice with absolutely nothing attached to you :)

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I put mine in my arm, usually, round the back. I don't soap there so it doesn't get in the way...

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Rokaab

I have now got a date for the training and pump start, 2 weeks time. I have been following this thread and the other one on issues with interest. Hope you can get things sorted with the infusion sets soon

Thanks for sharing your experiences

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Started pumping insulin this morning. Had 2 remote training sessions last week and then a week of pumping saline. Feels good to get started at last. The remote training training sessions went well. I had a face to face session to get started on insulin. It was good to have the face to face session. They are following with a phone calL this evening and then again tomorrow. Checking my blood glucose 2 hourly (finger pricks) then 3 hourly overnite.
So far so good

Reactions: Rokaab