What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull Thank you for your comments re my painting. I used to cut my own mounts but have become lazy which is the reason I now mainly only do A4 watercolours as I can buy mounts pre cut from Amazon for A4 pictures to be mounted and mount size is 11" by 14" so fit in easily purchased frames. The mounts come in packs of 24 including backing card and a clear cellophane envelope with sealing strip cost about £23. You can get mounts cut to your own specification also.

Really like your wet day painting, you have caught the mood and light of the day, brilliant.

Mentioning soggy campers, my daughter and family are camping in Wales at the moment in a tent that I gave them, larger than the one they had, I was worried how waterproof it would be as it had not been used for 10 years, apparently they say it is brilliant, I'm hoping they are not just being kind to stop me worrying and they are dry.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm a lovely piece of art, reminded me we have a teapot with similar decorations although not particularly well painted. Here it be just for info....
IMG_3603.JPG

Nice and still here, need one of those Star Trek transporter machines and you could have your ride around Staffordshire. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Once my headache had cleared, helped by paracetamol, I finished yesterday's circle of Beech Trees watercolour, I was trying to capture them in friendly mood, A4 about 2 hours in total. Next one I hope to capture them in dark and mysterious mood.
IMG_3601.JPG

Just looking at the painting the grass is too large/tall in the foreground as the trees lost their scale and enormousness, must try harder.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Today is when we commemorate Oswald King of Northumbria - kind of your neck of the woods @dunelm? Oddly, I was in Oswald house at school. My fbg today? Possibly somewhere in the region of 4.4 to 4.6 but could equally have been at all sorts of other levels. Those ones were just what Libre's fake news put out to discredit my amazing achievement in finagling the numbers it shows. Last evening's ruse was to ingest a two egg - and avo of course - salad smothered in mayo. Surprising how time flies. Seems like only yesterday a 5 kgs tub of mayo was full - must communicate with those Amazonians for a replacement. Earlier (lunch?) I had a sandwich of garlic and dill sauerktaut and chicken breast. Someone mysteriously ate all the Holy Moly. Good news on the Okley Dokely front @Alien Aspie; hope the wind abates for your jaunt @dunelm; great fbg @karen8967; wonderful artwork again @geefull; take it easy @Muddy Cyclist. Pip pip old toots .
Oh there was a lot going on up here in the 7th C - If he had been around today he would have been born a Yorkshire Man (Deira - southern bit of Northumbria in those heady days). Filling my time making bread this morning, waiting to see if the wind drops a bit.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Far too windy here for a safe bike ride @dunelm

Thanks for the cat compliment.

No I hadn’t come across that Procreate site. Thanks for that. I’ve bookmarked it.

Great plum blossom painting. It must be a lovely teapot.
Thank you for the comments about the plum blossom - I have been cautioned to always have five petals on plum blossom - dear me.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm a lovely piece of art, reminded me we have a teapot with similar decorations although not particularly well painted. Here it be just for info....
View attachment 43110
Nice and still here, need one of those Star Trek transporter machines and you could have your ride around Staffordshire. :)
Thank you, the teapot was quite busy so just used it for a bit of inspiration and to get an idea of another branch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Once my headache had cleared, helped by paracetamol, I finished yesterday's circle of Beech Trees watercolour, I was trying to capture them in friendly mood, A4 about 2 hours in total. Next one I hope to capture them in dark and mysterious mood.
View attachment 43111
Just looking at the painting the grass is too large/tall in the foreground as the trees lost their scale and enormousness, must try harder.
Good Beech Trees and could be the subject of a series - wonder if I should search for tea pots?

lindisfel

Expert
Fascinating stuff - as far as my addled brain can determine - as humans. (Diploid organisms), some people display a range of Neanderthal or Denisova ancestral allele rather than derived allele in M1 and M2 macrophages as demonstrated from the treatment of data using Kruskal-Wallace one way anova analysis. I need to read it more. I wonder if there has been conformation results from other experiments? Might even be useful for looking at medical intervention for things as diabetes, cancer, autoimmune diseases, allergies, viruses, wound healing and on and on.

Bridge at Buith Wells - marvelous - Yes, I suppose you will not want to drop a bum note and will get those bricks in order.
Some think a fair percentage of Neanderthals had ginger hair?
I wouldn't tell my youngest she might whop me with a yard brush! :) D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some think a fair percentage of Neanderthals had ginger hair?
I wouldn't tell my youngest she might whop me with a yard brush! :) D.
It has been postulated that most Eurasians carry bits of Neanderthal genes. Mine are probably not the same bits as yours and may not be as many or as few. I don’t seem to have any red hair bits.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 43111

I like these trees very much @Muddy Cyclist

I don't think the long grass detracted from the enormity of those old trees.
I am visualising the painting with short grass, and I don't think I would like it so much with short grass. I like this painting just as it is, so stop being hard on yourself!

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes @dunelm
Always 5 petals on plum blossom :)
Fascinating how people see the world differently. I grew up surrounded by acres of plum fields and at certain times of the year several villages were nothing but plum blossom. All I ever saw/paid attention to was how heavy the crop was and the likely returns either for selling or picking. In my mind plums just have white blossom and the more the better - I have no idea how many petals are on plum bossom. You guys clearly look at the world totally differently - maybe better?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fascinating how people see the world differently. I grew up surrounded by acres of plum fields and at certain times of the year several villages were nothing but plum blossom. All I ever saw/paid attention to was how heavy the crop was and the returns either for selling or picking. In my mind plums just have white blossom and the more the better. You guys clearly look at the world totally differently - maybe better?

There are always different perspectives in looking at the world @ianpspurs

Either of these two perspectives are valid.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No one perspective is better than another.
Ah, but they have very different consequences as we are seeing over COVID. One person's face mask to protect others is another's face nappy/muzzle curtailing their liberty. Perspectives matter but maybe not about noticing the number of petals on plum blossom.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Minced rabbit?
Have not seen a wild rabbit in four years. Few hares. Deer, Both Roe and muntjac. Red squirrels. Weasel. Rodents galore.
No rabbits, which has always seemed strange to us.

lindisfel

Expert
We are wrapped around by trees in our little Rivendell.
Now an haven for 54 years! In the words of A.E. Houseman, I wish there were 54 more!
A couple of photos taken this morning from our upstairs 'Den'...aka tv room.
Even wetter today than yesterday
IMG_20200805_121722740_HDR_compress68.jpg
IMG_20200805_121745436_HDR_compress17.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Like @gennepher tbought i posted earlier. But apparently not.
Lets try that again
7.50am FBG 5.7
Final day of digger hire, so lots to be finished before it goes back tonight.

Reactions: karen8967