What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
normally love lightning (and go outside to watch it), but the prolonged intensity of this was beginning to scare me. It was upsetting Popeye. Impossible to sleep.
That sounds like a scary storm. Hope Popeye is ok now.

Our Labrador Saffy used to be petrified of storms and took ages to settle down afterwards.

Archie our Chocolate Labrador is the complete opposite. He used to absolutely love storms and fireworks. I say used to because he now can't be bothered to watch storms. He prefers to sleep. He also used to love watching the stars in the sky.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet and sober morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of spiced leftover soup came in at 4.9 this am

Not a lot on the cards today - a bit of shopping. We have though booked a table at a little local delli and charcuterie for some socially distanced cold titbits.
Communications between IPad and printer is a bit intermittent at the moment - can’t be the ionosphere - they just probably are having a tiff. Ah well, turn them both off and re-set the router - again. Do try and play nicely and share.

@gennepher - two very different paintings - a very dark and stormy one and a simply wonderful shooting star - was it Perseid?
@Muddy Cyclist - roots are growing - coming along well.

Have a great day if you can, all the best to anyone who has A-Level results relatives - let’s hope we don’t have any results parties resulting in virus spread. I have no idea about this sketch but will be now having koffy.

upload_2020-8-13_7-48-4.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning and grey skies abound :)

I sat out in the storm as promised, it was a beauty. Warm rain and nature's orchestra along with a drop of Talisker (coaster on top of the glass). We have more storms on the horizon

View attachment 43296

Enjoy your day :)
Excellent, I do like a good monsoon bathing experience - Talisker - nice choice.

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all either having experienced, currently experiencing or waiting for thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening and all that. Much cooler here and all the signs are we shall have rain of some description.My fbg may be a distant cousin of the 4.5 the logbook shows for 4.35 this morning. More time with No 5 grandchild today and No 6 looked all present and correct when scanned yesterday. Have a great day and if you royally screw up just blame the media because you're worth it

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not one drop of rain yet although it is cooler this morning thank goodness...cats are so jittery I expect a storm is on the way...no idea why I listen to the news Gavin Williamson seeks to explain the downgrading of some pupils exams stating that if they hadn't changed the system some pupils may have been promoted to positions beyond their capabilities...so that explains why we have the current administration in !0 Downing Street all seem to have been promoted above theirs..woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning and grey skies abound :)

I sat out in the storm as promised, it was a beauty. Warm rain and nature's orchestra along with a drop of Talisker (coaster on top of the glass). We have more storms on the horizon

View attachment 43296

Enjoy your day :)
A Beethoven moment along with my favourite whisky. Good idea the coaster on top of the glass, I hadn't thought of that as away of cutting down my alcohol intake:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

Loraines

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not having dessert, potatoes, pasta, rice, bread ....
At last after 5 years of Type 1.5 LADA, I have gone down from 8.3Mmol to 7.5 hba1c. Doctor is very pleased with me I’ve lost 10kg too.

lindisfel

Expert
Morning...not one drop of rain yet although it is cooler this morning thank goodness...cats are so jittery I expect a storm is on the way...no idea why I listen to the news Gavin Williamson seeks to explain the downgrading of some pupils exams stating that if they hadn't changed the system some pupils may have been promoted to positions beyond their capabilities...so that explains why we have the current administration in !0 Downing Street all seem to have been promoted above theirs..woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.
That guy gives the impression he is ever so slightly unctuous, he can sidestep questions with oily dexterity.
I don't know why I like him so much!:)

We missed the storms again although there was some rain. It's somewhat cooler today.

I see there are moves to change the law soon, if someone takes offence at what someone says, it may become an offence. Hence no more jokes about an Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman.
An whole raft of British humour will be banished from life.
D.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
this morning at 5 AM fbg was 3.6 at 7 AM 3.9 had some porridge for breakfast BG shot up to 6.8 that was ok got rid of the nasty head ache I woke up with but just tested and BG now at 3.7 do not know what is going on.

We have been promised thunder and lightning for several days now but so far no sign of it except for one puny flash far off in the distance.

Yesterday sat on a bench in the park reminded me of a past visit there a couple of years back the bench in the photo is the bench from yesterdays trek Looked a bit different yesterday though.

Golden2.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
he can sidestep questions with oily dexterity.
He also said 90% would get the right marks wondering what happens to the 10% who don't...why did I mention the lack of rain we've just had a storm with rain so heavy it was frightening.

Reactions: jjraak

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That guy gives the impression he is ever so slightly unctuous, he can sidestep questions with oily dexterity.
I don't know why I like him so much!:)

We missed the storms again although there was some rain. It's somewhat cooler today.

I see there are moves to change the law soon, if someone takes offence at what someone says, it may become an offence. Hence no more jokes about an Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman.
An whole raft of British humour will be banished from life.
D.
My God offenders will be queuing out the door at the law courts. Imagine all the different utterances that can cause offence.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I needed some food shopping, but it was too hot to travel to next town, so I just did the local shops. I needed 4 different shops. I was the only silly sausage wearing a mask.

So Covid-19 doesn't exist?
And people were coughing in each shop...a lot...

Then in Tesco Express the Manageress picked up a face shield from behind their screens and asked the till lady serving me who had worn it last and had it been cleaned...

My eyes widened and raised to the ceiling to the till lady serving me, and her eyes said something similar...

You mean, in Tesco Express the shop assistants share the same face shield?????

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds like a scary storm. Hope Popeye is ok now.

Our Labrador Saffy used to be petrified of storms and took ages to settle down afterwards.

Archie our Chocolate Labrador is the complete opposite. He used to absolutely love storms and fireworks. I say used to because he now can't be bothered to watch storms. He prefers to sleep. He also used to love watching the stars in the sky.

Thank you @Krystyna23040

It was the worst lightning storm I have ever encountered.

Popeye is okay now thanks.

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Not been on forums for ages, stress of finally moving home, grieving for my beautiful boy Leroy, stress of lockdown and the joys of rehoming a very friendly very quirky and very mischievous Senior Staffy. All during continuing shielding. Not been actual shopping since January. Love our new home right by the beach, however not liking the hoards of day trippers and holiday makers, very good for business but no notice taken of social distancing, huge groups of teenagers and town has been heaving since mid July. Luckily heat not too much of a problem as not going outside and walls are minimum 2ft thick. Spending a lot of time settling dog in, she has some health issues and issues from being left in a garden for 8 years occasionally fed, never walked, never played with. Had a couple of major ops since being rescued but she is so friendly and loveable as long as you’re not another dog, cat squirrel, or children. They all scare her and some men too. so with all this going on, keeping to my 80 - 90 g carbs a day, why am I 10.6 fbg.? Yesterday did three fingers in succession 9.6, 12.6 and 10.8 all on the same hand. Usually around 5-6. Haven’t met new GP yet, they are keen on telephone call, don’t do them as need to lip read and don’t video call as don’t trust them. I know I’ll have to go eventually but putting it off as long as possible, plus beloved can’t take time off work to take me. Still losing weight slowly but surely.
Any ideas or suggestions?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ gennepher - two very different paintings - a very dark and stormy one and a simply wonderful shooting star - was it Perseid?

Yes it was @dunelm

Have a great day if you can, all the best to anyone who has A-Level results relatives - let’s hope we don’t have any results parties resulting in virus spread. I have no idea about this sketch but will be now having koffy.

upload_2020-8-13_7-48-4-jpeg.43297

Completely different combination. A beautiful forest of saplings, and a lovely orchid.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
keeping to my 80 - 90 g carbs a day,
I am relative new to all this, just over a year from diagnosis and others will probably give much better advise. However I have discovered unless I keep my daily carb intake below 30 grm my BG rises and I can only tolerate 20 grm in a meal or the same happens, maybe you need to experiment with even less carbs.

Seem like you are on the case though which is good.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a quiet and sober morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of spiced leftover soup came in at 4.9 this am

Not a lot on the cards today - a bit of shopping. We have though booked a table at a little local delli and charcuterie for some socially distanced cold titbits.
Communications between IPad and printer is a bit intermittent at the moment - can’t be the ionosphere - they just probably are having a tiff. Ah well, turn them both off and re-set the router - again. Do try and play nicely and share.

@ gennepher - two very different paintings - a very dark and stormy one and a simply wonderful shooting star - was it Perseid?
@Muddy Cyclist - roots are growing - coming along well.

View attachment 43297
That's a very detailed piece of art today, really like it.