What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a somewhat wet start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Cyrus Todiwala's Brussel Sprouts accompanied by Bacon-y Bok Choy came in at 5.1 this am.
We have been having a great time celebrating National Curry Week and will perhaps do something spicy on Saturday also but not for tonight - we are over at our little house on the prairie so something simple.
Back to mountains - weaning from trees, for a while, maybe - never quite sure about what takes my fancy. Have a great day if you can - koffy time.

View attachment 44507

Absolutely love this @dunelm

You are really making me want to go back to Chinese brush and ink...

I've only just ordered the Chinese rice paper, and I think it arrives next Wednesday...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.5 for me today. I'm proper fed up with these 6's in the morning. Still last of Antibiotics for tooth today so can stop the late night snack to take one before bed.

Nice golden light here today, Muddy Cycle Ride and Tesco forage as missed my usual Thursday retail therapy at the store.

Floor man still not been to give us the quote, should I be getting worried. :(

Time ticks on, be sure to use it well. Keep safe.

You have a great day @Muddy Cyclist

You'll get that floor quote one day...it arrives when it arrives...in the meantime many brilliant Muddy Cycle Rides, fantastic plein air sketching, and retail therapy at Tesco's (if you can call it that!).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, Ian it was the wording of my post this am that was at fault, my post to Dunelm last night was banter.
Derek W.
Sorted via PMs - there are a few internet warriors elsewhere on this forum but I never imagined for a femtosecond you were in that crowd. @Muddy Cyclist you may need a crystal ball to see when the floor man will arrive. If you get one be very careful how you sit down. It will be very difficult on that saddle :angelic:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Had intended going out early, to do a few things, and to fill car with petrol. Because on my way back from shops earlier this week I found the fuel station had closed for good, So I need to look for a new one in the opposite direction. It is right on the border between England and Wales, but fortunately it is located in Wales. Otherwise it would have been a 20 odd mile round trip further into Wales just to get fuel...

Weird times...

But the day was so yellow grey outside, what would have been called gas oven weather in my youth, that I had no desire to leave my bed. So coffees and teas (I like both), and just playing in iPastel app for my painting for today. I discovered new settings and new palettes in it. This is not a finished painting, but where I got to an hour later.

So now to make another cup of coffee and another cup of tea...yes, I am weird, I do drink both together, well sip one, and then sip the other...

View attachment 44508
Lovely soft pastels. Branches of trees tendriling out in a mirkwoodesque scene. Are you able to duplicate in iPastel and then compare stages?

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely love this @dunelm

You are really making me want to go back to Chinese brush and ink...

I've only just ordered the Chinese rice paper, and I think it arrives next Wednesday...
Thank you - yes, Chinese rice paper - and get the inkstone out - I am far too lazy and use bottled ink.

upload_2020-10-9_8-24-14.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a somewhat wet start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Cyrus Todiwala's Brussel Sprouts accompanied by Bacon-y Bok Choy came in at 5.1 this am.
We have been having a great time celebrating National Curry Week and will perhaps do something spicy on Saturday also but not for tonight - we are over at our little house on the prairie so something simple.
Back to mountains - weaning from trees, for a while, maybe - never quite sure about what takes my fancy. Have a great day if you can - koffy time.

View attachment 44507
Wow, trees and mountains and a self portrait of you on the swing, brave man that's a precipitous drop. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Had intended going out early, to do a few things, and to fill car with petrol. Because on my way back from shops earlier this week I found the fuel station had closed for good, So I need to look for a new one in the opposite direction. It is right on the border between England and Wales, but fortunately it is located in Wales. Otherwise it would have been a 20 odd mile round trip further into Wales just to get fuel...

Weird times...

But the day was so yellow grey outside, what would have been called gas oven weather in my youth, that I had no desire to leave my bed. So coffees and teas (I like both), and just playing in iPastel app for my painting for today. I discovered new settings and new palettes in it. This is not a finished painting, but where I got to an hour later.

So now to make another cup of coffee and another cup of tea...yes, I am weird, I do drink both together, well sip one, and then sip the other...

View attachment 44508
Always on a voyage of discovery. A tangled forest and distant light, nice Pastel shades.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely soft pastels. Branches of trees tendriling out in a mirkwoodesque scene. Are you able to duplicate in iPastel and then compare stages?

Thank you :)

Yes you can duplicate and save duplicates in iPastel @dunelm
It took me a bit how to find out how to do it.
I had the free version, but now paid £4.99 for the full version.
There is an awful lot in it which I am still discovering.
One thing it does not have is the dropper tool.
You can make your own palettes.
It has a selection of palettes.
And I pressed something this morning which gave me a palette of blacks, a palette of greys etc And that is what I was playing with this morning.

It is worth a play with the free version to see if it rocks your boat...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you - yes, Chinese rice paper - and get the inkstone out - I am far too lazy and use bottled ink.

View attachment 44509

I have bottled ink @dunelm
But I don't like it.
It takes about 15 minutes with the ink stone.
It is a meditation to do the ink and it is lovely and creamy. But I do need a gown covering my front, and to be as far away from a wallpaper wall or curtains as possible...

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a full nights sleep last night what a luxury...a busy few days working & staying up late (very) to watch debates given the content it really wasn't worth it...sterile clinical & dull dull dull...sunny here for now rain expected relatively soon...woke top a 6.5...more coffee needed...keep safe everyone.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.25am FBG 6.0
Slightly better result reflecting slightly lowered stress levels.
New plan for Cat.
Antibiotics finish tomorrow. On Monday go to nearby town where there is a vet who possibly speaks English. Book appt for Cat to be neutered later in the week. It needs doing anyway. If cat is fit for op. We will assume he is also fit to travel. Either way we will know before 23rd when he has to have his anti parasite treatment before travelling on 25th.
Stress levels are already reduced just from having a plan.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.25am FBG 6.0
Slightly better result reflecting slightly lowered stress levels.
New plan for Cat.
Antibiotics finish tomorrow. On Monday go to nearby town where there is a vet who possibly speaks English. Book appt for Cat to be neutered later in the week. It needs doing anyway. If cat is fit for op. We will assume he is also fit to travel. Either way we will know before 23rd when he has to have his anti parasite treatment before travelling on 25th.
Stress levels are already reduced just from having a plan.

Plans are always good @SlimLizzy
Sounds a good plan

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bike ride was not very enjoyable, I have not been out often enough because of backache over past few week and so today was hard work, amazing how quick you loose it if not useing it. :( Tesco now.