What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know it's late in the day but my fbg was 4.2 prickometer reading yesterday I did not test a lot but was 3.7 fasting blood sugar then later 4.6, 7.2 ,4.0 then at bedtime 4.9 all prickometer readings and pretty much in line with the sort of readings I would gave obtained with the Libre sensor

Today started with the 4.2 then after breakfast remained at 4.2 then 5.7 after lunch and now 4.7 after dinner I don't see much difference between the Libre readings over the past few weeks and what I am now seeing with my meter.

Been unusually low reading in the later part of the afternoon though but then again it always varies day to day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I woke at 5 past midnight. Lay there awhile. Gave up and got iPad out. It is now 3:58 am.

Several versions of my muse later. Version one was having a bad redhead wig hair day.
Version 2 got too complicated with the sea bed and rest of the mermaid and her kingdom.....You have Version 8. I went back to simple and uncomplicated with no explanations in the painting. But I can see them all in my head. I know the story...

Now I am going to sleep...fbg well that doesn't really work, but it was 9.2 at 5 past midnight and is 8.1 now this minute...

Aargh, got to reduce the file...

68194DA1-BBC3-4661-AEE2-E93FF149CE63.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today.

Tesco shop in a moment. Daughters family around today for a meal hopefully in the garden but still very windy so not sure. Will all get more complicated and more risky after this week when all back at school.

Have an adventurous and marvellous day. Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
all prickometer readings and pretty much in line with the sort of readings I would gave obtained with the Libre sensor

I don't see much difference between the Libre readings over the past few weeks and what I am now seeing with my meter.

Very interesting thank you.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
No eating in the garden for us. It is still raining from yesterday and likely to stop soon, everywhere will have the Cumbrian drip and the fells will have numerous streams rushing noisily down hill.

But its good to be alive.
No one can grumble we dont have enough water storage to satisfy Manchester's thirst.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea. Newish Libre sensor reckons 3.6 and I can't be doing with stabbing today but it reckoned I was 2.3 last night. Good job I don't need to medicate but since my core diet and routines vary little unlikely to be outside my normal range, Blustery here yesterday and today but very little rain and 3 days grandchildren sharing upcoming. Jimmy Anderson and me have 600 test wickets between us as of yesterday. I'm a sharing kinda guy.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very wet episode of international bin day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of out to dinner with the eldest two grandchildren came in at 5.6 this am

@geefull - nice, delicate sketch - that darn masking fluid makes for a great painting, adding both texture and contrast.

@Muddy Cyclist - POW - Marvel does Greek theater - vivid colours, great story telling - nice one

@Alien Aspie - He Xiangu - excellent composition and symbolism, skillfull story telling. [edited because I can neither spell nor read].

@gennepher - such disdain for such a beauty - sorry that she kept you up half the night but it’s a good portrait.

I decided to keep mine simple - if only the doing was so. Teles - goddess of perfection. But we can never be so, and neither can she. As flawed as her intricate bowls proudly displayed. Wabi-Sabi is a world view centered on the idea of transience and imperfection. Kintsugi, embracing the flawed and the imperfect. Enso, the circle, is open, expressing imperfection. As Leonard Cohen said, “there is a crack in everything - that’s how the light gets in”.

Have the most wonderful day that you can - koffy time.
upload_2020-8-26_8-9-55.jpeg

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.55am FBG 5.4
Hard work yesterday having a good effect on BG.
Shoulders and elbows not so happy about it though and are protesting a little.
Going out yet again today. Seems there are far too many reasons to visit one town or another. Today I need/want to post a birthday card, to get airmail sticker have to go to the post office. It was closed yesterday when we went to builders merchants to get more plaster, on saturday did a big shop, intent on remaining at home for two weeks at least. Am not comfortable about having to go out so often, even though we are in a low risk area.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
National bin day today. Flags out and social distancing dancing round the August pole if you feel inclined, other slopes available.
A hmmmm 5.2 this morning much fiddling will now be required, such is life.

Interesting art work so far this morning.
Have a great day, remember if you woke up this morning it's a success. Now it's time for me and me's to start my day, but first koffy. Whoops Mrs J is moving around....

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wow that howling wind last night scary but got a brilliant sleep & had managed to get both the beasts in before we locked down for the night...lots to do today hoping I'll at least get a start on it...sunny at the moment lest hope it stays for a while...time to dash into action...woke to a 6.2...keep safe everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke at 5 past midnight. Lay there awhile. Gave up and got iPad out. It is now 3:58 am.

Several versions of my muse later. Version one was having a bad redhead wig hair day.
Version 2 got too complicated with the sea bed and rest of the mermaid and her kingdom.....You have Version 8. I went back to simple and uncomplicated with no explanations in the painting. But I can see them all in my head. I know the story...

Now I am going to sleep...fbg well that doesn't really work, but it was 9.2 at 5 past midnight and is 8.1 now this minute...

Aargh, got to reduce the file...

View attachment 43546
That's a wonderful muse you have there and brilliant use of the digital art app, i really like the colours good influence those Peacock feathers.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
POW - Marvel does Greek theater
Thank you, it's obvious I read far to many Superman, Greenlantern and Flash comics as a teenager. :joyful:

Your goddess is a very interesting deity, I must do some research, you say it's simple but message comes across and I'm not sure any imaginative art can ever be considered simple, there is always thought and process.

I hope your bins are well and truly anchored down or they may be joining National bin day here Thursday.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
very windy yesterday, and the rain.:woot:

but today is better, it seems.

madam plans to take scrappy doo, a friend's puppy for a walk, and needs a driver to get them to the park,
so that's my afternoon sorted.

IMG_20200825_173942~01.jpg

Been absent of late, just haven't had my heart in a lot of things lately.

given myself a good talking to, and starting today taking fbg in morning once more.

So fbg 6.5...better then expected, considering.
temp 36.1

loving the art works, btw..:D

and good to see everyone doing well.

enjoy the day, all.:)

Reactions: mojo37

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
National bin day today. Flags out and social distancing dancing round the August pole if you feel inclined, other slopes available.
A hmmmm 5.2 this morning much fiddling will now be required, such is life.

Interesting art work so far this morning.
Have a great day, remember if you woke up this morning it's a success. Now it's time for me and me's to start my day, but first koffy. Whoops Mrs J is moving around....
take care alf x

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
very windy yesterday, and the rain.:woot:

but today is better, it seems.

madam plans to take scrappy doo, a friend's puppy for a walk, and needs a driver to get them to the park,
so that's my afternoon sorted.

View attachment 43550

Been absent of late, just haven't had my heart in a lot of things lately.

given myself a good talking to, and starting today taking fbg in morning once more.

So fbg 6.5...better then expected, considering.
temp 36.1

loving the art works, btw..:D

and good to see everyone doing well.

enjoy the day, all.:)
FB_IMG_1591945136675.jpg