1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

About to start (ok, next week)

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Rokaab, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well as a quick update, I had a bit of monster sweet eating on the first day after dinner - the insulin obviously kicked in far faster than the pitta filled with cajun chicken, peppers and mayo, then went to bed a bit higher than normal (about 8-9) for safety, and my DP kicked in royally and I woke up at 17, so took a hefty correction though it think it was a little much. But yeah since then its been pretty good though including some snacking, see the pic :)
    I don't think I've ever had 85% in target before (it normally goes somewhere between 30 and 60 with the occasional 70 - admittedly my libre normally shows me about 0.5-1.5 below what I am) - I did a couple of corrections yesterday but this may just require some basal tweaks.

I've also got to work out what to do with my DP, the problem being is that whilst being predictable that it'll start at 3am, its sometimes minor and sometimes I end up at 16+ - this is why I want the sensors, will be trying to convince the consultant in October when I see him (well phone) next.

But hey I count that graph as a success so far :)
    And wow, no injections now for two days - its very strange

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. LizLola

LizLola Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Isn't that strange, I never worry about a 'naked shower' - you are naked anyway with the pump detached and even with the sensor transmitter in place, they aren't really that big are they?

3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Its just nice with absolutely nothing attached to you :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I definitely agree! Trying to avoid that little sensor is a pain in the you know what.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. LizLola

LizLola Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I put mine in my arm, usually, round the back. I don't soap there so it doesn't get in the way...

6. h884

h884 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi Rokaab

I have now got a date for the training and pump start, 2 weeks time. I have been following this thread and the other one on issues with interest. Hope you can get things sorted with the infusion sets soon

Thanks for sharing your experiences

7. h884

h884 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Started pumping insulin this morning. Had 2 remote training sessions last week and then a week of pumping saline. Feels good to get started at last. The remote training training sessions went well. I had a face to face session to get started on insulin. It was good to have the face to face session. They are following with a phone calL this evening and then again tomorrow. Checking my blood glucose 2 hourly (finger pricks) then 3 hourly overnite.
    So far so good

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook