COVID vaccination

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and this is a bad thing? Why would that be?
You think that one man and his fortune being the largest contributor to the WHO is a good thing?
One man who is on record saying that the global population needs to reduce?
One man who can apparently just meet up with heads of state on a whim simply because of his enormous wealth?
If you are ok with that then great..

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You think that one man and his fortune being the largest contributor to the WHO is a good thing?
One man who is on record saying that the global population needs to reduce?
One man who can apparently just meet up with heads of state on a whim simply because of his enormous wealth?
If you are ok with that then great..

If this was the case, why would he plough millions in malaria research, which seems to be doing a pretty good job at keep populations in check...

and vaccines, generally?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If this was the case, why would he plough millions in malaria research, which seems to be doing a pretty good job at keep populations in check...

and vaccines, generally?

Thats the $844 mio question.. why would he do this..megalomania?

I seriously doubt it's philanthropy as every year he ends up richer however much he "gives away" but still controls..

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
America clocked up over 1 million new cases in the first 5 days of December, and is currently doubling this statistic in less than 3 months,. So which part of Pandemic are we misusing? Should we be downgrading it to an Epidemic that has gone worldwide? Like we do with hurricanes and typhoons and other things we don't like. Our hospitals are being swamped, our funeral directors are body stacking in refrigerated lorries. We are running out of care support staff well enough to do what they need to, and soon hospitals will be turning sick patients away at the doors. And yet the naysayers persist with their unfounded claims and erroneous 'facts'. As far as I( can see the procedures being followed are fairly sensible considering the alternatives. Covid will not be conducive to a peace treaty, but it will certainly leave us with prisoners. A vaccination that so far has been demonstrated to be effective and without significant adverse damage should be welcomed,

Mind you, this discussion becomes academic since this coming week sees the start of the rollout, and the first batch of vaccine was delivered to Croydon Hospital this afternoon. So we will soon be starting to collate the necessary data from the public at large warts and all.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can only speak for myself, but I am waiting for an exploratory procedure at my local hospital, which normally would have been done in a matter of days, but my consultant has admitted that due to Covid-19 causing problems and delays, I will not be seen until sometime around February.
As an aside, my GP practice is on emergency staffing only, the doctors and nurses are self isolating, apparently there is some sort of virus going around.

edit: to remove irrelevant comment

Last edited:

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I can only speak for myself, but I am waiting for an exploratory procedure at my local hospital, which normally would have been done in a matter of days, but my consultant has admitted that due to Covid-19 causing problems and delays, I will not be seen until sometime around February.
As an aside, my GP practice is on emergency staffing only, the doctors and nurses are self isolating, apparently there is some sort of virus going around.

edit: to remove irrelevant comment

Nothing here about delays to non-covid treatment surprises me in the slightest. How many people have had eg cancer treatment delayed.?

Reactions: Dazzyd

Dazzyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Possibly because a 7 month trial is in no way considered long enough to uncover any possible side effects?
Seems quite a sensible reaction to me.
In total agreement with you - I have no idea how many "trials" have discovered side-effects years down the line - a year even and as such the drug has been pulled... Yes the development might have been shrunk into 9 months by everyone working 24/7 but long-term effects cannot be found... For the record I had it back in October 2019, a week of flu-like symptoms and a dry cough that took 5 months to go away but at 55 I still trust my (weakend) immune system over the crud that gets included in a vaccine that you need a test to tell if you're positive for the virus and most have a 99% chance of recovering... If you want to self-isolate, I'm not stopping you but don't take away my freedoms for a tiny %age of the populos...

Reactions: Ymdawd

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seven months for a trial that should normally take years, no chance I’m taking it unless I’m forced to at work. I will eventually take it once I know people aren’t growing extra ears or bursting into flames but diabetic or not I ain’t being anyone’s trial beagle. Remember the miracle thalidomide treatment for pregnant women...yes it wasn’t a vaccine but regardless I ain’t trusting no vaccine for now
Extra ears could be removed surgically but bursting into flames?;)

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In total agreement with you - I have no idea how many "trials" have discovered side-effects years down the line - a year even and as such the drug has been pulled... Yes the development might have been shrunk into 9 months by everyone working 24/7 but long-term effects cannot be found... For the record I had it back in October 2019, a week of flu-like symptoms and a dry cough that took 5 months to go away but at 55 I still trust my (weakend) immune system over the crud that gets included in a vaccine that you need a test to tell if you're positive for the virus and most have a 99% chance of recovering... If you want to self-isolate, I'm not stopping you but don't take away my freedoms for a tiny %age of the populos...
Your right to choose for yourself directly affects my choice to live, Innoculation is only as effective as the percentage of people vaccinated.

I used to design safety equipment for aircraft, trains, ships, and baby incubators. When you go on holiday you are relying on computer systems I designed and built, I went to work every day thinking and doing my utmost to make sure that the equipment I was responsible for was safe and reliable, I was mindful of your safety at all times,

It is sad that you are so selfish, Maybe I goofed up somewhere, Think of this when next you travel anywhere, After all, only God is perfect.

Reactions: MarkW3194

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
For the record I had it back in October 2019, a week of flu-like symptoms
Are you in the UK? If so, this must have been one of the very first cases...... anywhere.
Where do you think you picked it up?
I don't suppose there was a test to confirm it back then...... though some suggest the tests are just random number generators.a

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was born with active chickenpox, I contracted TB as a 4 year old, and spent 9 months on an isolation ward in Germany. I had no visitors during that time due to it being in lockdown and there being no proper treatment during the TB epidemic after WWII ended, I have come into close contact with active carriers of TB since but had natural immunity, I still cannot donate blood as result, I have had all 3 MMR diseases naturally, and bouts of flu of various strains including Asian Flu, I have been in contact with malaria, dengue fever, typhus, and paratyphoid when I lived in Africa but had been vaccinated before I went, so was safe, I have had the smallpox vaccination. The only vaccines I had in my early years were Polio (there was an epidemic in UK when I was at school, but we all missed it, Also Pertussis vaccination although I did suffer Croup as a baby. So I am familiar with vaccinations, and the need for them. This SARS one is no different in my view, so I will take it when offered next year,

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your right to choose for yourself directly affects my choice to live, Innoculation is only as effective as the percentage of people vaccinated.

The vaccine neither prevents onward infection nor removes the risk of catching it ...it simply (hopefully) reduces the effect of symptoms we are now being told.. one does have to wonder what the point is..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The vaccine neither prevents onward infection nor removes the risk of catching it ...it simply (hopefully) reduces the effect of symptoms we are now being told.. one does have to wonder what the point is..

It probably means you & i can meet up in a pub for a drink. (LC of course.)
Chew the fat over vaccination choice & both have peace of mind regarding the outcome should either of us contract it...? ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It probably means you & i can meet up in a pub for a drink. (LC of course.)
Chew the fat over vaccination choice & both have peace of mind regarding the outcome should either of us contract it...? ;)
Well we both have a 99.7% chance of surviving COVID.. the vaccine we don't know yet.
I'll take my immune system thanks.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eh????? Where did you get that story from? Efficacy in a vaccine means that it is preventing caching and incubation of a disease, How many more times do I have to say it is NOT required to prevent onward transmission, though that would be nice, Ir is not primarily aimed at reducing symptoms. It is there as a prophylactic only. That is what vaccines do. It says so on the tin and is what the application for emergency use is claiming.

"Of the 170 cases of Covid-19 Pfizer observed in its trial, 162 occurred in the placebo group and just eight among the group that got its two-dose vaccine. Of the 10 cases of severe Covid-19, nine were in the placebo group, an important finding which suggests the vaccine prevents not only mild cases, but the type of serious disease that leads patients to die or be hospitalized."

Last edited:
Reactions: hankjam

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eh????? Where did you get that story from? Efficacy in a vaccine means that it is preventing caching and incubation of a disease, How many more times do I have to say it is NOT required to prevent onward transmission, though that would be nice, Ir is not primarily aimed at reducing symptoms. It is there as a prophylactic only. That is what vaccines do. It says so on the tin and is what the application for emergency use is claiming.

Vaccinated people still caught COVID so it's not exactly a magic bullet and no-one as yet knows whether it can stop onward transmission as the trial results still haven't been published or reviewed. And likely won't be until 2022/3..

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well we both have a 99.7% chance of surviving COVID.. the vaccine we don't know yet.
I'll take my immune system thanks.
You are quoting the UK Gov estimate which varies between 0,5% to 1% of dying but no estimate for any suffering from long term disability, The WHO figures currently show a 5% death rate from Covid, which is above the world average of 4%. I do not trust the UK Gov in this, Most people use the Johns Hopkins databases, but not those in Trumpland or Borisland it seems,

Not sure where you are intending to take your immune system, but I hope it will be far away from me. Assumes too that Covid will not decide for you beforehand which is a reality we all live with at the moment,