What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

4.6 today

a mixed day for weather, sunny but with banks of chilly mist rolling about the countryside :)

we went over to Dornoch in the afternoon, first time we've been there in ages, just for a walk around the village, down to the beach and back across the golf course, some of the golfers looked a bit bemused, weird conditions where you could see the flags one minute then they would disappear into the mist :sorry:

We had a coffee in a socially distanced cafe before coming home just to round out the trip :)

Lots of visitors about but mostly being very good about leaving plenty of room to pass on the pavements etc. :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@HarryBeau - poor Charlie, hope things go well.

@SlimLizzy - how are your cat healing endeavours going? sounds like a bit of a wrestling match :sorry:

@ianpspurs - new car :joyful:

@lindisfel - nice shot of the robin :)

@gennepher - I'm taken with your squirrel, he looks so lively and inquisitive :)

@dunelm - glad your task went well and I like your conifer trees and the nice sense of distance you've created :)

@Alien Aspie - an interesting and expressive piece on RBG you've created, she's a real loss to Justice in America.

@Muddy Cyclist - I like your sunset very much, such a lovely misty glow you've created. It amazes me how much you can create with such a little time :)

Art bit -
we have one of those rose bushes that produces big ornamental hips just by the fence, it's a bit invasive but so colourful this time of year :)
View attachment 44119
Like your natural style when ding plant art, this is very good.

Thanks for you comment re sunset and speed, I rend to be fast with Plein Air, splash on the paint and let it run, merge and spread, dab some off, put some back, always fun a freedom I can't find in myself or let loose with what I call my real painting.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A grand ay I have had with youngest grandaughter and her mom and dad. Went a walk, picked conquers and showed her how to play along with rules, hints and all the right phrases, have to pass these old traditions on, mind you she was not that happy with me bashing her treasured shiny find. Her dad and I had a good conquer match though.

Went for walk by lake, it was chaos with Canada Geese, fighting, flying, landing and the noise, bedlam! As usual I had my watercolours and sketch pad so tried to create the scene which seemed an ever moving blurr, A4 watercolour sketch about 10 mins, a bit of a mess really but here it is Canada Geese Squabbling in the Reeds...all I had time for today.

IMG_3818.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A grand ay I have had with youngest grandaughter and her mom and dad. Went a walk, picked conquers and showed her how to play along with rules, hints and all the right phrases, have to pass these old traditions on, mind you she was not that happy with me bashing her treasured shiny find. Her dad and I had a good conquer match though.

Went for walk by lake, it was chaos with Canada Geese, fighting, flying, landing and the noise, bedlam! As usual I had my watercolours and sketch pad so tried to create the scene which seemed an ever moving blurr, A4 watercolour sketch about 10 mins, a bit of a mess really but here it is Canada Geese Squabbling in the Reeds...all I had time for today.

View attachment 44121

Sounds as thought the conversation fights were good @Muddy Cyclist
Poor little mite, you bashing her treasured conker :)

I love your quick sketches, I always do.
:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunset was looking promising tonight so shot out to capture it in a Plein Air sketch. Had about 15 minutes to get it on paper, A4 watercolour.will probably do a proper painting once I get the decorating finished.
View attachment 44096
Great sketch - looking forward to the finished article although again, truly good as it is. Good luck with the decorating. When Mrs Miggins get’s going with that, it’s like a week on the Forth Bride.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have art to post, but I will leave it as a thumbnail and you can choose to view it.

My painting today reflects events. Everything on the canvas apart from the photo of RBG is by me. I couldn't do her justice, hence the photo.

View attachment 44117
Well as a political statement, that super bit of art says it all. Fabulous and straight to the point.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

4.6 today

a mixed day for weather, sunny but with banks of chilly mist rolling about the countryside :)

we went over to Dornoch in the afternoon, first time we've been there in ages, just for a walk around the village, down to the beach and back across the golf course, some of the golfers looked a bit bemused, weird conditions where you could see the flags one minute then they would disappear into the mist :sorry:

We had a coffee in a socially distanced cafe before coming home just to round out the trip :)

Lots of visitors about but mostly being very good about leaving plenty of room to pass on the pavements etc. :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@HarryBeau - poor Charlie, hope things go well.

@SlimLizzy - how are your cat healing endeavours going? sounds like a bit of a wrestling match :sorry:

@ianpspurs - new car :joyful:

@lindisfel - nice shot of the robin :)

@gennepher - I'm taken with your squirrel, he looks so lively and inquisitive :)

@dunelm - glad your task went well and I like your conifer trees and the nice sense of distance you've created :)

@Alien Aspie - an interesting and expressive piece on RBG you've created, she's a real loss to Justice in America.

@Muddy Cyclist - I like your sunset very much, such a lovely misty glow you've created. It amazes me how much you can create with such a little time :)

Art bit -
we have one of those rose bushes that produces big ornamental hips just by the fence, it's a bit invasive but so colourful this time of year :)
View attachment 44119
Thank you @geefull - I do like trees.
A fine example of a rose hip.
I do appreciate cafes that socially distance themselves :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 44121
Horse Chestnut leaves crackling into brown
Children scrabbling for conkers
Helicopters spinning from the Sycamore

Like the quick sketch - it captures the noise and the chaos of the geese

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a drizzling start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of home made bagels stuffed with bacon and eggs came in at 5.0 this am.

We are going over to our little house on the prairie today - so a ride across the moors, just for a change. Garden centres have been mentioned - roses and shrubs entering into the lexicon. Best take my waterproof coat and a brolly (or brelly as one of our grandchildren say).

Feeling lazy today so just a quick sketch. Hope everyone has a good day, Koffy time.
upload_2020-9-20_8-10-50.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Horse Chestnut leaves crackling into brown
Children scrabbling for conkers
Helicopters spinning from the Sycamore

Like the quick sketch - it captures the noise and the chaos of the geese
Thank you. Sure is a great season we are entering, just a shame that winter and its long dark nights follows.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope blood sugars settle once you get rid of the cold and that you don't feel too 'under the weather'.

Sounds like yesterday was a good day. Hope you are enjoying driving the new car.
Thank you. The car - Kia Sportage GT-Line CDI- is being "treated" with goodness knows what to protect paintwork and leather seats from birds and grandchildren respectively so we'll pick it up next Friday. Julie did all the test driving as she finds some cars difficult for her back and we were scrapping her car. I am hoping to throw some money at the 04 Range Rover which I so love driving. No dogs in the new car so the RR is ideal. Enjoy Sheringham Park but don't try to walk too far on those 14 calories.:angelic:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The wonder wheel of home made bagels stuffed with bacon and eggs came in at 5.0 this am.

We are going over to our little house on the prairie today - so a ride across the moors, just for a change. Garden centres have been mentioned - roses and shrubs entering into the lexicon. Best take my waterproof coat and a brolly (or brelly as one of our grandchildren say).

Feeling lazy today so just a quick sketch. Hope everyone has a good day, Koffy time.
View attachment 44125
Quick maybe but very well drawn, you certainly have mastered Bamboo. Take care travelling.

PS my conquer is a one'er I beat SIL.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick maybe but very well drawn, you certainly have mastered Bamboo. Take care travelling.

PS my conquer is a one'er I beat SIL.
Thank you kind sir - I hope that you are wearing gloves and goggles when playing these dangerous sports

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today. So that thin slice of Grandaughter's Chocolate Birthday cake (plus sneaked little piece Mrs MC didn't know I nicked) didn't result in terrible BG result. :)

Meeting a couple today for Recorder Quartet Rehearsal this afternoon, well more about keeping our hand in I suppose as no gigs. Playing outside, pleanty of room and looking at Covid figures it will be the last time for quite some time:(.

Do the best you can to harness time but mostly be content to follow the paths that it is going. Keep Safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44125
Your bamboo is brilliant @dunelm
Enjoy your trip...