What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - sorry that you had such uncooperative Alders and look forward to seeing the larch and silver birch - they tend to make better sitters.
Thank you and absolutely! I shall be going back to Plein Air draw them, I will take a hammer and nails that should keep them sitting better, I'm not going to be frustrated and defeated by their inability to sit.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a crispy cream start the the day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of what can you cram into a three egg omelette came in at a flat fence sitting 5.0 this am

@Muddy Cyclist - sorry that you had such uncooperative Alders and look forward to seeing the larch and silver birch - they tend to make better sitters.
@gennepher - good luck with Bamboo-tinsel-wall - she is building a wall and they are paying for it.
@geefull - thank you, the acetone/ink drip is interesting. White nights watercolours looking great, I can hear that snow crunching under my boots - cold and crisp and even.

Listening to the news - so many people in tears about the upcycled tiers for next week - I will be listening to my simple clockwork data file in the depths of my noggin - stay away from everyone - wear my mask - wash my hands like Melvin in the film “As good as it gets”. Like Dracula, the virus needs to be invited over your threshold to do any damage. I recommend garlic. Sad that there seems to be more people now skewing the bell curve west of the 16th percentile.

Finally managed to watch the 2nd episode of Rob Rinder’s - My Family, The Holocaust and Me - desperate but well put together. I became a witness in the 1970’s when visiting Dachau and then again at Bergen-Belsen and lately at Auschwitz. The Rinder family lost most of their family at Treblinka.

Youngest granddaughter again today - what fun! Art today on rice paper and then again after applying a blue wash, to the back. Time for koffy. Have a great Tuesday.

View attachment 45669

View attachment 45668
Two for the price of one, I like both of these tree drawings, prefer the first before the wash, on this occasion. They look more like Alders than mine did. :)

Enjoy your grandad duties.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Archie had his foot 're-dressed and our vet is still not sure what it is. It hasn't started healing, and may possibly be a cyst or a reaction to something embedded in his paw.

A sample of what is inside the lump has been sent to the lab. Our vet said it looked like cream cheese. He had been given more antibiotics and has an appointment with vet on Wednesday and on Friday with the head vet. He is fed up with no walking but does like the extra chews.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

Mrs MC is insisting I wash the cars today, I tried telling her it's a waste of time with the damp roads but I got a scary look and so Camper Van and Golf wash, camper is black and will also need a polish to look OK in all fairness they have not been washed for over a month.

Then I need to try and record me singing the Bass and Playing Bass Recorder and then Mandolin for the virtual Cornish Carol I mentioned yesterday, I'm sure it's going to be very frustrating.

Enjoy the minutes of your day the best you are able. Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Archie had his foot 're-dressed and our vet is still not sure what it is. It hasn't started healing, and may possibly be a cyst or a reaction to something embedded in his paw.

A sample of what is inside the lump has been sent to the lab. Our vet said it looked like cream cheese. He had been given more antibiotics and has an appointment with vet on Wednesday and on Friday with the head vet. He is fed up with no walking but does like the extra chews.
Winner for BG reading, hug for poor Archie.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. So, my fbg was 4.2 but who knows the true level? Red meat, lamb shank in the IP, and alcohol , red wine and Armagnac, yesterday but resting pulse, weight and bg still in Happy Valley. I don't like it Sarge, it's too quiet. Yesterday was so very Elbow that I must give thanks for the Grace of God so freely bestowed on me. No intent to convert anyone or preach just the right thing to do. @dunelm we have watched the Rinder programmes. Harrowing at times and uplifting at others. Having been to Oradour-sur-Glane I'm not sure I could deal with visiting one of those places you managed. As for Tiers, vaccines, playing chicken with the EU - meh. The guy sitting firmly in Pseuds Corner has made a career out of yanking everyone's chain and there are enough buyers for that product just now. Toodle Pip

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember the days when Bin men walked to the back of your property, carried Bin on their backs, emptied them and then took them back to the rear of your house where they found them, what could be simpler?

I remember, mom had a corgi that hated the bin men so we had to keep her inside. The guys would open the back gate very slowly just in case. Their dedication to their job always earned them a good Xmas bonus which these Charlie's nowadays will never see. Same with coalman, he would bring sacks around the back (the dog liked him) and I would feed his horse carrots ;)

Listening to the news - so many people in tears about the upcycled tiers for next week - I will be listening to my simple clockwork data file in the depths of my noggin - stay away from everyone - wear my mask - wash my hands like Melvin in the film “As good as it gets”. Like Dracula, the virus needs to be invited over your threshold to do any damage. I recommend garlic. Sad that there seems to be more people now skewing the bell curve west of the 16th percentile.

Whilst I get that it must be frustrating I do admit to being fascinated by the power of social interaction. The 'need' is almost like watching addicts going through withdrawal.

Belonging to a group of humanity that spends its time at the very outskirts of society the main chatter on our forums is how fast people implode once the restraints are removed.

Wales is a good example at the moment. The second (literally) that lockdown ended they were in the pubs, no masks, no concept of personal safety etc. It all went to the wall in the frenzy to identify as part of a crowd. You can see that no-one cared that their actions will just bring about another lockdown.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used Manuka honey oftentimes on animals over the years, to the disapproval of the vet. Their expensive treatment did not work, and so I resorted back to the Manuka honey eventually.
Yes, I totally agree that Manuka honey is superb treatment. My only problem with it is that the dogs absolutely adore it so stopping them licking it off can be a challenge.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg this morning.

Slightly warmer morning here not particularly windy either.

Took a quick snap shot from my back yard unfortunately living in a teraced house the view out the back is a little restrictive but here goes.

Dawn2.jpg

lindisfel

Expert
Yes, I totally agree that Manuka honey is superb treatment. My only problem with it is that the dogs absolutely adore it so stopping them licking it off can be a challenge.
I did a silly trick whilst cutting my toenails about 10 days ago. I cut into my big toe, not a lot, but enough!
I got a new pair of brutal curved sprung cutters, they don't have much feel.
(Its bit like driving a R.R. with the first power steering they had!)
It doesn't heal up so well on an anticoagulant and I got a slight infection and I have been bathing it with dettol for days now.
Anyway, to cut a lot story short I asked the diabetic nurse to get a topical antibiotic cream prescribed and I shall go in and get it this am.
She wanted me to go in but I didn't want to take up their valuable time.
Certainly if it doesn't work I'll try some Manuka honey, but it must get on ones socks! I guess animals don't have that problem.D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a silly trick whilst cutting my toenails about 10 days ago. I cut into my big toe, but enough!
I git a new pair of brutal curved sprung cutters, they don't have much feel.
(Its bit like driving a R.R. with the first power steering!)
It doesn't heal up so well on an anticoagulantand I got a slight infection and I have been bathing it with dettol for days now.
Anyway to cut a lot story short I asked the diabetic nurse to get a topical antibiotic cream prescribed and I shall go in and get it this am.
She wanted me to go in but I didn't want to take up their valuable time for them.
Certainly if it doesn't work I'll try some Manuka honey, but it must get on ones socks! I guess animals don't have that problem.D.
A serious problem but I feel we get on well enough for you to know where this is coming from

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a silly trick whilst cutting my toenails about 10 days ago. I cut into my big toe, but enough!
I git a new pair of brutal curved sprung cutters, they don't have much feel.
(Its bit like driving a R.R. with the first power steering!)
It doesn't heal up so well on an anticoagulantand I got a slight infection and I have been bathing it with dettol for days now.
Anyway to cut a lot story short I asked the diabetic nurse to get a topical antibiotic cream prescribed and I shall go in and get it this am.
She wanted me to go in but I didn't want to take up their valuable time for them.

I got a pair of those spring cutters to cut my thick toenails, and did the same to my big toe. I am looking at my big toe in amazement wondering where all the blood was coming from. My brain didn't compute immediately...

Then I realised I had done it. So this was masking tape and kitchen roll to stem the bleeding. Once it stopped I used Bee Propolis Tincture (this price is for 3 bottles, but one will last a long time. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bee-Health-Propolis-Tincture-30ml/dp/B019CIN9IK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bee-Health-Propolis-Tincture-30ml/dp/B019CIN9IK
And I use it for animals as well. I have used this since the 1970's. It is my great standby. You could get a lot more leaflets in those days what these things could do, but now there is the internet.

And I use Manuka honey as well. All the good things come from bees.

Take care.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you by any chance thinking of doing what @lindisfel suggested? If you need any help I would be happy to act a the lookout.

I am going one better...details will be revealed later, photographs may be available in a few days or so. This is going to take some considerable planning @Krystyna23040

I am enjoying this new venture....

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember, mom had a corgi that hated the bin men so we had to keep her inside. The guys would open the back gate very slowly just in case. Their dedication to their job always earned them a good Xmas bonus which these Charlie's nowadays will never see. Same with coalman, he would bring sacks around the back (the dog liked him) and I would feed his horse carrots ;)

Whilst I get that it must be frustrating I do admit to being fascinated by the power of social interaction. The 'need' is almost like watching addicts going through withdrawal.

Belonging to a group of humanity that spends its time at the very outskirts of society the main chatter on our forums is how fast people implode once the restraints are removed.

Wales is a good example at the moment. The second (literally) that lockdown ended they were in the pubs, no masks, no concept of personal safety etc. It all went to the wall in the frenzy to identify as part of a crowd. You can see that no-one cared that their actions will just bring about another lockdown.

Ah, the good old days of binmen going above and beyond, my parents gave a Xmas bonus of a 10 shilling note to them in the 1950's and to the coalmen too and others, they really worked for their money @Alien Aspie

I don't understand this need for social interaction either. I have always been a loner. Having a conversation with my post office lady once a fortnight or so when I buy my stamps for my postcrossing postcards is enough interaction with society for me.

Back outside again now for my new plan for outside the bathroom window, which does overlook my horrible neighbour's bedroom by the way...this is getting to be great fun.......it will be artistic...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going one better...details will be revealed later, photographs may be available in a few days or so. This is going to take some considerable planning @Krystyna23040

I am enjoying this new venture....
Intriguing - no idea what the word means- a big boy told me to use it then ran away. While I'm here I thought I'd share my worries about the tears the Tiers could cause me. Julie has obviously been the support bubble for almost 91 yo MIL so she will be with us for Christmas regardless. What Tier we are in before Dec 2nd will be mission critical. Previous Christmas day with just us 3, I spent 3 full sessions in the gym plus a long dog walk. Her and Julie watched musicals and I wouldn't have gotten away with two .... Now, if we are in Tier 1 I can probably lever the clauses in Bank of Dad Ts and Cs to get my gym fixed. If anywhere higher and I may be looking at sewing mail bags for life. You do see my problem don't ya?

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - many hugs for the horrible neighbour, I think your idea of utilising your bamboo has real promise, pictures please ;)

art bit -
thank you for the compliments on my sparkly sea, done with dry brush and luck :) I know what I wanted and sometimes it works :hilarious:

after my snow attempt of the other day today's attempt is looking at the colour palette and is after a snowscape by an artist called Maria Ginzburg. Slightly larger than A5 and done with my white nights watercolours.

View attachment 45664

Oh I will deliver some photos, but this is going to take some planning and execution...

And the ideas keep coming...

This snow scene is beautiful @geefull
I love seeing what you paint each day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - good luck with Bamboo-tinsel-wall - she is building a wall and they are paying for it.

Youngest granddaughter again today - what fun! Art today on rice paper and then again after applying a blue wash, to the back. Time for koffy. Have a great Tuesday.

View attachment 45669

View attachment 45668
This wall building/Xmas decorations is getting interesting, ideas coming thick and fast, as they usually do with me. I have a video in my head how this is going to go, but unfortunately don't have the technology to download it...yet...

This time I am not so keen on the blue, usually I love your blues. So I have to say the first one is my favourite.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I love the skies at evening and early morning. Thanks John, I hope and pray your son is feeling better.
Atb
Derek
Adrian is a lot better now and has persuaded the powers that be that it would be a good idea for those of them isolating confined to their rooms to be able to spend an hour in the mornings and afternoon out side for exorcise (as long as precautions are taken) which they have permitted so at least he is able to get out of his "cell" for a while each day now.