What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

Been tidying in the garage since dawn...

Found some paintings I am going to throw away. I made them last year, I think, from Autumn leaves in the garden.
I always intended doing a 'real' painting from them, so I have now in Procreate. I had fun doing this in Procreate, like a finger painting. Nothing serious, just messing and playing.

'A Feather Falls'

CCC227FA-3F29-4D25-BCA2-140FD3ABE535.jpeg

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning, didn't realise it was Sunday ;)

A straight 6.0 today which is fine for me.

I have decided to upload my art to Instagram so if you have IG and wish to join me you can find me at Alien_Aspie_Art :) There is a massive digital art community on there (just #digitalart and find millions) so I am jumping in the water with that lot. My Ruth Bader Ginsburg painting received a like within a minute so it might be worth trying if you want to share your work farther afield. I'm happy to link to any of you (ain't fussy me :))

Enjoy the day

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have decided to upload my art to Instagram so if you have IG and wish to join me you can find me at Alien_Aspie_Art :) There is a massive digital art community on there (just #digitalart and find millions) so I am jumping in the water with that lot. My Ruth Bader Ginsburg painting received a like within a minute so it might be worth trying if you want to share your work farther afield. I'm happy to link to any of you (ain't fussy me :))

Enjoy the day
I could be way off but you sound more positive today. Seems to me you being a sharing kinda guy that artwork outlet is as good.if not better, for you than LC. Thems my onions anyhow.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could be way off but you sound more positive today. Seems to me you being a sharing kinda guy that artwork outlet is as good.if not better, for you than LC. Thems my onions anyhow.

Thanks Ian, yep I'm in a good space today. I enjoy new ventures and seeing fast results. Because my social life is entirely online I get excited when I find a new community, and finding 21 million amateur artists in one place brought a smile to the ol' fizzog :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
This could well my last post for a time, phew that's a blessing a few will say. Me and me's will be wandering off into the Internetty unknown for a time. Just not sure about access at the moment. If me and me's can login we will.

Well after an interesting night yesterday an 8.8 this morning, sympathy definitely not required, according to my diabetic consultant anything below a 10 for me is a good score.

Well have a good afternoon and remember to order your sprouts ready for 1st December.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. The car - Kia Sportage GT-Line CDI- is being "treated" with goodness knows what to protect paintwork and leather seats from birds and grandchildren respectively so we'll pick it up next Friday. Julie did all the test driving as she finds some cars difficult for her back and we were scrapping her car. I am hoping to throw some money at the 04 Range Rover which I so love driving. No dogs in the new car so the RR is ideal. Enjoy Sheringham Park but don't try to walk too far on those 14 calories.:angelic:
The car sounds really good.
Sheringham Park didn't go as planned. After an hour's walking Archie the older Labrador suddenly had a runny tummy and looked quite ill. He couldn't walk.back and laid down on the path. Mr K went for help and a Ranger came to pick us up and drive us back to our car.

Our vet says to starve him and let him rest but if he takes a turn for the worse to bring him straight in. He is sleeping peacefully now so hopefully he will feel better later.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Enjoy the day

Following you now on Instagram, I have an account there. Not used it very much recently.
Been thinking awhile about posting these pics here on that @Alien Aspie

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi A.A.
You mentioned Robins the other day.
I took this one the other day through the patio door window after cutting a hedge.
View attachment 44112

Wonderful picture.

Thought I'd share mine.

Took friends puppy for walk. Lucky enough to live a driveable distance from Richmond park.

In 10 days away the little fella has slimmed and elongated a little.

He's also got more confident.
Yesterday's highlights had him.

* Off lead, running around in circles like a loon
* Coming to heel
* Climbing up and down the banks of a river with genuine delight at his bravery
* Watching a troop of horse riders go by, unsure to chase or runaway..so chose to st down & watch

And on a day blessed by some great pics and videos...this happened.

IMG_20200919_143347~01.jpg

Normally we'd be too far away to see this properly, but they kind of crept up on us, so we sat quietly just admiring the beauty of the moment...glorious day

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This could well my last post for a time, phew that's a blessing a few will say. Me and me's will be wandering off into the Internetty unknown for a time. Just not sure about access at the moment. If me and me's can login we will.

Well after an interesting night yesterday an 8.8 this morning, sympathy definitely not required, according to my diabetic consultant anything below a 10 for me is a good score.

Well have a good afternoon and remember to order your sprouts ready for 1st December.

Hope it's just a social sabbatical and all is well @alf_Josiah

Enjoy the peace & quiet.
So you back here soon :)

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The car sounds really good.
Sheringham Park didn't go as planned. After an hour's walking Archie the older Labrador suddenly had a runny tummy and looked quite ill. He couldn't walk.back and laid down on the path. Mr K went for help and a Ranger came to pick us up and drive us back to our car.

Our vet says to starve him and let him rest but if he takes a turn for the worse to bring him straight in. He is sleeping peacefully now so hopefully he will feel better later.

Oh dear, hope it's just a short lived thing.
Distressing when pets get ill like that

Hope he's improving.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful picture.

Thought I'd share mine.

Took friends puppy for walk. Lucky enough to live a driveable distance from Richmond park.

* Coming to heel
* Watching a troop of horse riders go by, unsure to chase or runaway..so chose to st down & watch

View attachment 44136

Normally we'd be too far away to see this properly, but they kind of crept up on us, so we sat quietly just admiring the beauty of the moment...glorious day
Fantastic photography and sounds like a good day for you and the dog. All excellent.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, hope it's just a short lived thing.
Distressing when pets get I'll like that

Hope he's improving.
Thank you. He is improving. Mr K carried him into the house and he just laid down in the hall. I gave him some Manuka honey. He felt so poorly I had to feed it to him.

Since then he is definitely feeling a bit better as he is now drinking water and moving around the downstairs.

I was talking to the Ranger while he drove us back to our car. He said the other Rangers were furloughed. So Archie was actually rescued by the Lone Ranger.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. He is improving. Mr K carried him into the house and he just laid down in the hall. I gave him some Manuka honey. He felt so poorly I had to feed it to him.

Since then he is definitely feeling a bit better as he is now drinking water and moving around the downstairs.

I was talking to the Ranger while he drove us back to our car. He said the other Rangers were furloughed. So Archie was actually rescued by the Lone Ranger.
Glad it ended up okay @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Take care @alf_Josiah

Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
Wonderful picture.

Thought I'd share mine.

* Coming to heel

View attachment 44136

As pants the hart for cooling streams!

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
1600583872741.jpg

The Grey Plover is one of the tundra plovers and breeds in the high Arctic.
They spend time on our estuaries on migration, sadly there are not as many now as 30+ years ago.
They were a common bird in the Wash when I was young and we did the 100 mile return journey on our push bikes to the Welland and Witham (Lindis) mouths.
This one was on the Solway the other day.
D..

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully Archie is on the mend. He looks more alert and has watched a bit of One Man and his dog.

He also asked for his dinner, but didn't persist. He has now gone back to sleep.