What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Watergirls

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

good morning, I am pre diabetic diagnosed, I am having blood tests at my surgery,
This morning I have tested myself and it was 8.1

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 @ 8.15am - delighted as had a day out yesterday at seaside town and had fresh salmon and chips with a little brown chippie sauce - which did spike my BS 2 hours after (expected) but I walked for hours yesterday so they did come back down hours later and good this morning/today or may be I was just lucky this time!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 still on jolies, eating out can be challenging

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200810-152850_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200810-152850_LibreLink.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 202

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 @ 8.15am - delighted as had a day out yesterday at seaside town and had fresh salmon and chips with a little brown chippie sauce - which did spike my BS 2 hours after (expected) but I walked for hours yesterday so they did come back down hours later and good this morning/today or may be I was just lucky this time!

Lucky or not it’s a good result, well done you.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
6.4 this morning. Ran late at night and had to eat blueberries, a coffee and a cherry tomato, afterwards to stop my BS falling. Guess it could have been worse. It was still really hot at 10 pm.