What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right, my digital painting of a secret deserted beach, aided by a pestiferous cat. I have had him in an armlock, wrestled the iPad from him, stuffed him between the blankets but he is very quick at tunnelling out again, got out of my nice warm bed to feed him but he said he wanted a different food sachet opening, he is not giving up. So this is not what I intended, but it is a real place, albeit I have spooky photos of it. How much is Popeye and how much is me, I do not know...

He now has me in an armlock, both his arms round my neck. Arms? I had better get my claws out...

View attachment 47578
Where did you say that secret beach was? Some nice reflections from you today.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and thus I have my first vaccination on March 2.

although Mrs Passive Aggressive up the road OF COURSE was the only person in our road to get an infection from the needle, she claims.

great news for jab.

had mine other day, nothing untoward at all.
(might change once 2nd head starts to interrupt me in conversations, mind :bag: )

sound like you travel, 20+ years here of vaccination and or boosters for all sorts,
and a flu jab every year, this was by far one of the easiest jabs i ever had.

i call BS on my ladies claim..:rolleyes:

enjoy getting back to eating real foods..:D

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A day of failed recordings of a glee with two bass parts to sing. Enough they will have to do without my voice I give in. :banghead:

Finished my tree A3 watercolour with Stile. This is supposed to be an Oak which is by a Stile we regularly clamber over on walks into Trent Valley....
IMG_4506.JPG

One more heathland painting to do then my son wants three big abstract stormy seascapes, no idea how they will turn out may have to use oils.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where did you say that secret beach was? Some nice reflections from you today.
Well, I was coming back from somewhere, going to somewhere @Muddy Cyclist And I was videoing my day's escapades for a friend in hospital. I came upon this place, and took lots of photos. The light was fading, and it was so spooky I kept looking behind me. A statue I photographed appeared to move, and carried on spooking me even though it was now out of sight...everywhere was totally deserted...
That's it....

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I prefer holding a squealing baby pig to what Popeye was like this morning.

Probably Popeye will say Popgenn.....

That's the name I been hearing so much about.
don't ask Miaow I heard it, I just did.

Be looking out for more from this budding new artiste

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day of failed recordings of a glee with two bass parts to sing. Enough they will have to do without my voice I give in. :banghead:

Finished my tree A3 watercolour with Stile. This is supposed to be an Oak which is by a Stile we regularly clamber over on walks into Trent Valley....
View attachment 47589

One more heathland painting to do then my son wants three big abstract stormy seascapes, no idea how they will turn out may have to use oils.
I love this @Muddy Cyclist
Brings me peace...

Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 47589

A Rather splendid piece, @Muddy Cyclist ...Nice

Reactions: ianpspurs

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
I was exceptionally slow in realising what the apple round your wrist meant @BRSBRI
:banghead:
Don't worry, you've got to the core of the matter now and haven't been pipped :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's the name I been hearing so much about.
don't ask Miaow I heard it, I just did.

Be looking out from more from this budding artiste
You will have to wait day or so @jjraak because tomorrow's painting has nearly been completed, and his Lordship has been a static lap hot water bottle this afternoon, and also a willing static easel for my iPad...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beaches:
There were some beautiful deserted beaches on the West coast of N.Z. South Island, but you couldn't tarry because the blasted sand flies would pester the life out of you.

We spent an evening on the beach at Punakaiki watching the Westland Black Petrels come in from the sea to go into the rain forest where they laid eggs and incubated their young in winter in excavated burrows.

D.

Look Nice..a little wild

300px-Punakaiki_-_looking_south.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Evening one and all - and hope Friday has been gorgeous. Hideous weather - a bit like a Glasgow summer day of my misspent yoof.

Date night has commenced in the BRS house. This sums it up thus far...
upload_2021-2-19_17-52-41.png

I'm cooking : shish kebabs, lemon aoli, a massif salad with bits and to finish she torments me with chocolate pudding and I have yoghurt. The joys of T2...

Ended the afternoon at 5.7mmol after lunch of sardines and a pathetically healthy celery thing.

Then, worringly - her choice of film for sofa cuddling is Silence of The Lambs. Just as well we've Chianti to drink...

Cheers!

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
@jjraak and even worse, the car dealer sent a photo of the Stinger just off the transporter. Now Mrs BRS likes it and says she bags it first when it gets delivered week after next...my life. After all that earache too...;) Is it any wonder my BG levels are so volatile at times??!!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey @Krystyna23040 on the Mah Jong game
I have been playing 3 dimensional Mah Jong game suspended in the air as a huge block and it moves, for years and still haven't progressed beyond beginner stage! But I am happy with the game!
And I do Solitaire. Now I am pretty good at that. My aim is to win 13 games in a row before I put it down...
I have played Solitaire since I was a child, and still have my miniature double pack of solitaire cards. And still have my normal sized pack with pictures of poodles on the back...
I cannot imagine going back to a normal deck of cards.
@gennepher level 306 is not as good as it sounds because it stays at the beginner level and doesn't get harder. So I win every game - which is why I love it and find it really relaxing.

My other favourite is a a more challenging mah jong on my PC - which I downloaded many years ago in XP days, and luckily still works on Windows 10. I only win rarely but still find it an enjoyable and relaxing game.

Winning 15 games of Solitaire in a row is really impressive.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak and even worse, the car dealer sent a photo of the Stinger just off the transporter. Now Mrs BRS likes it and says she bags it first when it gets delivered week after next...my life. After all that earache too...;) Is it any wonder my BG levels are so volatile at times??!!

it's that food off our plate thing, init.

i ask "Hungry ? "
no thanks.
."Ok"

cook dinner for a one,
and then it's all "ooh that looks nice , can i have a little bit (aka half........HALF :wideyed::woot:...:banghead: )

Sad, but if she's keen it's nice to share.

You drive to the Pub,
she drives home...WIN :D

You KNOW it makes sense..;)

Reactions: gennepher