bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you eat eggs you are allegedly
fat, sick, poor and stupid..
from the "study" as I'll loosely term it..I mean no confounders there whatsoever...

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 09.47.19.png

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I read this. Am I stupid on this subject? I've always understood that the cholesterol released into the blood stream comes from the liver and is affected by many things including your genetics. The fat you eat goes thru a fairly complex process and I don't believe much if any is re-absorbed back into the blood stream directly as 'cholesterol'? Does anyone know more on this? Am I wrong?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you eat eggs you are allegedly
fat, sick, poor and stupid..
from the "study" as I'll loosely term it..I mean no confounders there whatsoever...

View attachment 47371

Yes, so it's not the 'smoking or the sugar sweetened beverages' etc causing the problem, it's the EGGS! How the heck do they pick out ONE food item amongst all of the facets involved and say that's the culprit. Never mind that the simple egg is and has always been a pretty staple item for most people. I imagine asking anybody in any set of circumstances with ALL manner of health conditions, 'Do you eat eggs' and the answer would be YES. Apart from Edwina obv.

Reactions: oldgreymare

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not fat BMI 18 not sick (except for the diabetes which doesn't count ) ,poor ok ! but not stupid enough to believe this rubbish .My neighbour has just given us 1 dozen free range eggs from his father's farm near Pendle hill I might just eat a few for lunch :)
Carol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love eggs, boiled, scrambled, poached, fried, more like the paper is no good, not the delicious eggs.
First thing on list when I googled eggs :
1. Incredibly Nutritious
  • Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
  • Folate: 5% of the RDA.
  • Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
  • Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA.
  • Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
  • Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA.
  • Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
  • Eggs also contain decent amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B6, calcium and zinc.

Jbicheno

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that’s me in the Big Trouble Club too. I eat at least 3 a day!
These reports are, in my opinion, ridiculous re cholesterol. My cholesterol is fine, my blood glucose is fine (in normal levels) and my blood pressure is fine. I prefer to avoid sugar, carbs and convenience meals.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get through about 63 a week.... so I'll join you both in the Big trouble club. :D
9 eggs a day!!!! It may not be bad for your health but the hydrogen sulphide might be a danger to everyone else.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm...300mg cholesterol on top of the cholesterol in egg.

I wonder who sponsored this? They mention substituting nuts and legumes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I read this. Am I stupid on this subject? I've always understood that the cholesterol released into the blood stream comes from the liver and is affected by many things including your genetics. The fat you eat goes thru a fairly complex process and I don't believe much if any is re-absorbed back into the blood stream directly as 'cholesterol'? Does anyone know more on this? Am I wrong?
Exactly.. "study" not worth the electrons it is reported in..

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Yes, so it's not the 'smoking or the sugar sweetened beverages' etc causing the problem, it's the EGGS! How the heck do they pick out ONE food item amongst all of the facets involved and say that's the culprit. Never mind that the simple egg is and has always been a pretty staple item for most people. I imagine asking anybody in any set of circumstances with ALL manner of health conditions, 'Do you eat eggs' and the answer would be YES. Apart from Edwina obv.

I've just cooked a large omelette for lunch and I'm completely eggstatic about it.

The report doesn't even look like it's been peer reviewed thoroughly and the cynic in me suspects it was sponsored by the Hen Liberation Front...