What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi JJ
Vitamin B12 deficiency can be an auto immune condition.

No, vitamin b12 deficiency is not to be neglected, but they know what they are doing medically in 2020.
D.

Mmhhh

The same guys that tell me to eat more carbs
& Forget to mention they'll make me sicker.

Not to mention the B12, no doctor mentioned it.
I had to find out for myself, as so many seem to.
Then find it's at the lower end...not sure that would be picked up so easily if expected and hidden by the neuropathy of diabetes, if I'm honest.

Read more then a few posts while investigating that, where people had been left until it was too late, to simply recover via diets/foods or supplement's

Not saying medical science doesn't have a great deal of knowledge
And i'd like think that statement you made WAS universal,
but from my experience so far..not everyone is on the same page.

We owe it to ourselves not to always take what we are told at face value " just because .."
I was very guilty of that from docs

But it has been my take from my experiences so far,
And I think I'll be keeping it that way.

Sorry to hear story about your dad
Easy to see the sense of pride at how he grappled to be there as long as possible for you.

Sadly too young an age, for both of you

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - you've painted a strong but still fun observation of the visiting birds :), I hope your holiday from drama is going well.

art bit -

well at least it looks like something :D, it's actually supposed to be of some rock pools left when the tide goes out, the rock strata are worn quite smooth by the action of the waves, mr gee says from a distance it looks like a bunch of soggy bananas :hilarious:
upload_2020-10-1_19-40-3-jpeg.44392

Thank you @geefull
The holiday from drama continues...
Thank you for the painting compliment...

You should not have mentioned soggy bananas because all I can see now are....

It is a lovely painting.

Reactions: UserABC2021

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.50am weight 49.7kg
Cat had not come in, he is supposed to start new course of antibiotics the morning, confusing instructions on the bottle. In French ofc Mixed it anyway. Cat in pink towel again. This time he obviously knows what is coming and is not compliant, but it's easier to administer half the quantity. Breakfast for Cat. Oh, MrSlim is up. Made tea for him, coffee for me and nut granola, second coffee, cat on lap. Too late for FBG this morning.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

My digital painting for today is in Procreate and Sketchclub

"Peace and Love"

A friend took a photo of two white swans almost in the heart shape, but then they twined their necks. So I have done this for her and I know she will love it. Thought I would share it with you :)

Now I need a nap. I have been awake since 3am, but I did fall asleep at 6 pm last night, on the cat's orders who wanted me to come to bed so he could sit on my chest!

31CF9C2D-A52C-4EFF-9260-243F7C657395.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 @ 0650 this am.

Why am I not surprised, Trump and his wife have Covid 19.
I hope they recover well, but their experience is his Road to Damascus.
D.
Really?
I don't watch news any more.
Sorry if I sound cynical but I don't believe it...it's just news for the sympathy vote...
I seriously do not believe anything on the news any more. I question everything I see. I take nothing on face value.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really?
I don't watch news any more.
Sorry if I sound cynical but I don't believe it...it's just news for the sympathy vote...
I seriously do not believe anything on the news any more. I question everything I see. I take nothing on face value.

This is so he can avoid the other two debates after he performed so badly.

Good morning, a 6.0 from me as I go a wait for my shopping, enjoy the day ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my frustrations also stems from my lack of Knowledge about Type 2 which is the reason i signed up here and have been reading alot of the info. i'm trying to reduce the amount of sugar and carbs i eat but not really sure how many carbs per day i should be aiming for. i'm using myfitnesspal to try and track what i am consuming but i have no idea what is a good number of carbs. i dread to think how many carbs i was having before i started trying to eat better, but now i am typicaly having 45g-55g everyday. sorry about the long winded message :)
Welcome to the thread. When I was first diagnosed I did three things immediately:
Stopped eating anything white - potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, stuff with flour in - that sort of thing
Nothing that said “light” or “low fat” or “Fat free” - usually packed with sugar
Became an avid reader of food labels
Some great ideas on this platform but essentially, keep a food log - carbs hide in dark corners of food and drink and gang up on you if you don’t watch out.
Your are in a good place on this website and will feel yourself around. Good luck

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

out to volunteer today, probably the last time for a while as cases are going up here too :(

Mum decided not to go out today because it was p**ing down :D

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Brokenbill - welcome :)

@lindisfel - sheep afterbirth ... ok, where is the 'yuck' emoji :wideyed:

@Muddy Cyclist - loving both of these pictures, the trees are grand and I particularly like the deft way you handled the foreground in the 'dusk' picture and the minimalistic feel of the 'first light' with the foreground grasses, lovely :joyful:

@dunelm - I'm enjoying the stroke variation you achieve in these sketches :)

@gennepher - you've painted a strong but still fun observation of the visiting birds :), I hope your holiday from drama is going well.

art bit -

well at least it looks like something :D, it's actually supposed to be of some rock pools left when the tide goes out, the rock strata are worn quite smooth by the action of the waves, mr gee says from a distance it looks like a bunch of soggy bananas :hilarious:
View attachment 44392
Thanks @geefull - bananas, bananas, bananas is all that I now see :):hungry::wacky::woot:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

"Peace and Love"

A friend took a photo of two white swans almost in the heart shape, but then they twined their necks. So I have done this for her and I know she will love it. Thought I would share it with you :)

Now I need a nap. I have been awake since 3am, but I did fall asleep at 6 pm last night, on the cat's orders who wanted me to come to bed so he could sit on my chest!

View attachment 44402
Lovely swans - great background

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - loving both of these pictures, the trees are grand and I particularly like the deft way you handled the foreground in the 'dusk' picture and the minimalistic feel of the 'first light' with the foreground grasses, lovely :joyful:
Thank you.

Your art bit. Soggy Bananas, I like the humour from your resident art critic :) and now you have implanted that image it's hard not to agree, sorry. However Rock Pools are very difficult, I have tried in watercolour without success and had better results with Acrylics put on with a knife/credit card. Well done for trying and as usual distant hills are excellent.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a mixed bag of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of bacon and eggs with home made fibreFlour beetroot bread came in at 5.2 this am

Not made beetroot bread before but it’s great. Downside is that Mrs Miggins also likes it even though it’s primarily “that fake flour stuff”. Oh well - secret squirrel bread making it is.

Youngest granddaughter today. We were meeting up with a couple of old friends today who are touring in their camper but they have decided not to travel any further north due to areas squeezing into lockdown. We are OK at present but Middlesbrough, just up the road is now surrounded by people in robes and bird shaped masks.

Have a wonderful Friday, hope that storm Alex does not interfere too much with your weekend.
Today, the last of the elderberries. Koffy

upload_2020-10-2_7-41-58.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

"Peace and Love"

View attachment 44402
Nice of you to use your talent to please your friend, nice swans and grand background.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a mixed bag of a start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of bacon and eggs with home made fibreFlour beetroot bread came in at 5.2 this am

Not made beetroot bread before but it’s great. Downside is that Mrs Miggins also likes it even though it’s primarily “that fake flour stuff”. Oh well - secret squirrel bread making it is.

Youngest granddaughter today. We were meeting up with a couple of old friends today who are touring in their camper but they have decided not to travel any further north due to areas squeezing into lockdown. We are OK at present but Middlesbrough, just up the road is now surrounded by people in robes and bird shaped masks.

Have a wonderful Friday, hope that storm Alex does not interfere too much with your weekend.
Today, the last of the elderberries. Koffy

View attachment 44403
And a very nicely captured last crop, enjoy the grandchild day.