Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My GP quoted that figure too, the surgery are collecting information about who is still ill, and retrospectively diagnosing covid-19 in the face of so many not being able to be tested at the time in the early months.

I was asked a number of questions, by phone, before she confirmed that my experiences fitted a diagnosis. Which is all that would have been possible at the time, as testing wasn't available then. They are being thorough in their actions.

I am aware that long covid-19 clinics and funding will be made available soon by the government. It's about time it was given the publicity it needs.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit worried about this para in it
"Long Covid is thought to affect about 10% of 18- to 49-year-olds, rising to one in five among the over-70s."
10% of what? Positive test results, or ICU admissions, or what. Seems to be a very high figure.
It seems to be the same diagnostic process as ME/CFS and based on patients ringing the surgery with these symptoms which are affecting their daily lives.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A related process is autophagy, which is being touted by nutritionists as a means for preserving lifespan, which in these days of Covid sounds a good idea. This forum already describes methods of triggering autophagy without consuming any OTC supplements or meds. I believe it is connected, since it seems autophagy only occurs while we are asleep, so is in a way triggered by Melatonin. The research in the link I am responding to above skirts around this without mentioning it by name, since autophagy is not recognised by the medics, Neither is the simple cure (LCHF / Keto diets / fasting) but these techniques are becoming increasingly added to the anti cancer, anti Parkinsons, anti Alzheimers arsenal of support treatments. IMHO I think we will be hearing more of this 'technology' soon.

https://www.healthline.com/health/autophagy#diet