LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Why would refusing make you a schmuck?
Just means you are likely better informed than the person trying to prescribe them.
Also with a total that low and a good Trig/HDL ratio you have little to worry about.
Numbers came back almost identical at 4.1 overall, hdl 1.0, ldl 2.8, trigs 0.7 . Steak, eggs, coconut oil, full cream changed nothing. Doc said he’ll only recommend I get a lipid panel once a year.

Reactions: Stephanie 1233

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
This report is over 5 years old. Any more news or results since?
I cannot find any more reports that are more up to date so I can only presume things remain the same or worse or the big med people would surely be trumpeting otherwise but I'm guessing they're playing safe by hoping the silence will mean everyone forgets.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Numbers came back almost identical at 4.1 overall, hdl 1.0, ldl 2.8, trigs 0.7 . Steak, eggs, coconut oil, full cream changed nothing. Doc said he’ll only recommend I get a lipid panel once a year.
Great Trig/HDL ratio nothing to worry about there.
No point in measuring too often anyway.

aard

Found out my cholesterol results yesterday are very good drs happy I am happy.

mmm, everybody on this site seems to get regular tests their doctors, I have high blood pressure(medicated), diabetes and bad cholestral ( bad ratios, trigs) yet my surgery dont monitor them at all, not even ince a year!!!

And it not a question of transferring surgeries as othed surgeeies are worse or wont take on patients if they live in wrong area.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my annual check with practice nurse yesterday. Hba1c 33 lowest of t in 12 years of diabetes 96 on diagnosis (2 years lc 52 to 33)
All other results OK.
I was braced for a "chat" about stations as my total cholesterol is 7.6, HDL 2.17, Triglycerides 0.8, Non hdl 5.4. I was amazed that the conversation never happened. My file is marked with refused statin therepy but that has not stopped the conversation every other year.
I am very happy with the results of low carb eating.
My diabetes is now noted as in remission but I will continue to get my annual checks.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Had my annual check with practice nurse yesterday. Hba1c 33 lowest of t in 12 years of diabetes 96 on diagnosis (2 years lc 52 to 33)
All other results OK.
I was braced for a "chat" about stations as my total cholesterol is 7.6, HDL 2.17, Triglycerides 0.8, Non hdl 5.4. I was amazed that the conversation never happened. My file is marked with refused statin therepy but that has not stopped the conversation every other year.
I am very happy with the results of low carb eating.
My diabetes is now noted as in remission but I will continue to get my annual checks.

There is no valid reason why your GP would want to talks to you about statins. That Triglycerides divided by HDL ratio is fantastic !

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello I have just watched the vidio
Docter put me on Satins a week ago 20 mg at night i just feel awfful
Im 79
Seram cholesterol 5.3