What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
good afternoon all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.5 today

volunteering for a couple of hours yesterday then spent the evening cooking the multiple packs of minced steak we bought on Wednesday ready for the freezer :) Been out in the garden with the weedkiller this afternoon whilst it's warm and dry ;)

I thought it was a bit of a job getting a dog to take tablets, I now see that a cat wins hands down :hilarious:

@lindisfel - internet hugs of support to you and to mrs L, hope the medics can move forward for you.

@gennepher - I love the dock/river plein air, those pylons make a pleasing visual pattern, the suspension bridge is a very strong graphic image and your swan has a haughty air, quite cross and regal :D

@JohnEGreen - I find your abstract pic pleasing, very good first go :)

@dunelm - I like your lilypad and frog, very fluid technique :) and I'm amazed by the foliage rendition on the branch and, once again, you have produced a strong and pleasing composition.
Interesting idea, cutting down a brush, and your 'live' picture shows your strong stroke work well :joyful:

@Alien Aspie - great rendition of Jodrell Bank, particularly the dishes which are very well placed and solid in their landscape, I've only ever seen it from a distance and always wanted to go visit there :)
That's a fun pic today and a nice tribute to A(u)nts :)

@Muddy Cyclist - kudos for branching out into other media, both wax sketches are interesting but I especially like the landscape. I used to have a brass rubbing of a knight I did when I was a student but that's the nearest I've got to using wax, although a neighbours' daughter makes encaustic 'paintings' using wax and an iron.

Art bits -
art working not back to daily level but I'm trying to do some regularly.

two days worth coming up :)
no 1 - another shot at a 'zen' painting, trying out strokes with one of my new brushes,
View attachment 44094

no 2 - as I promised (or threatened :hilarious:), more waves ;)
as far as I remember this was based on a photo seen online.
View attachment 44095
Thank you Geeful for your encouragement and very tranquil and restful art you practice.
Atb
Derek

lindisfel

Expert
Hi.
Fasting blood glucose 5.6 at 7am today.

I had a better night than I have had for some time but I tripled my intake of Eplerenone yesterday, which blocked more aldosterone receptors and cut the alkalosis.
I also feel less tired and exhausted, the last year or two has been a struggle.
(At c.£80 for a tab of 28 tablets three lots are quite expensive, but the NHS will pay, I worked for 44 years, so I deserve it! :) )

Will be getting on to my Endo next week.
and run it past my eldest later today, when we zoom.
regards
Derek
Ps. I hope I have not missed out anyone who wished me well. Atb to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning, but it is insignificant following the news of the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The idiocracy that is the US govt can move forward unchecked. Whilst US planes play 'chicken' on the borders of China the idiot in charge has said he will ban Tik Tok and We Chat on Sunday. We may think that this move is not a big deal, it's only social media, but not only will it cause China to respond it is also a move we'd expect from dictatorships seeking to close down free speech.

My family and friends out there need to get out before they can't. Really bad day :(
A bad day at big rock - the loony could now Nominate and get through a conservative supreme court judge for life - not a good day for those living under his dictatorship.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How to deal with all the above? Hug for @Alien Aspie and, yes, things look bad so we can only hope the US electorate make a wise choice. @dunelm great community service and shining example. @jjraak good spot and share. The art express sure does speed along @Muddy Cyclist. A ghastly 6.1 from Stabbo after a Super Salmon (with crispy skin) OMAD. Can't disguise the fact LC doesn't deal with any minor ailments well and is devoid of comfort food. I do weigh 73 kgs and bought a new car yesterday, SPo2 at 98%, resting pulse 60 and temp 35.8 so seasonal cold methinks. I did check availability of tests but Mogadishu seems more than 6 miles away. Big day here yesterday, all the littlies at preschool out in the garden and chatting at pickup about red planes and pointing upwards

Come what, come may, time and the hour run through the roughest day eh, Big Mac.
Just got back - it went swimmingly well. No wait longer than 3 minutes and most of the heard were compliant to simple instructions. Far easier than trying to shove a pill down the throat of a cat or clip it’s nails from all acounts.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi A.A.
You mentioned Robins the other day.
I took this one the other day through the patio door window after cutting a hedge.
DSCN3430_crop_36.JPG

Reactions: mojo37

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all :)

4.6 today

a mixed day for weather, sunny but with banks of chilly mist rolling about the countryside :)

we went over to Dornoch in the afternoon, first time we've been there in ages, just for a walk around the village, down to the beach and back across the golf course, some of the golfers looked a bit bemused, weird conditions where you could see the flags one minute then they would disappear into the mist :sorry:

We had a coffee in a socially distanced cafe before coming home just to round out the trip :)

Lots of visitors about but mostly being very good about leaving plenty of room to pass on the pavements etc. :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@HarryBeau - poor Charlie, hope things go well.

@SlimLizzy - how are your cat healing endeavours going? sounds like a bit of a wrestling match :sorry:

@ianpspurs - new car :joyful:

@lindisfel - nice shot of the robin :)

@gennepher - I'm taken with your squirrel, he looks so lively and inquisitive :)

@dunelm - glad your task went well and I like your conifer trees and the nice sense of distance you've created :)

@Alien Aspie - an interesting and expressive piece on RBG you've created, she's a real loss to Justice in America.

@Muddy Cyclist - I like your sunset very much, such a lovely misty glow you've created. It amazes me how much you can create with such a little time :)

Art bit -
we have one of those rose bushes that produces big ornamental hips just by the fence, it's a bit invasive but so colourful this time of year :)
upload_2020-9-19_20-22-37.jpeg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I needed some support yesterday
Hi.
Fasting blood glucose 5.6 at 7am today.

I had a better night than I have had for some time but I tripled my intake of Eplerenone yesterday, which blocked more aldosterone receptors and cut the alkalosis.
I also feel less tired and exhausted, the last year or two has been a struggle.
(At c.£80 for a tab of 28 tablets three lots are quite expensive, but the NHS will pay, I worked for 44 years, so I deserve it! :) )

Will be getting on to my Endo next week.
and run it past my eldest later today, when we zoom.
regards
Derek
Ps. I hope I have not missed out anyone who wished me well. Atb to all.

I am mortified was not about much yesterday and did not see your post so did not contribute to the support you were in much need of I am glad that you are feeling much better now.

My fbg yesterday was 5.3 today 4.9.

My daughter's consultant has started her on prednisolone at 30 mg per day and thinks it is going to be long term I dread what it's going to do to her blood sugars.

Spent most of yesterday sorting the back yard out no longer looks quite so much of a tip.

@lindisfel my daughter is going to be so jealous of that fantastic photo as for days now she has been bemoaning the fact that there have been no robins around here to photograph.

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you, John, please don't be mortified, friends make allowances for each other and I already know what kind of guy you are.

I am sorry to hear your daughter has a long term health issue, hopefully they will find better treatments in time.
Best wishes
Derek

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Art bit -
we have one of those rose bushes that produces big ornamental hips just by the fence, it's a bit invasive but so colourful this time of year :)
upload_2020-9-19_20-22-37-jpeg.44119
Thank you for your compliment on my squirrel @geefull
Brilliant rosehip painting, I have some of these.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I posted this morning I said that I ate 14K calories a day.
Not sure how 1400 calories a day became 14K - obviously a senior moment.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have art to post, but I will leave it as a thumbnail and you can choose to view it.

My painting today reflects events. Everything on the canvas apart from the photo of RBG is by me. I couldn't do her justice, hence the photo.

View attachment 44117
Very emotional and apt art. Well done, the world needs messages to be heard and art is great way to do it.