Tv shows

mr_cat

Hi Wolfie
Allo Allo is very funny, written by David Croft and Jimmy Perry, they also wrote other very funny sit cons
Dads Army
Are you being served
It ain’t half hot mum
Hi de Hi
You rang m lord
Allo Allo

I liked them all
Croft n Perry
Indeed. wicked writers.
no spite or vitriol, inclusive wit loving people rather than leftist divisive hate that makes up the majority of bbc out pourings these days.
And lets not forget John Gilbert Esmonde R,obert Edward Larbey ,,the good life
a top tv series again full of love for the human condition.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Croft n Perry
Indeed. wicked writers.
no spite or vitriol, inclusive wit loving people rather than leftist divisive hate that makes up the majority of bbc out pourings these days.
And lets not forget John Gilbert Esmonde R,obert Edward Larbey ,,the good life
a top tv series again full of love for the human condition.

Wonderful cast for The good life

Easy going gentle humour

Margot was hilarious

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Wolfie
Allo Allo is very funny, written by David Croft and Jimmy Perry, they also wrote other very funny sit cons
Dads Army
Are you being served
It ain’t half hot mum
Hi de Hi
You rang m lord
Allo Allo

I liked them all

the only one hubby doesnt have out of those is You Rang M'Lord

Others he has complete sets of and has enjoyed watching them. I've watched bits and pieces, some I've found funny, others not so much but then I have a strange sense of humour

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the only one hubby doesnt have out of those is You Rang M'Lord

Others he has complete sets of and has enjoyed watching them. I've watched bits and pieces, some I've found funny, others not so much but then I have a strange sense of humour

I liked You rang m lord

I like Su Pollard she’s nuts

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
My favourite shows I have watched this year during lockdown have been

Orphan Black - Netflix

Upload - Amazon Prime

Little fires everywhere - Amazon Prime

Good Omens - Amazon Prime

Just a few recommendations there, I’ve watched so many during lockdown but can’t remember them all off the top of my head!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Been redosing up on this, with Neflix.

Actually better than I remember it the first time round on terrestrial TV, 16 years ago..

Max68

Hi,

Actually better than I remember it the first time round on terrestrial TV, 16 years ago..

Hope you all don't mind me joining the conversation.

Jaylee, Life on Mars was great as too was the follow up Ashes to Ashes. In fact I preferred the follow up as it's set in the 80's so the music was more familiar to me.

I've been watching old Only Fools and Horses to keep my spirits up. Watching Del Boy fall through the bar still makes me laugh! Closest to that classic modern day is Lee Mack's Not Going Out. Been watching that as well and it's far funnier than most modern day stuff.

So few classic comedies these days. compared to the 70's and 80's.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Jaylee, Life on Mars was great as too was the follow up Ashes to Ashes. In fact I preferred the follow up as it's set in the 80's so the music was more familiar to me.

I've been watching old Only Fools and Horses to keep my spirits up. Watching Del Boy fall through the bar still makes me laugh! Closest to that classic modern day is Lee Mack's Not Going Out. Been watching that as well and it's far funnier than most modern day stuff.

Hi,

Being born in the late 60s, I'm a child of the 1970's. I did keep seeing the same maroon coloured Ford Capri parked up in various scenes throughout both seasons of LoM..
Lol, it was used in a stolen car chase ending on a football pitch? I can image the owner they sourced it from with this period drama.. "don't crash it!"

So, I was a teen in the 1980's. I missed out on Ashes when it was first aired 12 years ago? Now I've started "firing up the Quatro." :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

oh please do join in, the more the merrier

I bought hubby the box set of Only Fools, he loves it. (see previous posts about his BBC sitcom collection). I'm new to most of these tv shows as didnt watch much tv as a child/ teen. I only really started watching tv when I was pregnant with my eldest girl in the late 80's.

And to be fair I dont watch much tv now, just the odd thing that grasps my attention.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Orphan Black - Netflix

Upload - Amazon Prime

Just a few recommendations there, I’ve watched so many during lockdown but can’t remember them all off the top of my head!

Just bought Good Omens for the son for a Christmas present, looking forward to watching it

Reactions: Choosehappy

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

OMG I loved that series! It is my childhood and adolescence on a plate, since I grew up in Stockport at exactly that time period. Those orange buses are the ones I went to school on and I recognise a lot of the places - Stockport Council offices, and I think, the Victoria baths in Manchester were the morgue. But in fact a lot of the period locations are really the same place filmed from different angles, I guess a lot of the old Stockport is long gone.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Has anyone been watching the re run of Vera on ITV?

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love Gilmore Girls, I’m on atleast my 6th rewatch

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Orphan Black - Netflix

Upload - Amazon Prime

I kinda liked the premise of Orphan black. Then kinda lost interest, like I did with "Lost."

Jessica Jones. Was great. As a sort of "anti-hero." David Tennant as Killgrave. (The purple man.) Just nasty..

Reactions: Choosehappy

Max68

Wonderful cast for The good life

Easy going gentle humour

Margot was hilarious

I'm hoping that they show the Christmas one again over the festive period. The one where Tom makes Christmas hats out of newspapers and Margot wants the one made out of the Financial Times rather than The Mirror, or similar. As you say easy going gentle humour.

I've been watching a lot of Only Fools and Horses again. Simply IMO the best comedy ever, although not sure some episodes would get an airing today with some people so easy to offend!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive just finished watching tin star all 3 series one word BRILLIANT

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just completed Sweet home on Netflix.

The experience for me was like a George A Romero doing "Attack the block" meets a strange surreal dream i had a couple of years back..
Can't wait for season 2.