1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by Bill_St, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jamie H

Jamie H · Well-Known Member

My aplogies I did think I had edited this when I saw you mention particular nuances that were quite relevant to you and would naturally make you anxious. My aplogies it didn't edit correctly and if I came across as insensitive. Even my general point about age isn't meant to be flippant.. I have elderly parents that I worry a lot about and the impact it would have on them if they got it. Nevermind my own associated risk even as a younger well controlled diabetic!

2. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

no worries!

I am just delighted that we (everyone!) seems to be (very slowly) moving out of the COVID ‘Dark Ages’ and people are starting to get a handle on some of the specifics.

• Like Like x 1
  3. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. milesrf

milesrf Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've read that lying chest down in bed instead of the usual chest up often helps those with lung problems, due to a different part of the lungs being used the most.

Also, I'd expect paint stores to be a possible place to get masks.

If you decide that cloth masks are adequate, rather than the medical grade, I've found information on the internet about how to make those.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1965 milesrf, Sep 24, 2020 at 9:02 PM
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  6. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook