What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, late again, but maybe better never than later.

Yesterday blood sugars 5.2, I had to play games over insulin doses before I was off out on the bike.
Today a manageable 6.0, but still a tweaked insulin dose before out on the bike.

Well fellow posters and painters all has dropped by the wayside in my determination to catch up on lost motorbiking time, yesterday I headed West and today headed south. Yesterday 50.5 miles and today 104 miles. I have been brushing up on my IAM road techinques ipsga, ssv and lines etc. Today I headed to a bikers cafe called Loomies at West Meon, the koffy was ok, but only 75p a mug. Yep on the long way home the cross wind was " interesting " .
Now I have a host of chores and chords, broken or otherwise to scale (s). Not withstanding my woodworking projects to catch up on.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, late again, but maybe better never than later.

Yesterday blood sugars 5.2, I had to play games over insulin doses before I was off out on the bike.
Today a manageable 6.0, but still a tweaked insulin dose before out on the bike.

Well fellow posters and painters all has dropped by the wayside in my determination to catch up on lost motorbiking time, yesterday I headed West and today headed south. Yesterday 50.5 miles and today 104 miles. I have been brushing up on my IAM road techinques ipsga, ssv and lines etc. Today I headed to a bikers cafe called Loomies at West Meon, the koffy was ok, but only 75p a mug. Yep on the long way home the cross wind was " interesting " .
Now I have a host of chores and chords, broken or otherwise to scale (s). Not withstanding my woodworking projects to catch up on.
FB_IMG_1596641866488.jpg

Yesterdays trip H's a bikers greasy spoon. The Waterside at Benson on Thames a place to take the mistress, failing that the other half.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1596641833510.jpg
    FB_IMG_1596641833510.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: lindisfel

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Today's trip Loomies another bikers greasy spoon. Note the old Austin A30, very rare and the two guys that owned it had a great sense of humour. That model was my first ever car so fond memories.
FB_IMG_1596641772053.jpg

Well a couple of fellow posters asked for more bike travels.

lindisfel

Expert
Yes, but us big blond guys in longships soon sorted you all out with our battleaxes!

Oh there was a lot going on up here in the 7th C - If he had been around today he would have been born a Yorkshire Man (Deira - southern bit of Northumbria in those heady days). Filling my time making bread this morning, waiting to see if the wind drops a bit.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinating how people see the world differently. I grew up surrounded by acres of plum fields and at certain times of the year several villages were nothing but plum blossom. All I ever saw/paid attention to was how heavy the crop was and the likely returns either for selling or picking. In my mind plums just have white blossom and the more the better - I have no idea how many petals are on plum bossom. You guys clearly look at the world totally differently - maybe better?
It’s just the styliste rules for traditional Chinese painting - they do white petals also - 5 petals though

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s just the styliste rules for traditional Chinese painting - they do white petals also - 5 petals though
Thanks. I still feel I should have taken more notice of the colour and shape of the blossom rather than seeing it as £ signs.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's trip Loomies another bikers greasy spoon. Note the old Austin A30, very rare and the two guys that owned it had a great sense of humour. That model was my first ever car so fond memories.View attachment 43129
Well a couple of fellow posters asked for more bike travels.
Very welcome pics, interesting stops, us Mountain Bike riders ride from Cafe to cafe even if it's the same one we keep passing again and again and again and......... actually there are at leat four we visit on Cannock Chase, or should I say used to visit before lock down, I still don't feel safe useing cafes, pubs, restaurants and takeaways. Just up the road from us in the village of Stone they have this last week just had an outbreak of 19 Covid cases ALL emanating from one pub In the village.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We are wrapped around by trees in our little Rivendell.
Now an haven for 54 years! In the words of A.E. Houseman, I wish there were 54 more!
A couple of photos taken this morning from our upstairs 'Den'...aka tv room.
Even wetter today than yesterdayView attachment 43122 View attachment 43123
Fantastic location, who needs TV with views like those?

lindisfel

Expert
Very ironic that the post above was from Alfred - shame he isn't from Edington.

Hi Ian,
Michael Wood is a guy who is well worth listening to on the subject. He obviously is steeped in the history of the period of Alfred.

I am afraid I am what the Greek philosophers called Paul on Mars Hill...a seed picker!
D. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lovely sunny morning and a 5.9 to show for it :)

Think I'll read a book and then burn some calories as I cogitate for 30 minutes.

Enjoy the day ;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Tesco visit in a few minutes to achieve what I failed to achieve Wednesday.

Then the day is mine although same decision to make as last Thursday, choir or not this evening, should I go or not, outside but more than two households for the amount of people, social distancing possible but lines get blurred and of course singing. Safer than pubs and probably the Tesco shop, life's activities are no longer easy. :banghead:

Achieve a day of wonderful things keeping safe along the way.