What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost there with my end of year accounts. Much cooler so found my brain was working better.

Made some celery and broccoli soup flavoured with Levi Roots Caribbean Seasoning which I had before my Salmon Salad dinner at 2pm. It will be a 16hr fast today.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed to finish my root Woodland painting, A4 Watercolour, 2 hours lots of waiting around for layers of paint to dry. This is typical of Cannock Chase. Finished BUT I might do some more work on the roots at some point to darken some areas with a purplish wash ...
IMG_3651.JPG

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.00am FBG 6.2
There was no snacking last night.
@Alien Aspie was out in the thunderstorm yesterday, watering my young trees, using rainwater from my collection system, a mixed selection of buckets, wheelbarrows and milk churns, which rapidly refilled.
Got completely soaked and am sure the neighbours are now convinced I am barking mad.
Used to love thunderstorms, but now my enjoyment of their drama is tainted by concern over potential damage. MrSlim was also out in one of the storms, we had several, checking and improving the flow in his new drainage ditches.

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.6 this morning

just back inside from watering stuff in pots and recently transplanted stuff out in the garden ;)

shopping day yesterday and 'big shed' charity day today. We actually got to eat our dinner out this evening, very much social distanced but still enjoyable ;) Only half as many tables as there used to be in the cafe and mask wearing taken seriously by staff and patrons alike (except when eating obviously, straining soup through the mask would be a messy business ;) :hilarious: )

I'll have to catch up on reading the thread in stages I think :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

art bit -

self explanatory really - inktense with a touch of watercolour.
upload_2020-8-13_20-17-11.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

just back inside from watering stuff in pots and recently transplanted stuff out in the garden ;)

shopping day yesterday and 'big shed' charity day today. We actually got to eat our dinner out this evening, very much social distanced but still enjoyable ;) Only half as many tables as there used to be in the cafe and mask wearing taken seriously by staff and patrons alike (except when eating obviously, straining soup through the mask would be a messy business ;) :hilarious: )

art bit -

View attachment 43320

You could eat those strawberries @geefull
They look delicious.
You are very good with those inktense pencils.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to finish my root Woodland painting, A4 Watercolour, 2 hours lots of waiting around for layers of paint to dry. This is typical of Cannock Chase. Finished BUT I might do some more work on the roots at some point to darken some areas with a purplish wash ...
View attachment 43315

I like this very much @Muddy Cyclist

A lot of waiting for paint drying! But worth it!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
art bit -
Brilliant, you are very good at these plant drawings. The light, shape and depth you have created is wonderfully seen and drawn.

I have a farmer friend who for years grew PYO Strawberries. I have planted, picked and eat more than my share of all sorts of varieties, Cambridge Favouits being my choice. It was back aching sat on an iron seat behind his tractor as a wheel with hooks on goes between your legs and a tray full of strawberry plants in front of you, each is dropped on the hook and hopefully if you have got it right are planted in the perfect line, fast, hard dirty work. Then strawing when growing and finally the picking for market and of course eating.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this very much @Muddy Cyclist

A lot of waiting for paint drying! But worth it!
Thank you. I have now added a purple wash in bottom right hand corner so the closest roots take a backwards step into the shadow, worked well thank goodness, it would have been easy to have destroyed the whole painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.8

Temp 36.1

Thank goodness there was no lightning in the night.

It is and has been 24.9 C in my bungalow all night despite fans etc on. Outside temperature says 17.8C so I have windows and doors open trying to invite the colder air outside to indoors. But the cold air doesn't want to take up my invitation...

There is no wind. Everywhere is as still as the grave. Not a leaf moves, nor even a bird is flying...

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5,9 for me today.

We were meeting a friends this afternoon for coffee in their garden, weather is looking inclement so it's been postponed until September which seems ages away but isn't, time is racing away.

So day is mine, no family virtual meal as kids and grandchildren are off camping and Caravaning together, they wanted us to join them but we felt it was too soon and risky. I suspect we will get lots of video calls though.

Bike ride or not is now the question of my day.

Make the best of the ticking minutes that you can. keep safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit -

View attachment 43320
Delicious, pass the cream