What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who remembered today is national bin day.
@dunelm : Helicopter spotted without the hint, but I can't see the submarine.

Now we are all different and our bodies react in different ways. My bloods this morning were 6.1

Yesterday they were 6.6, 2 hours later they were 4.8 and I was well into hypo mode, shakes, disorientation and feeling totally wiped out. 4.8 is fine for most of you, but bad news for me. I recovered mid afternoon and was able to join in the fun with my grandchildren.

We buried a skeleton in the front garden, to ward off evil do-gooders and politicians, then played chess with a Lord of the Rings chess set.
Well fellow posters and painters have a great day, stay safe and stay apart.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Came back from collecting my medicines. The roads are deserted here in Wales. A few cars nearer the chemist. The chemist deserted of customers. Went in the Polish shop. That was totally deserted of customers. Then popped into Tesco Express next door. Totally deserted apart from the till assistant. No one is stocking shelves. Has Armageddon happened and no one gave me the memo?

Came home. Went to bed for a sleep. Worked on my flower painting. Here it is, not totally happy with this.

Am going to hide the next fortnight...

FDEAF1A3-9245-4B5F-8BDC-6EDA315383D3.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Came back from collecting my medicines. The roads are deserted here in Wales. A few cars nearer the chemist. The chemist deserted of customers. Went in the Polish shop. That was totally deserted of customers. Then popped into Tesco Express next door. Totally deserted apart from the till assistant. No one is stocking shelves. Has Armageddon happened and no one gave me the memo?

Came home. Went to bed for a sleep. Worked on my flower painting. Here it is, not totally happy with this.

Am going to hide the next fortnight...

View attachment 44962
Hugs and if you don't mind me saying your lonely flower painting seems to reflect the mood you must be in. Still a great colourful piece of art though, cheery but sad.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never got to do shed roof at MILs, a sunny day inspired Mrs MC and I to go on a stroll, 12 miles :joyful:. Great weather to start but then it rained Mrs MC, although all my fault apparently, had not put her waterproof in my rucksack, but as you can see from photos I did loan her my hat. :):angelic:

Why was I in trouble? I also made a picnic and coffee and carried them and it was only rain after all.
IMG_3989.JPG

Painting started but unfinished. @gennepher mentioned not being able to visit Conwy Valley so I was inspired to paint the Fairy Falls in Autumn costume, I have pictures of these but non from Autumn so some artistic license will finish Thursday..
IMG_3990.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never got to do shed roof at MILs, a sunny day inspired Mrs MC and I to go on a stroll, 12 miles :joyful:. Great weather to start but then it rained Mrs MC, although all my fault apparently, had not put her waterproof in my rucksack, but as you can see from photos I did loan her my hat. :):angelic:

Why was I in trouble? I also made a picnic and coffee and carried them and it was only rain after all.
View attachment 44963
Painting started but unfinished. @gennepher mentioned not being able to visit Conwy Valley so I was inspired to paint the Fairy Falls in Autumn costume, I have pictures of these but non from Autumn so some artistic license will finish Thursday..
View attachment 44964

Your walk looks great @Muddy Cyclist
Best use of a more or less sunny day.

I look forward to you working on that Autumn painting.

Reactions: ianpspurs

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well all seems to have changed here in Nottinghamshire now we are all being given a promotion to tier three.

Our local MP is most miffed about it, it seems he was excluded from the meeting with the ministers and him a Tory MP and all, I never voted for him and I could have told him what was about to happen if he had asked it did not take a rocket scientist to work it out.

Maybe he thought voting not to give children a meal in the half term would have made Boris love him fat chance Boris is not even answering his calls.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 this morning

shopping day today, it was busier than I expected :sorry:

bin day for the green bin today with the dual formation team of binmen. The main bin lorry with two people and a small van with another one playing covid leapfrog, the man in the small van moving ahead to line up the bins at the roadside then the main team man hooking the bins to the lorry and putting them back on the kerb :hilarious:

hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - glad your daughter is doing well :)

@gennepher - thank you for the information and suggestion for adding white, I hadn't thought about using correction fluid pens, I bought some this morning to try ;)
your painting today appears simple but it's very effective and the petal shading is subtle and nuanced :)

@dunelm - yes, it's a water droplet in yesterday's sketch. I love today's tree crowned craggy landscape, bonus fun playing find the helicopter ;)
I join you in needing to get another freezer, together with @SlimLizzy that makes three of us :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - So that's both ends of the 'sublime to the ridiculous' of the fixing woodwork 'spectrum' for you this week ;)
Nice start to your painting, I always find your process instructive :)

art bit -

more clouds over the golf course :)
upload_2020-10-28_20-17-43.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher - thank you for the information and suggestion for adding white, I hadn't thought about using correction fluid pens, I bought some this morning to try ;)
Interesting how we all manage white differently. I choose not to add any white to watercolours, I try and use the paper for my white areas, needs planning on initial layout then the battle to stop paint running into them, water sprays and kitchen roll. Some highlights I then scratch out with a sharp nail exposing the paper through the paint, I do use heavy cotton watercolour paper.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 this morning

shopping day today, it was busier than I expected :sorry:

bin day for the green bin today with the dual formation team of binmen. The main bin lorry with two people and a small van with another one playing covid leapfrog, the man in the small van moving ahead to line up the bins at the roadside then the main team man hooking the bins to the lorry and putting them back on the kerb :hilarious:

hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - glad your daughter is doing well :)

your painting today appears simple but it's very effective and the petal shading is subtle and nuanced :)

@dunelm - yes, it's a water droplet in yesterday's sketch. I love today's tree crowned craggy landscape, bonus fun playing find the helicopter ;)
I join you in needing to get another freezer, together with @SlimLizzy that makes three of us :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - So that's both ends of the 'sublime to the ridiculous' of the fixing woodwork 'spectrum' for you this week ;)
Nice start to your painting, I always find your process instructive :)

art bit -

View attachment 44967
Yes a strange week of delicate and heavy hammer woodwork. :) Will do the shed Friday.

I'm humbled you can learn something from my painting methods, thank you.

Your painting today is a wonderful empty landscape, not easy to make work but this one does, depth, light and undulation and the loan flag, very good use of watercolour.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44963
View attachment 44964

Hat. ?

What a gentleman.

Respect

Mrs Muddy suits it
Lovely shot of her..:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Wet here today so the forecast says, I may brave a Muddy Cycle ride, then indoors music and art.

I have to rehearse a hymn for my Aunties Funeral in a couple of weeks time. She requested 'To God Be the Glory' and of course no singing so my Cousin arranged with the Minister that 4 of us can sing unaccompanied at the front of the church, Mrs MC soprano, Cousins wife Alto, Cousin Tenor and me Bass. We have all rehearsed in our couples coming together at the funeral to sing, having all been dragged up Methodists it will be sung with much gusto.

Fill you day with whatever you can. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

art bit -

View attachment 44967

Hi @geefull
The correction fluid pens work equally well on watercolours, acrylics, pastels. And, I have used them on my encaustic art but how durable it is on the wax paintings I don't know.
I have used them for the white waves, dappled sunlight/moonlight. I have used them for moons, but once it is on the paper, it is on the paper for good...
Another use which works well is for wrought iron fancy gates, and benches against a dark watercolour. I just draw these ones quickly as thought it doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be precise. And I drew a ghostly horse once with the white correction pen, just the head and flowing mane, against a dark blue background, and to make it harder for myself I drew it with my left hand (I am right handed), and it worked out really well. And it was fun to do.

Thank you for the compliment.

I like your forever vista painting over the golf course....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Wet here today so the forecast says, I may brave a Muddy Cycle ride, then indoors music and art.

I have to rehearse a hymn for my Aunties Funeral in a couple of weeks time. She requested 'To God Be the Glory' and of course no singing so my Cousin arranged with the Minister that 4 of us can sing unaccompanied at the front of the church, Mrs MC soprano, Cousins wife Alto, Cousin Tenor and me Bass. We have all rehearsed in our couples coming together at the funeral to sing, having all been dragged up Methodists it will be sung with much gusto.

Fill you day with whatever you can. Keep safe.

Hugs for the funeral @Muddy Cyclist but it sounds as though it will be a good funeral, and your Auntie will approve of the outdoors singing...just look up at the passing clouds...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

My painting is started. But it is such a vibrant scarlet red the background, and I have no idea how to proceed with it. I had to stop painting it last night because I was tired and fell asleep, and so of course it is dry this morning and not wet...

So, see you later...

lindisfel

Expert
The situation in the North of England and London looks to be desperate now or very soon. Please keep safe out there.

We faced our most susceptable on Tuesday and Wednesday having seen our 14 year old grandson, daughter No2 and s.i.l. for first time since January.

We saw them at Penrith first in the Castle Park and the gate building, although cold at 9 deg c was sheltered from the rain. It had dry socially distanced seats.

Yesterday they came here and it was difficult because of a heavy shower and my grandson had travel sickness, he doesn't travel well, we hope it is not Covid!

We all do our best in the dire situation we all find ourselves in.
D.

Last edited: