What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember being horrified to read in a National newspaper a few years ago that Holkham Beach was one of Norfolk's best kept secrets. Well, unfortunately, it was until then.

I hate it when newspapers/magazines publish features about some area's "best kept secrets." It happens in this country far too often and I always think "You idjits!"

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.3 for me today. Surprised after an evening meal of Baked Cauliflower, Root Veg, Garlic and Halloumii, seasoned with Sumac, black pepper and Corriander.

Damp and dull here so a day getting on top of things, mainly music.

Keep safe, dry and warm.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 for me
FB_IMG_1613155696638.jpg

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Happy Friday everyone! Having worked from home since last March, one day pretty much blends into the next!

Fasting blood this morning was 6.1 mmol.
Breakfast upcoming requires every window open as it's kippers with butter and a single poached egg to keep them company.

Working a ½ day today, finishing at 1. Have decided to have date night with Mrs BRS as the kids have flown the nest leaving us with a mad poodle and delinquent Maine Coon...

Any suggestions for romance CPR???
upload_2021-2-19_7-38-42.png

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day the does not know what it’s going to do here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and chips on the beach yesterday came in at 6.2 this am - ouch - but yummy.

New tax code notice arrived in the post yesterday from the excise people - I know - it’s exciting stuff - fair takes your breath away. I need to go online, check and possibly amend what info they have - tax for smuggling rum and port sounds a bit harsh.

An owl today - A4 on rice paper - hope that everyone has a fabulous Friday, koffy time.

upload_2021-2-19_8-8-55.jpeg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
5.5 this morning. My first try was 9.0 which was a bit of a shock so washed hands and was relieved to get a 5.5.
Phew! Well done. Thought you should win the Friday prize of a brand new Apple Watch Mark ½ ;) with that great FBG!

Happy Friday!

upload_2021-2-19_8-9-30.png

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to super salmon and avo salad day. Half time score (3.43 am) 4.6 full time 5.1 (5.44 am) Studio pundits say don't sack the manager but overall performance well short of the best. Settling in to new stadium, no home crowd, coming back from long term injury, summer side really. @Muddy Cyclist Purcell washes ears whiter; @geefull great art and hope jab goes well. @karen8967 and @BRSBRI , well mememing posts. @SaskiaKC good to have you back. @Krystyna23040 - Holkham Beach a secret? and several others.
Edit: Sorry Julie. Star player still missing, helping new signing settle in.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With the forum stalling and causing me heartache, let me repost the message I was writing ;)
Mrs BRS has also ordered a dishwasher today but as I flooded the kitchen in our last place, the only tool was me - she'd be delighted to embarrass me with the full nightmare on Elm St saga. @Muddy Cyclist

@gennepher - I hear you ...Bath's sunny spring like day brought hordes onto the streets...and I saw 2 nice young PCs handing out covid violation tickets to a group from London. They did however oooh and ahhh over Arthur, the tart masquerading as a standard poodle!! ;)
Last time I was in Bath was when my daughter was doing her PhD and I visited often in the 90's for other things too. Under normal circumstances it was always very crowded, so what it is like now with all these 'visitors' I dread to think @BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. I gave you an optimistic because with no one going abroad, or to the seaside or shopping centres I am afraid Little Britain is getting rather crowded, wilderness Is hard to find and be alone in. :(
At least we can paint desolate and deserted places @Muddy Cyclist
Just delete all the people from paintings. I virtually never paint people anyway...at least not in English paintings...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love Suduko and Mah Jong and find them really relaxing but sometimes do wonder if I should be doing something more productive.

I have now got to level 306 on a new Mah Jong game I started not that long ago.
Blimey @Krystyna23040 on the Mah Jong game
I have been playing 3 dimensional Mah Jong game suspended in the air as a huge block and it moves, for years and still haven't progressed beyond beginner stage! But I am happy with the game!
And I do Solitaire. Now I am pretty good at that. My aim is to win 13 games in a row before I put it down...
I have played Solitaire since I was a child, and still have my miniature double pack of solitaire cards. And still have my normal sized pack with pictures of poodles on the back...
I cannot imagine going back to a normal deck of cards.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.7 today

a mild day but with a very brisk wind from the sea here so mr gee and I got our walk in early then did some garden tidying.

Tomorrow we go over to collect mum to take her to get her pension so I hope it stays dry ;)
Mum says Katy isn't keen to go out in the garden today when it's really windy, she's fine with the soggy snowy ground but less so with the wind flapping her ears about :hilarious:

Phone call just before 5pm today from our Health Centre, I'm booked in for my jab next Tuesday morning :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@jjraak - great progress all round :joyful:

@gennepher - selfie? very nice ;) Popeye looks properly appreciative :)

@dunelm - A fine kingfisher and your always excellent bamboo, I do appreciate how you've managed that minimal but effective background :joyful:

@BRSBRI - I suspect Katy would find Arthur a bit of a puzzle, kind of familiar but bigger... much bigger! :hilarious: (Katy is mum's little dog ).

View attachment 47565

@Muddy Cyclist - Splendid heathland painting. I especially love the way you have handled the colour through the landscape :joyful: and I look forward to the next A3 tree ;)
I enjoyed your Purcell rendition thank you, there is something very satisfying about his measured cadence :)

art bit - have a windswept tree ;) - based on a photo found online

View attachment 47566
Great news about getting the jab next week @geefull

Thank you for the selfie compliment :)

Deserted moors, a single windswept tree...just my kind of painting...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a day the does not know what it’s going to do here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and chips on the beach yesterday came in at 6.2 this am - ouch - but yummy.

New tax code notice arrived in the post yesterday from the excise people - I know - it’s exciting stuff - fair takes your breath away. I need to go online, check and possibly amend what info they have - tax for smuggling rum and port sounds a bit harsh.

An owl today - A4 on rice paper - hope that everyone has a fabulous Friday, koffy time.

View attachment 47575
This owl is absolutely fantastic @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know some deserted beaches @dunelm @Krystyna23040
My lips are sealed.....
t9008.gif
The idea of deserted beaches is appealing. The practicality of hauling all the needs of small children and old men miles from a car park and loo detracts massively. Super Landrover showroom (car park) at Holkham though - felt right at home. Wells is more practical.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay, my Fbg was 6.1

I had some letters and postcards to write this morning and get them to the postbox before 9 am to make sure they went today...

I did start a digital painting last night, but a lot more work is needed, so I will leave that for the mo.

The word/s today seem to be finding somewhere quiet/a secret/desolate?/no people?
So, I will now disappear with a coffee and see if I can fulfil that brief for a painting....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The idea of deserted beaches is appealing. The practicality of hauling all the needs of small children and old men miles from a car park and loo detracts massively. Super Landrover showroom (car park) at Holkham though - felt right at home. Wells is more practical.
I have done all that hauling and trekking in the past. Just find the nearest sand dune and dig a hole...
Worth it for a day on a secluded beach all to yourself....

Mind you, I cannot do all that trekking now...I just visit Google Earth now from my bed, and have a picnic in bed....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Here in Tilehurst Towers me and me's are not sure about today and what is in store for today, but with the truly excellent post from @karen8967 this morning I am grinning from ear to ear and the kind invitation from @Muddy Cyclist to join his recording sessions, but sorry this invitation will have to be declined, perhaps when I have mastered the scale of H#dim minor and my probation officer ( Mrs J ) allows.

This mornings reading of 6.8 thanks to roast shoulder lamb and naughty afters gave my meter something crow about.

Well it was a up and about promptly this morning, plinky plonky practice, dropping some tooling stuff that was given to me at charity stall on one of my walking routes, then back to face the wrath of Mrs J for not being here to make her early morning tea. Such is life.

A little fresh and windy here, how about you posters, painters and gamers? Not too windy me and me's hope.

Whatever your plans are may they be filled with cheer and best if you are painting better make it an indoor activity.

Stay well, stay safe and stay firmly anchored to terrafirma.