What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Came back from collecting my medicines. The roads are deserted here in Wales. A few cars nearer the chemist. The chemist deserted of customers. Went in the Polish shop. That was totally deserted of customers. Then popped into Tesco Express next door. Totally deserted apart from the till assistant. No one is stocking shelves. Has Armageddon happened and no one gave me the memo?

Came home. Went to bed for a sleep. Worked on my flower painting. Here it is, not totally happy with this.

Am going to hide the next fortnight...

View attachment 44962
Massive hugs and hope that you do manage at least to potter about in your garden. Lonely flower - from you but still bright and vibrant

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Came back from collecting my medicines. The roads are deserted here in Wales. A few cars nearer the chemist. The chemist deserted of customers. Went in the Polish shop. That was totally deserted of customers. Then popped into Tesco Express next door. Totally deserted apart from the till assistant. No one is stocking shelves. Has Armageddon happened and no one gave me the memo?

Came home. Went to bed for a sleep. Worked on my flower painting. Here it is, not totally happy with this.

Am going to hide the next fortnight...

View attachment 44962
Massive hugs and hope that you do not turn into a hermit and can at least potter about in your garden. Lonely flower but still bright and vibrant.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Never got to do shed roof at MILs, a sunny day inspired Mrs MC and I to go on a stroll, 12 miles :joyful:. Great weather to start but then it rained Mrs MC, although all my fault apparently, had not put her waterproof in my rucksack, but as you can see from photos I did loan her my hat. :):angelic:

Why was I in trouble? I also made a picnic and coffee and carried them and it was only rain after all.
View attachment 44963
Painting started but unfinished. @gennepher mentioned not being able to visit Conwy Valley so I was inspired to paint the Fairy Falls in Autumn costume, I have pictures of these but non from Autumn so some artistic license will finish Thursday..
View attachment 44964
Top man giving up that hat - chivalry is still alive and well. Looking forward to the Fairy Falls

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 this morning

shopping day today, it was busier than I expected :sorry:

bin day for the green bin today with the dual formation team of binmen. The main bin lorry with two people and a small van with another one playing covid leapfrog, the man in the small van moving ahead to line up the bins at the roadside then the main team man hooking the bins to the lorry and putting them back on the kerb :hilarious:

hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - glad your daughter is doing well :)

@gennepher - thank you for the information and suggestion for adding white, I hadn't thought about using correction fluid pens, I bought some this morning to try ;)
your painting today appears simple but it's very effective and the petal shading is subtle and nuanced :)

@dunelm - yes, it's a water droplet in yesterday's sketch. I love today's tree crowned craggy landscape, bonus fun playing find the helicopter ;)
I join you in needing to get another freezer, together with @SlimLizzy that makes three of us :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - So that's both ends of the 'sublime to the ridiculous' of the fixing woodwork 'spectrum' for you this week ;)
Nice start to your painting, I always find your process instructive :)

art bit -

more clouds over the golf course :)
View attachment 44967
Thank you @geefull - the helicopter is always in there somewhere. Interesting bin cavalcade - you would think that they could spend the extravagant amount on adding the van to the parade on something worthwhile - like filling in potholes or feeding local kids. - humbug - humbug. Nice golf course, wispy clouds. That little bit of red on the flag - just the ticket.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. So many posts and no notifications. Hugs for @gennepher @lindisfel @karen8967 and @Muddy Cyclist. In order, for, firebreak isolation, missing loved ones then the worry over the meeting, for lower than ideal fbg and for funeral plus blame for being a man (seems to baked in to being a female). No fbg today here but 3 grandchildren, 2 dogs and a builder (never in our rooms) so very cosy. Checked on my app and the last fbg was September 2nd - 4.2 via Libre and 4s back to Aug 14th and beyond. It will be interesting to see where I am when I resume since I have made no changes to my diet but have cut way back on steps at least whilst I have been site foreman for a month. From what I can gather from TV you guys in The Frozen North prefer to throw money at hideous Christmas decs rather than dental work. Toodle Pip.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from cloud filled and windy start to the day in the dark and dangerous north - maybe those clouds will blow away and reveal an alternative scenario.

The wonder wheel of bacon, chorizo and leek bake with zero noodles came in at stonking 5.5 this am.

The wheel of life began to slow down yesterday - nearly got 29hours out of the day - will be fitting a longer fulcrum in a bit and getting out the WD40.
New fridge/freezer installed @geefull , @SlimLizzy - only to be told that it had to sit there for five hours before switching on. They never had to do that with the old one - just put a massive block of ice under the hay box and off you go.
SIL is probably moving out of intensive care today - the cocktail of Timothy Learyesque drugs and the oxygenated environment seems to have done the trick for now. They used the same drugs that they did with the trumpf but of course at a fraction of the cost so not the best treatment in the whole world on the most sparkly and virulent Covid gang ever to enter a human body.

Paintings today - playing the acetone trick - mix ink with acetone and then pour over the paper - let it dry and use the outcome to make a picture. Have a great post bin day. Time for koffy.

upload_2020-10-29_8-11-18.jpeg

upload_2020-10-29_8-10-32.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 6.0 this dreary morning as I continue to look for a new home.

I've decided that it is time for one final move, the plan is to go back to my old haunt in Ceredigion to be closer to my two 'physical' friends. I also miss the sea and, if I am honest, the Welsh. I have a few hopeful apartments (no garden!) lined up to view in a couple of weeks. My friend there has offered to physically go to each and Facetime a walk around. I trust his judgement so it will be ok.

I'm also getting an e-bike which is going to be an experience ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm good news on SIL coming out of ICU. Mrs Miggins must be relieved by that news - not implying you aren't. @Alien Aspie the move sounds exciting for you so hope it goes well. I will miss the snippets of Miss Daisy's life but I feel you will be somewhat safer away from her social orbit. E-bike sounds good, Wales not so much (just hope Julie never reads that - she knows my take on it though. It has hills, end of)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm good news on SIL coming out of ICU. Mrs Miggins must be relieved by that news - not implying you aren't. @Alien Aspie the move sounds exciting for you so hope it goes well. I will miss the snippets of Miss Daisy's life but I feel you will be somewhat safer away from her social orbit. E-bike sounds good, Wales not so much (just hope Julie never reads that - she knows my take on it though. It has hills, end of)

I enjoy the hills, or I did when I could walk them.

In my past I lived in Lincoln and Norwich for a while, the only good thing I could recommend it for was being able to practise low flying without the risk of hitting anything :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from cloud filled and windy start to the day in the dark and dangerous north - maybe those clouds will blow away and reveal an alternative scenario.

The wonder wheel of bacon, chorizo and leek bake with zero noodles came in at stonking 5.5 this am.

The wheel of life began to slow down yesterday - nearly got 29hours out of the day - will be fitting a longer fulcrum in a bit and getting out the WD40.
New fridge/freezer installed @geefull , @SlimLizzy - only to be told that it had to sit there for five hours before switching on. They never had to do that with the old one - just put a massive block of ice under the hay box and off you go.
SIL is probably moving out of intensive care today - the cocktail of Timothy Learyesque drugs and the oxygenated environment seems to have done the trick for now. They used the same drugs that they did with the trumpf but of course at a fraction of the cost so not the best treatment in the whole world on the most sparkly and virulent Covid gang ever to enter a human body.

Paintings today - playing the acetone trick - mix ink with acetone and then pour over the paper - let it dry and use the outcome to make a picture. Have a great post bin day. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44988

View attachment 44987
SIL news sounds positive, after such a stressful time for all.

Your technique today is new to me, interesting. Two good pictures emerge from the free flow of ink, both very good. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I've decided that it is time for one final move, the plan is to go back to my old haunt in Ceredigion to be closer to my two 'physical' friends. I also miss the sea and, if I am honest, the Welsh. I have a few hopeful apartments (no garden!) lined up to view in a couple of weeks. My friend there has offered to physically go to each and Facetime a walk around. I trust his judgement so it will be ok.

And a lovely part of the world you are looking at. E bikes are great, you still get a good workout, just make sure your battery is always fully charged before setting out as they are hard to ride if it goes flat. My next Mountain Bike will be an e Bike, I am waiting until one certain very steep technical hill on Cannock Chase defeats my peddling efforts then if I have enough pennies will purchase one. :)

Edit. I agree with you about those flat lands to the South East, endless miles of nothingness. :joyful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

In my past I lived in Lincoln and Norwich for a while, the only good thing I could recommend it for was being able to practise low flying without the risk of hitting anything :)
Norwich and Lincoln may be many things but The Fens ™ or Cambridge they ain't. Just sayin:angelic:
@Muddy Cyclist: I agree with you about those flat lands to the South East, endless miles of nothingness. :joyful:
What about the sky and light? Both, apparently, much valued by artists. I agree Norfolk and Suffolk ain't too spiffing.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Wales - brilliant - e-bike - brilliant - apartment - whatever - hope it has a balcony and a pleasant view - not too far up as you have to lug an e-bike

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian - for someone with COPD she has been brought round very quickly. Mind you, she is in a teaching hospital and a good number of the staff are military so she has probably been shouted at and told to stop malingering.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And a lovely part of the world you are looking at. E bikes are great, you still get a good workout, just make sure your battery is always fully charged before setting out as they are hard to ride if it goes flat. My next Mountain Bike will be an e Bike, I am waiting until one certain very steep technical hill on Cannock Chase defeats my peddling efforts then if I have enough pennies will purchase one. :)

Edit. I agree with you about those flat lands to the South East, endless miles of nothingness. :joyful:

I'm definitely not in the @Muddy Cyclist league, my days of riding a mountain bike around Wales have long gone. Last time I did that was 30 years ago and no COPD, so I'm no competition :)

It was my doctor's idea, he reckons it will less stress than my cross trainer and as it will be used for local trips I could always walk back ;)

In the meantime, I need to chuck some weight so I am back on I.F.

Famous artists will tell you that the light from both the Gower and Lleyn peninsulas is epic. Well, they would if they weren't dead :)

I used to watch the fields and sheep turn golden in the dying light, and Cardigan Bay has the longest unspoilt beaches I've seen, not to mention dolphins!

@dunelm most of those that interest are ground floor with an occasion 1st. Three have sea views, another three are riverside so a fair selection.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

I don't know about that but the hill up to Lincoln Cathedral from grandson's uni accommodation is a bit steep too steep for me anyway. :)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
SIL news sounds positive, after such a stressful time for all.

Your technique today is new to me, interesting. Two good pictures emerge from the free flow of ink, both very good. :)
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist, she seems to be a lot better than she was a couple of days ago.
I have not used the acetone technique before but saw it being demonstrated so decided to have a go - Mrs Miggins will not miss such a small amount of nail polish remover. The grainy effect is due to using old ink (I just let the ink dish dry out and then add a bit of water) - will have a go with new ink later today I think.
Edit: just poured new ink - still grainy.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm definitely not in the @Muddy Cyclist league, my days of riding a mountain bike around Wales have long gone. Last time I did that was 30 years ago and no COPD, so I'm no competition :)

It was my doctor's idea, he reckons it will less stress than my cross trainer and as it will be used for local trips I could always walk back ;)

In the meantime, I need to chuck some weight so I am back on I.F.

Famous artists will tell you that the light from both the Gower and Lleyn peninsulas is epic. Well, they would if they weren't dead :)

I used to watch the fields and sheep turn golden in the dying light, and Cardigan Bay has the longest unspoilt beaches I've seen, not to mention dolphins!

@dunelm most of those that interest are ground floor with an occasion 1st. Three have sea views, another three are riverside so a fair selection.
Sea views - bonus - rivers even. Cardigan Bay is fabulous. Mind you, our flat, sandy beach runs for 8 miles.