What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all - a day of reflection here. 36th wedding anniversary brings all kinds of memories to the surface. Three sons and five grandchildren, six by February 21st is/are a blessing. Six different houses but IMHO one home so far, the last one. So many funerals from the original cast, some real tear jerkers there. I won't be dressing in top hat and tails to mark the 2.30 kick off. Nature kindly woke me at 3.30 and the dogs alerted me to their chaos at 5.15. After today we have three days of grandchildren duties, work on this place may cease and we may have a meal together at the weekend. That takes us almost to Nov 3 and potentially D day (after a wait for sulky to accept his drubbing) and a restart of measuring and acknowledging my failure - or mayhap success sometimes. Toodle Pip
A winner in so many respects - congratulations to you both. Top hat not needed

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all - a day of reflection here. 36th wedding anniversary brings all kinds of memories to the surface. Three sons and five grandchildren, six by February 21st is/are a blessing. Six different houses but IMHO one home so far, the last one. So many funerals from the original cast, some real tear jerkers there. I won't be dressing in top hat and tails to mark the 2.30 kick off. Nature kindly woke me at 3.30 and the dogs alerted me to their chaos at 5.15. After today we have three days of grandchildren duties, work on this place may cease and we may have a meal together at the weekend. That takes us almost to Nov 3 and potentially D day (after a wait for sulky to accept his drubbing) and a restart of measuring and acknowledging my failure - or mayhap success sometimes. Toodle Pip
Congratulations to you both. Life's memories of all sorts are so important. Have a lovely few days with grandchildren.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Washing done, coffee almost drunk, then off for the dog walk before it starts raining. Then the farm shop and hopefully will get a lot of admin done.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bewildering day of interest and intrigue in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of “look what I’ve found in the fridge” came in at 4.8 this am

Granddaughter duties today but I have to be in for the bloke that fixes, or otherwise, fridge freezers. Still, I can sit and look out into the garden. It’s the daily round of “I’m a robin, find your own garden” - today it looks like tag team time with Mr &Mrs Blackbird and a couple of Great-****. Still, there is time for more to sign up. The local butcher has some rabbits so it might be stew time. I have heard that the sign in the window says, “Watership Down - seen the film, read the book, now eat the cast” . At one time, I thought that Bob Marley was singing “I hope you like rabbit stew” in his song “Jamming”.

Today is two of the same - before adding a touch of colour and then after - not sure - names on a postcard.
Time for koffy - have a smashing day.

upload_2020-10-27_7-35-13.jpeg

upload_2020-10-27_7-34-27.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

My painting for today.
Art Kure brush pens and Chinese paper.
And some white powdered Chinese paint which I have had since forever and not used yet.

You can see where I sprinkled the white powdered paint, and it took even over vey dark colours.
At the bottom I took apart the white Kure brush pen and sprinkled some white. It was meant to be a pond. Didn't work. So it became a path.

In my head this was all meant to lead into a golden yellow meadow, and there was going to be a stile in between the trees to lead to it. It didn't work. That was my vision for this painting. But it didn't happen, it evolved differently. The paint does its own thing. It usually does with me. If I paint the picture I set out to paint, it is usually boring, competent but boring.

So this painting did its own thing...

I was going to add something to this painting this morning, but it wasn't right to use the brush pens again. The paper was dry by now, but to use the brush pen would have been to impose something the painting didn't want. So I made a coffee, had a bowl of cereal with chia seeds in. And I knew what I wanted.

I took a photo of the painting. And put it into Procreate. I wanted a rainbow in the middle. That middle bit was different, almost a globe of different effects. I knew I wanted something between the two trees, and it wasn't a white light I wanted, because that would have painted out that globe between the trees. I wanted to keep the painting as the Art Kure brush pens had reacted to the sprayed water on the Chinese paper. So, using layers in Procreate, I did this rainbow, then I realised I would like it as a circle.

So now this painting is called "Hope"
This is personal to me.
The last time I did a painting called "Hope", it was for the same person over a decade ago. I painted a daffodil tied with string on to a tree branch. That painting worked its magic...no one has ever seen it...

View attachment 44944
A fine explanation of how you arrived at this piece of art. I like how it turned out. Reminded me of a visit to Vicarage Gardens in Norfolk from the centre they have ut through the many trees and hedges perfect circles through which can be seen local landmarks, Church , Lighthouse, and if gives the same tunnel effect to another world. I do Like this painting of 'Hope' and can appreciate the care and work you have put into it.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all - a day of reflection here. 36th wedding anniversary brings all kinds of memories to the surface. Three sons and five grandchildren, six by February 21st is/are a blessing. Six different houses but IMHO one home so far, the last one. My grandchildren have all slept and played there so 4 four generations linked to that land. So many funerals from the original cast, some real tear jerkers there. I won't be dressing in top hat and tails to mark the 2.30 kick off. Nature kindly woke me at 3.30 and the dogs alerted me to their chaos at 5.15. After today we have three days of grandchildren duties, work on this place may cease and we will have a meal together at the weekend. That takes us almost to Nov 3 and potentially D day (after a wait for sulky to accept his drubbing) and a restart of measuring and acknowledging my failure - or mayhap success sometimes. Toodle Pip
Happy anniversary to you both xx

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 6.0 this morning and no let-up in the rain. The world news is just as dismal so I'm going to build a 'fort' and hide ;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bewildering day of interest and intrigue in the dark and dangerous north

Granddaughter duties today but I have to be in for the bloke that fixes, or otherwise, fridge freezers. Still, I can sit and look out into the garden. It’s the daily round of “I’m a robin, find your own garden” - today it looks like tag team time with Mr &Mrs Blackbird and a couple of Great-****. Still, there is time for more to sign up. The local butcher has some rabbits so it might be stew time. I have heard that the sign in the window says, “Watership Down - seen the film, read the book, now eat the cast” . At one time, I thought that Bob Marley was singing “I hope you like rabbit stew” in his song “Jamming”.

Today is two of the same - before adding a touch of colour and then after - not sure - names on a postcard.

View attachment 44946

View attachment 44945
Interesting to see the process of before and after, thank you. Both work very well and I do like those colour washes but having seen the two together I like it without just as much. Great subjects and well executed art.

Enjoy todays window adventure with that little one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a couple of Great-****.
Ah, my memory of our first meeting is coming back now.:angelic: By 10.00 pm in a rugby club bar (morning kick off, watering cans to fill for scoring tries) I'm proud how well my eyesight held up - wasn't always the case:arghh:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44946

View attachment 44945
Thank you @dunelm
I like both.
I love the addition of that delicate blue. That shade of blue rocks my boat.
But I prefer the first one out of the two paintings.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Lovely lunch at our friends yesterday, put the world to right, shared many stories of life since we saw them a month ago and talked about a worrying future. These are friends we can comfortably debate, politics, religion with and enjoy without offence. Then art, music and the mundane stuff of life, a good afternoon all around.

Today nothing planned and for some reason I ache so no Muddy Cycle ride although I'm certain it would probably help. So art catch up as I only did a few brush strokes yesterday. Restring my Violin, a job I hate, trying to get the pegs that hold the strings to stay put and not keep unwinding under the tension is something I always struggle with.

Time comes, slips away and stays just a moment, make good use of those moments. Keep safe.

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A fine explanation of how you arrived at this piece of art. I like how it turned out. Reminded me of a visit to Vicarage Gardens in Norfolk from the centre they have ut through the many trees and hedges perfect circles through which can be seen local landmarks, Church , Lighthouse, and if gives the same tunnel effect to another world. I do Like this painting of 'Hope' and can appreciate the care and work you have put into it.

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
That sounds a brilliant garden, those Vicarage Gardens. I shall have to google them...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today.

Lovely lunch at our friends yesterday, put the world to right, shared many stories of life since we saw them a month ago and talked about a worrying future. These are friends we can comfortably debate, politics, religion with and enjoy without offence. Then art, music and the mundane stuff of life, a good afternoon all around.

Today nothing planned and for some reason I ache so no Muddy Cycle ride although I'm certain it would probably help. So art catch up as I only did a few brush strokes yesterday. Restring my Violin, a job I hate, trying to get the pegs that hold the strings to stay put and not keep unwinding under the tension is something I always struggle with.

Time comes, slips away and stays just a moment, make good use of those moments. Keep safe.

You have a good day today.
Try and relax if you can.
I wouldn't like to restring any instrument...
Take care...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all - a day of reflection here. 36th wedding anniversary brings all kinds of memories to the surface. Three sons and five grandchildren, six by February 21st is/are a blessing. Six different houses but IMHO one home so far, the last one. My grandchildren have all slept and played there so four generations linked to that land. So many funerals from the original cast, some real tearjerkers there. I won't be dressing in top hat and tails to mark the 2.30 kick off. Nature kindly woke me at 3.30 and the dogs alerted me to their chaos at 5.15. After today we have three days of grandchildren duties, work on this place may cease and we will have a meal together at the weekend. That takes us almost to Nov 3 and potentially D day (after a wait for sulky to accept his drubbing) and a restart of measuring and acknowledging my failure - or mayhap success sometimes. Toodle Pip

Happy Anniversary!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Congratulations to @ianpspurs and his good lady.

A 6.6 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Like a few posters and painters we have our grandchildren for the day, Mrs J has listened patiently to my plans for today nodded sweetly then tore them to shreds.
Never mind, I have unspoken back up plans.

A special mention for @dunelm I spotted the helicopter and enjoy your rabbit stew, one of my favourites.

Have a great day all, avoid the media and stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

My painting for today.
Art Kure brush pens and Chinese paper.
And some white powdered Chinese paint which I have had since forever and not used yet.

You can see where I sprinkled the white powdered paint, and it took even over vey dark colours.
At the bottom I took apart the white Kure brush pen and sprinkled some white. It was meant to be a pond. Didn't work. So it became a path.

In my head this was all meant to lead into a golden yellow meadow, and there was going to be a stile in between the trees to lead to it. It didn't work. That was my vision for this painting. But it didn't happen, it evolved differently. The paint does its own thing. It usually does with me. If I paint the picture I set out to paint, it is usually boring, competent but boring.

So this painting did its own thing...

I was going to add something to this painting this morning, but it wasn't right to use the brush pens again. The paper was dry by now, but to use the brush pen would have been to impose something the painting didn't want. So I made a coffee, had a bowl of cereal with chia seeds in. And I knew what I wanted.

I took a photo of the painting. And put it into Procreate. I wanted a rainbow in the middle. That middle bit was different, almost a globe of different effects. I knew I wanted something between the two trees, and it wasn't a white light I wanted, because that would have painted out that globe between the trees. I wanted to keep the painting as the Art Kure brush pens had reacted to the sprayed water on the Chinese paper. So, using layers in Procreate, I did this rainbow, then I realised I would like it as a circle.

So now this painting is called "Hope"
This is personal to me.
The last time I did a painting called "Hope", it was for the same person over a decade ago. I painted a daffodil tied with string on to a tree branch. That painting worked its magic...no one has ever seen it...

View attachment 44944
Thank you for posting the thought processes that went on as your painting evolved into a stunning piece of artwork.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for all the congratulations and good wishes on our wedding anniversary. The builder has won the present competition with a sourdough starter for Julie. The only way anything would beat that would be all our boys and grandchildren here. That will wait until the full cast list is complete - additions are expected beyond Feb 2021. And that, boys and girls, is why making sense of all this stupidity really matters. The numbers and diet are functional, a means to an end. Which is why I tolerate this WOE and want it optimised/personalised.

Last edited: