What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Welcome to the forum, @Chriztopher. I see this is your first post. Your morning results are good given that you are only one month in. Congrats and well done for cutting them by close to two-thirds already. For me, it took about half a year for fasting levels to truly normalize (while levels during the rest of the day were already good).

Fasting levels today were 4.4.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.4 today.
@Ryhia thanks for the support, since this started I havent felt able to take my usual vits because of nausea and taste issues. Today I seem to have upset tummy which may or may not be linked to the virus. Just grateful not to be worse.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Welcome to the forum, @Chriztopher. I see this is your first post. Your morning results are good given that you are only one month in. Congrats and well done for cutting them by close to two-thirds already. For me, it took about half a year for fasting levels to truly normalize (while levels during the rest of the day were already good).

Fasting levels today were 4.4.

Hi @Chriztopher,

I've just seen you're LADA. So, please ignore the second half of my comment as it may not apply to you (as higher fasting levels for T2s are generally due to insulin resistance). Still, you've certainly done a great job bringing your levels down by so much.

qaos

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine after fasting 12 hours varies between 4.8 and 6.4 mmol/L normally in the low 5’s. My Hba1c one is 6 which I understand is just okay.
Graham

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.4 today.
@Ryhia thanks for the support, since this started I havent felt able to take my usual vits because of nausea and taste issues. Today I seem to have upset tummy which may or may not be linked to the virus. Just grateful not to be worse.
Some people do have tummy issues so it may be the virus but you just keep a positive attitude and look forward to feeling well soon. Then reward yourself with a treat. :happy:

Reactions: DJC3

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.6 this morning. This doesn't reflect my crazy night of MM alarms widely out of whack for no reason. My BS was close to 5 all night with finger prinks, yet my x-Drip said 8, then 3, then 7.5, then 3.1. You have to love a new sensor. At least I was safe. Sleepless but safe. I hope everyone is having a great day.