Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hi guys

With little time to go now I thought I would get the ball rolling. I know that not everyone enjoys/celebrates Christmas and that this year it may be a little different for some. Some may find themselves away from family and feeling lonely, so I wanted to create a thread because I am the most festive person you’ll find. I LOVE Christmas because for me it has always been centered around family and loved ones and those special to you. This forum and all the people I am meeting on here are special to me because they have helped me tremendously and if you are to be alone this year for Christmas, or if you just love Christmas as much as I do please seek solace/fun in this thread. Come here over the Christmas period and have a little natter. Let us know what you are going to cook for your Christmas lunch, tell us your funny stories about past Christmas’s, what you could ask Santa for (if he was real). Hope I haven’t just spoilt that for anyone!

Let’s just have a laugh because it isn’t just Christmas, this year especially, it is a time to be grateful for all that we have. It’s been a terrible terrible year, globally - for everyone, and in so many different ways! What are you grateful for this year? What are your New Years resolutions.

I will start, so:

Christmas Dinner: Lamb, roasted vegetables. Fruit dessert. Bought a variety of dark chocolates to trial for a nice luxury evening snack... shhhhhhh (it’s Christmas and a one off!)

Funny past Christmas Story: Watching my little brother opening a present from a relative when we were younger. It was a sponge duck and soap and he absolutely hated it and chucked it across the room. It was the first time I had ever seen someone be so ungrateful yet it was hilarious (he was only about 4-5 years old)

I’m asking Santa for: A holiday, preferably Japan, Tokyo, my favourite place in the world! (Just need to start saving!)

New Years resolution: I have a few but my favourite one is - to remember how lucky I am to be here and to practice being at peace and happy in every moment - to change my mindset and stop stressing!

Your turn!

Reactions: LaoDan

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Hmmm well? This year It's a "bubble" thing. I have 3 sisters. the two eldest are together. (One recently lost her husband. Widowed.)
Then there is my younger sister & her family who also care for our mum.

That leaves My wife & I.. We plan lamb, my Wife is a fan. I really don't do desert. there will be some video calls.

Funny Christmas story.? OK. (You don't wanna know how i found out about Santa's true "status" in the "grand scheme of things..") ;) There sort of comes a time every kid needs to tap into the reality.

So i will tell you this one.
Spent Christmas round my parents place. The men of the family, 2 brother in laws, myself & my dad (alive at the time.) had all been given gifts by my mum she wanted us all to open them at the same time.

So we did... Mum couldn't contain herself, she literally fell about in tears laughing.
So, we are all glancing at each other as we take the paper off the boxed gift about the size of a packaged bottle of Scotch, but somehow too light in the weight?

It suddenly became apparent what she had "lovingly" wrapped.

Garden gnomes...???!!!

Fair play to my mum. The gift of laughter. It was hilarious to see the look on the other recipients faces, not one of us are a patron of these garden ornament monstrosities. :hilarious:

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Hmmm well? This year It's a "bubble" thing. I have 3 sisters. the two eldest are together. (One recently lost her husband. Widowed.)

That leaves My wife & I.. We plan lamb, my Wife is a fan. I really don't do desert. there will be some video calls.

Funny Christmas story.? OK. (You don't wanna know how i found out about Santa's true "status" in the "grand scheme of things..") ;) There sort of comes a time every kid needs to tap into the reality.

Spent Christmas round my parents place. The men of the family, 2 brother in laws, myself & my dad (alive at the time.) had all been given gifts by my mum she wanted us all to open them at the same time.

So we did... Mum couldn't contain herself, she literally fell about in tears laughing.
So, we are all glancing at each other as we take the paper off the boxed gift about the size of a packaged bottle of Scotch, but somehow too light in the weight?

Garden gnomes...???!!!

Fair play to my mum. The gift of laughter. It was hilarious to see the look on the other recipients faces, not one of us are a patron of these garden ornament monstrosities. :hilarious:
Garden gnome? Now that's a good idea for a present!

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hi,

Garden gnomes...???!!!

Haha amazing! I might take her idea! I always like to do a silly gift for my partner, One year I found some ‘poo’ playing cards. Safe to say he wasn’t impressed