What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
am FBG
Cat is decidedly not happy with ear drops and antibiotics. But so far ( three days in to six day course) no injuries to humans and Cat is still forgiving us. This is not to say he doesn't resist taking medicaion. But he does not hold our endeavours against us. Too many negatives will anyone understand me?

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. He is improving. Mr K carried him into the house and he just laid down in the hall. I gave him some Manuka honey. He felt so poorly I had to feed it to him.

Since then he is definitely feeling a bit better as he is now drinking water and moving around the downstairs.

I was talking to the Ranger while he drove us back to our car. He said the other Rangers were furloughed. So Archie was actually rescued by the Lone Ranger.

Aw, poor fella.

Good to hear some recovery going on.

And lone ranger..;)

lindisfel

Expert
When I posted this morning I said that I ate 14K calories a day.
Not sure how 1400 calories a day became 14K - obviously a senior moment.

Krystyna, It is about twice what you would need to man handle a sledge across Antarctica!
I am not suggesting it would be the kind of project a young lady should undertake and certainly not an old man.:)
D.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early bird score is 6.2, maybe I need a fast day or two to shock this number down.

Driving Miss Daisy today who, apparently, has a bad cough following her social activities. I shall place a chain of garlic around my neck and wield the stake of 'appropriate doom' in her direction ;)

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early bird score is 6.2, maybe I need a fast day or two to shock this number down.

Driving Miss Daisy today who, apparently, has a bad cough following her social activities. I shall place a chain of garlic around my neck and wield the stake of 'appropriate doom' in her direction ;)

Oh boy...

I would be using my thieves oil liberally @Alien Aspie

Take care...don't breathe...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

An early painting today in ZenBrush2 'cos I am going down to the docks to watch the sunrise up the river...towards the East...
A teasel from my garden...

9708C590-EA5A-4C31-90C7-71FF89ED1855.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of an anitipasti platter of tasty tit bits came in at 5.2 this am
@gennepher - great fun finger painting of a feather falls, so vibrant and love your teasle.
@jjraak - fabulous capture in Richmond Park - sounds like a great day.
@lindisfel - grey plover - excellent
@alf_Josiah - enjoy your break.

Not sure about today. My dad is in ICU in France - not Covid related.
Koffy on the go, hope everyone has a good day.
upload_2020-9-21_6-31-31.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
5.8 this cold morning with expected blue skies for one last day.

We were still sitting in the garden yesterday pm, which was great for the second half of September, but there was a chill by 1600.
The main object of interest were a good number of Speckled Wood butterfles flying around our probably too large beech tree and overgrown snowberry bush.

Here's hoping we all stay safe today and you have some good news from France on your Dad, Dunelm.
D.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone from our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of an anitipasti platter of tasty tit bits came in at 5.2 this am
@gennepher - great fun finger painting of a feather falls, so vibrant and love your teasle.
@jjraak - fabulous capture in Richmond Park - sounds like a great day.
@lindisfel - grey plover - excellent
@alf_Josiah - enjoy your break.

Not sure about today. My dad is in ICU in France - not Covid related.
Koffy on the go, hope everyone has a good day.
View attachment 44157
Hope your dad is home soon dunelm x

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
This could well my last post for a time, phew that's a blessing a few will say. Me and me's will be wandering off into the Internetty unknown for a time. Just not sure about access at the moment. If me and me's can login we will.

Well after an interesting night yesterday an 8.8 this morning, sympathy definitely not required, according to my diabetic consultant anything below a 10 for me is a good score.

Well have a good afternoon and remember to order your sprouts ready for 1st December.
Take care, hope all is well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The car sounds really good.
Sheringham Park didn't go as planned. After an hour's walking Archie the older Labrador suddenly had a runny tummy and looked quite ill. He couldn't walk.back and laid down on the path. Mr K went for help and a Ranger came to pick us up and drive us back to our car.

Our vet says to starve him and let him rest but if he takes a turn for the worse to bring him straight in. He is sleeping peacefully now so hopefully he will feel better later.
We always starve our Labrador Moet when this happens, works well although seems cruel. I hope it all goes well for Archie.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh boy...

I would be using my thieves oil liberally @Alien Aspie

Take care...don't breathe...

Thieves oil???
How is this remedy obtained?
If answer is gruesome don't want to know.
Both myself and Cat are still recovering from this morning's bout of cat wrestling.

Reactions: geefull

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We always starve our Labrador Moet when this happens, works well although seems cruel. I hope it all goes well for Archie.
He is much better this morning - starving him for 24 hours really did work. We are letting him rest so no walks today - which he seems really happy with. Not so happy with the no food rule.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And then there were these.

what is this.jpg

Not sure what that was.

Ufo2.jpg

And that's no clearer.

But this bird was hovering over head

strange bird.jpg

Followed by it's little mate,

Little strange bird.jpg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Krystyna, It is about twice what you would need to man handle a sledge across Antarctica!
I am not suggesting it would be the kind of project a young lady should undertake and certainly not an old man.:)
D.
And certainly not an old lady - which I definitely am.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
am FBG
Cat is decidedly not happy with ear drops and antibiotics. But so far ( three days in to six day course) no injuries to humans and Cat is still forgiving us. This is not to say he doesn't resist taking medicaion. But he does not hold our endeavours against us. Too many negatives will anyone understand me?
Understood and good news.