What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Out the last ten years we have had migrant visitors from the Siberian Taiga, visiting our garden in four Autumns.
So when there is a 'fall' of these birds on the East Coast, as there has been, we spend hours looking through the small birds in the garden each morning during October searching with bins.

The bird in question is the tiny Goldcrest sized, taiga sprite, called the Yellow-browed Warbler.
D.
@lindisfel there are some tiny warbler type birds about at the moment, am not good at warblers, wish you were here.

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.6 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Well fellow posters and painters on this thread I had my telephonic consultation with the hospital diabetic consultant this morning. He was happy with my blood sugar levels morning and evening, also my hbA1c which was taken June and was 58, I would have preferred a lower number, but never mind.
Now he has told me that I don't fit into type 1 or type 2 categories, but am in the category " Post transplant steroid induced diabetes ".
Steroid's specifically Prednisilone for me are wonderful and have and are causing me so many problems, but along with my other drugs keep me alive, enabling me and me's to wreak chaos and mayhem in all the different realities I exist in.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.6 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Well fellow posters and painters on this thread I had my telephonic consultation with the hospital diabetic consultant this morning. He was happy with my blood sugar levels morning and evening, also my hbA1c which was taken June and was 58, I would have preferred a lower number, but never mind.
Now he has told me that I don't fit into type 1 or type 2 categories, but am in the category " Post transplant steroid induced diabetes ".
Steroid's specifically Prednisilone for me are wonderful and have and are causing me so many problems, but along with my other drugs keep me alive, enabling me and me's to wreak chaos and mayhem in all the different realities I exist in.
That all sounds most spiffing young Alfred and should allow you and yous to continue posting for many years to come. Congratulations to you all. Please be sure to tell Mrs A J my thoughts and prayers are with her. (I imagine she tells you frequently how her family and friends did warn her but young love just won't listen:angelic:)

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
@lindisfel there are some tiny warbler type birds about at the moment, am not good at warblers, wish you were here.
Yes, there has been whats called a 'fall' on the east coast of England and small numbers make their way across country, they even get to south west Ireland, but in small numbers. Bear in mind some have come all the way from Eastern Siberian forests, but the Goldcrest, which are more common, are perhaps from Scandinavian forests.
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That all sounds most spiffing young Alfred and should allow you and yous to continue posting for many years to come. Congratulations to you all. Please be sure to tell Mrs A J my thoughts and prayers are with her. (I imagine she tells you frequently how her family and friends did warn her but young love just won't listen:angelic:)

@ianpspurs I have passed on your message to Mrs J and Mrs J thanks you.

lindisfel

Expert
After my walk this am the wind has got stronger and the wind chill is way down or up as the case may be.
Wouldn't want to be on the top of the high fells today.
Spent most of the morning bird watching with the better half looking through the patio window. The duchess is very sharp eyed, I once said to an old birder friend, who kept Westies, Youv'e got a Westie and I have a Pointer!

We've have several different vacuums but I thought a Gtech may be easier for the better half to use but a wheel fell off. They are all plastic and not strongly made.
A wheel cost £17! It came today and it was quite easy to fix, so thats given me a few brownie points, I wonder how many leaving the seat ups I get?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, everyone, I am just looking in to ask for help from the painters here, please.
A friend has asked me to paint her a picture of her cats.
I am not a painter, nor can I do anything much with colored pencils, markers, crayons, etc., other than color in between the lines others have drawn.
Can you please suggest a good medium for me to try? I was thinking pastels, but a neighbor said they are dusty (?). I know chalk is ...
I did pick up a sketch pad the other day while out shopping but left the paints, etc., on the shelves in the store.
I'm thinking maybe I could try to do just a suggestion of the presence of cats ... ?

And now for all of you, because I miss y'all and it's October 9th and should be this man's 80th birthday to celebrate with his wife and sons ... and at the very least we are still free to ...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, everyone, I am just looking in to ask for help from the painters here, please.
I am not a painter, nor can I do anything much with colored pencils, markers, crayons, etc., other than color in between the lines others have drawn.
Can you please suggest a good medium for me to try? I was thinking pastels, but a neighbor said they are dusty (?). I know chalk is ...
I did pick up a sketch pad the other day while out shopping but left the paints, etc., on the shelves in the store.
I'm thinking maybe I could try to do just a suggestion of the presence of cats ... ?

And now for all of you, because I miss y'all and it's October 9th and should be this man's 80th birthday to celebrate with his wife and sons ... and at the very least we are still free to ...

I am sure the artists will have useful suggestions for you to help your friend. You have made an old man very happy by popping up here again. Life is truly like a box of chocolates and that's all I've got to say about that. Maybe don't be a stranger?

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nasty 9.3 at 5 am this morning the early start could have influenced the reading but not sure what else could have .

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We've have several different vacuums but I thought a Gtech may be easier for the better half to use but a wheel fell off. They are all plastic and not strongly made.

A wheel cost £17! It came today and it was quite easy to fix, so thats given me a few brownie points, I wonder how many leaving the seat ups I get?

Fixing her vacuum cleaner...brownie points......none.
Leaving the seat up.......do you have a death wish?

When I read we have several different vacuums I immediately thought of the vacuum of space, then breathed a sigh of relief when I read further on, ah vacuum cleaners.
I don't need to compose a post on dark matter, hot or cold dark matter, Newtonian motion with regards to the missing mass of the universe and other such conjectures.

Vacuum cleaners much a much safer subject, luckily me and me's are not to be trusted with Mrs J's.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg this morning was 4. something or other oh yes found it 4.5. Talking of blood sugars and I was, when we went to Lincoln the other day my daughter sneaked into well more like boldy strode into a fudge shop where they it would seem do 14 different varieties of that sugar laden commodity and purchased £9.00 worth. :banghead:

Today she confided to me that her blood sugar level after consuming some rose to 29.1 this is a person who according to her doctor does not have diabetes I beg to differ. I am constantly trying to get her to ask for a HbA1c again but she is being stubborn.

I told her if she had told me at the time I would have been checking for ketones and dragging her off down to A&E.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fixing her vacuum cleaner...brownie points......none.
Leaving the seat up.......do you have a death wish?

When I read we have several different vacuums I immediately thought of the vacuum of space, then breathed a sigh of relief when I read further on, ah vacuum cleaners.
I don't need to compose a post on dark matter, hot or cold dark matter, Newtonian motion with regards to the missing mass of the universe and other such conjectures.

Vacuum cleaners much a much safer subject, luckily me and me's are not to be trusted with Mrs J's.

According some rumors on the troll net that I have come across that mad engineer/scientist super villain Dysonman is building a giant vacuum cleaner that will be able to generate a vortex large enough to suck the entire Earth in cleaning up all the dirt in one go.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you :)

Yes you can duplicate and save duplicates in iPastel @dunelm
It took me a bit how to find out how to do it.
I had the free version, but now paid £4.99 for the full version.
There is an awful lot in it which I am still discovering.
One thing it does not have is the dropper tool.
You can make your own palettes.
It has a selection of palettes.
And I pressed something this morning which gave me a palette of blacks, a palette of greys etc And that is what I was playing with this morning.

It is worth a play with the free version to see if it rocks your boat...
Well I have downloaded it so will have a play

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good to see you here. Pastels are good for animal portraits, a little dusty but mainly on fingers and paper rather than in the air. If you choose Pastel be sure to get Paper with a good tooth to hold them. If Painting I would steer clear of watercolour and try acrylic, dries fast but is easy to use with brush or knife/credit card, old of course. :)

Be brave enough to post your finished art here.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's art, not in the mood, had two attempts, not happy with it so walked away. I will however go back to it and try to rescue the painting. It is supposed to be the Fairy Pools on Sky, the colours in these falls are amazing in the correct light, I need to add more contrast to the water. What I am not happy with is the equal distance between each fall, I can't see how to rescue it as the medium is watercolour, with oils or Acrylics it would be doable. A4 watercolour, lots to do but I will finish it....
IMG_3900.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's art, not in the mood, had two attempts, not happy with it so walked away. I will however go back to it and try to rescue the painting. It is supposed to be the Fairy Pools on Sky, the colours in these falls are amazing in the correct light, I need to add more contrast to the water. What I am not happy with is the equal distance between each fall, I can't see how to rescue it as the medium is watercolour, with oils or Acrylics it would be doable. A4 watercolour, lots to do but I will finish it....
View attachment 44512

You will work it out @Muddy Cyclist

By the way I do things equidistant, especially when I am trying hard to make it variable...

lindisfel

Expert
According some rumors on the troll net that I have come across that mad engineer/scientist super villain Dysonman is building a giant vacuum cleaner that will be able to generate a vortex large enough to suck the entire Earth in cleaning up all the dirt in one go.

I know what comes next John!
The giant vacuum then vanishes up its own suction pipe!

Last edited: