ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I put on 3lb this week!!!!? No idea why I haven’t changed what I’ve eaten over the last three weeks and I’m more active . Not fair!
On the plus side my sugar levels are MUCH better so it looks like the insulin is finally winning.
I’ve downloaded MyFitnessPal to see where I can lose calories . All suggestions welcome!!
The more insulin I was on the higher my weight. The hunger was unsatiable. My bariatric op stopped all of the hunger. I'm still on insulin but hundreds of units less.
I feel if I can need less insulin I will lose more weight. Still.
I'm still losing off and on. 1-2lbs a week.

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't be thinking that you can find my lost bits of K in The UK cos I have looked everywhere :banghead:
Carol

And if only I could misplace my kg bits as easily as you do yours! :) Never mind, I am making good progress. :happy:

End of Week 9 of 12 on current ultra low carb, low cal phase.

Down another 1.1kg and minus another .9% body fat this week.
Running totals: minus 9.4kg from start and minus 6.4% bodyfat.

Will probably try and push it past 12 weeks and right up until Christmas, aiming for the minus 15kg milestone in first instance.

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I put on 3lb this week!!!!? No idea why I haven’t changed what I’ve eaten over the last three weeks and I’m more active . Not fair!
On the plus side my sugar levels are MUCH better so it looks like the insulin is finally winning.
I’ve downloaded MyFitnessPal to see where I can lose calories . All suggestions welcome!!

If you've been more active, could it be more muscle mass? Or higher hydration due to extra activity? If you've got one of those body composition scales, it may give you some clues. Don't despair too quickly, it's possible to vary that much over the space of a couple of days so it may have been an 'off' day and interesting to see what happens with the coming week.

But in any case, congratulations on improved blood sugar controls - that's wonderful!

Reactions: DJC3

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which healthy fatty proteins do you eat Carol?
I eat cheese ,full fat yoghurt,double cream ,fish ,meat including bacon.,lots of veg with butter avocados nuts,eggs
Carol

Reactions: ert

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I eat cheese ,full fat yoghurt,double cream ,fish ,meat including bacon.,lots of veg with butter avocados nuts,eggs
Carol
Is it your thyroid causing weight-loss or are you in Keto?
I bet you hv already told me but lately my head is mushed up with addition pain. It must be my gallbladder. I hv no stones though. My body is a nausance lately. Shame holidays didn't include from our body playing us up, eh?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
And if only I could misplace my kg bits as easily as you do yours! :) Never mind, I am making good progress. :happy:

End of Week 9 of 12 on current ultra low carb, low cal phase.

Down another 1.1kg and minus another .9% body fat this week.
Running totals: minus 9.4kg from start and minus 6.4% bodyfat.

Will probably try and push it past 12 weeks and right up until Christmas, aiming for the minus 15kg milestone in first instance.
I know low cal is unsustainable but I find it OK on low carb and low cal. In fact I feel confident I could lose some more if I get gain from the menopause. I'm an expert in fighting weight gain against hormones. I've done it my whole life.
I never thought I'd ever say I'm an advocate for low cal but if you CAN sustain it; well its a winner! My operation has been a godsend as I was hungry even on low carb. I feel I did have Keto effects but as soon as I ate anything carb based most of the 3st was regained. We are all different. My body seems to get used to losing then finds away to stop. It goes in survival mode. Even when I'm obese.
My future is low cal, low carb but I know HOW to lose again which is the Winner for me. You too I'm guessing?

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know low cal is unsustainable but I find it OK on low carb and low cal. In fact I feel confident I could lose some more if I get gain from the menopause. I'm an expert in fighting weight gain against hormones. I've done it my whole life.
I never thought I'd ever say I'm an advocate for low cal but if you CAN sustain it; well its a winner! My operation has been a godsend as I was hungry even on low carb. I feel I did have Keto effects but as soon as I ate anything carb based most of the 3st was regained. We are all different. My body seems to get used to losing then finds away to stop. It goes in survival mode. Even when I'm obese.
My future is low cal, low carb but I know HOW to lose again which is the Winner for me. You too I'm guessing?

I'm still learning a lot, but have to say that my current ultra low cal low carb has been the first time that I can definitely see that I'm losing body fat and sustaining the downward trend on the scales plus of course - HUGE benefits in blood sugar control. And I'm not ravenously hungry and wanting to rip off one of my own arms and eat it - bonus!(Well, I should say that was the case ONCE I made it past the first 4 days, lol.)

Right now I've got my focus on using this phase to reach the goal of stripping fat from internal organs with a drop of about 15kg, apparently an important functional marker. I expect that after that I'll be aiming for the LCHF style with intermittent fasting for long term health, optimal blood sugar control and normalisation of weight. I will still have a lot of weight to lose, but feel like I can do this with a switch to more of a 5:2 or 4:3 approach. It's enlightening to have found an approach that works for me - as opposed to faithfully following something like weight watchers and seeing the scales barely budge, week in, week out - so frustrating and disheartening! Very interesting and educational as well to see the variation in approaches people on this forum use to manage their health.

Last edited:
Reactions: OB87 and DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My weight seems to be going up each week now 77.4 Kg must get a grip on this.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
55.6kg this morning so happily I seem to be maintaining now.
Hugs @JohnEGreen I know you have a lot of health issues to try and juggle at once.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't posted for a while as weight was staying the same around 55kgs. My last HbA1c in July saw my cholesterol levels at 10 so I am now trying to reduce this by modifying my diet. One benefit seems to be I have started losing weight again, so I'm currently 54 kgs. Now if only I could stop eating nuts I may hopefully see further weight loss.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 2 bits of a K have come back !!!! AND they have brought 2 others with them :) 46 K Next week. they may take themselves away again I just hope they don't take any more with them :arghh:
Carol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Haven't posted for a while as weight was staying the same around 55kgs. My last HbA1c in July saw my cholesterol levels at 10 so I am now trying to reduce this by modifying my diet. One benefit seems to be I have started losing weight again, so I'm currently 54 kgs. Now if only I could stop eating nuts I may hopefully see further weight loss.
I'm the same with nuts or cheese. So I bag them up into small food bags so I'm conscious of how much if I have a nibble. Luckily my small tummy tells me now too so 2 failsafes. I love the fact I cannot overeat in volume because it also tells me too much carb if I get head hunger. So I revise or stop new food. I even get it on nuts. The uncomfortable feeling of full. I wait if I need nuts for fibre. Cheese isn't needed as I'm on calcium tablets.
I've had to throw out food lately as partner and teenager is restaining their late eating, at last.