What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from fair to middling start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted vegetables topped with bacon and melted cheese came in at 5.0 this am

Youngest granddaughter - the bubbled one, was with us yesterday - don’t forget the tiny penguin comfort blanket as she won’t have a kip without it. Another letter from those nice folk at the NHS inviting me to book myself in for drops in the eye and an all day startled look - “are you Roy Orbison?”

@Muddy Cyclist - looking forward to your finished painting - as Gennepher says, first part is a good stand alone in iteslf.
@geefull - than you for your kind comments - another stonking winter landscape from you - top banana.
@gennepher - Stunning stunted tree against that brilliant light.

Stone the crows - I painted a fish yesterday but it came out looking like something that fish had evolved from - must have been it’s slippery scales - too much to handle. So - crow. Hope everyone has a superb Sunday, I am off for some koffy.

View attachment 47616
Thank you @dunelm
A very scary crow. There are two huge ravens on my cherry trees at the moment that are looking scarily big...

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always knew seaweed was the work of the devil;) What utter nonsense. If I stoke up on carbs, my meter reading will be on Mars before NASA starts exploring. If I eat kale, despite it tasting to me like it was passed through the duodenal tract of a passing seagull, I am a happy T2 ;)

Morning!
That's exactly what will happen to my blood sugars If I ate carbs. We could save.NASA billions.

The video was such utter tosh I couldn't believe it was serious.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well spotted, I need to read my posts a little better before hitting the publish button. SAUCE.:)

But as @alf_Josiah is so fond of telling us other options are available in all good dictionaries.
Hmm. @alf_Josiah eh? I find the Mrs A J approach usually works well with Alf's advice. One can't go wrong following the expert. What a shining example that sainted lady is to us all:angelic:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hmm. @alf_Josiah eh? I find the Mrs A J approach usually works well with Alf's advice. One can't go wrong following the expert. What a shining example that sainted lady is to us all:angelic:

One badly spelt word........ "deluded" :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Oh Alfred, you are such a wag. You should pay more attention to Mrs A J. That would save a world of pain.:angelic:

And where's the fun in that?
People pay good money for pain, me and me's get mine for free, mind you wife's are an expensive commodity :) .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And where's the fun in that?
People pay good money for pain, me and me's get mine for free, mind you wife's are an expensive commodity :) .
O sir, to wilful men, The injuries that they themselves procure Must be their schoolmasters

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Russel looks bootiful Bor, @dunelm For those who haven't done something equally amazing yet here's Billy. The Penguin book of pretentious quotes for very Z listers says Carpe Diem. This seems altogether more in tune with the spirit of these clown's New Golden Age:arghh: Just reliving my salad days . Who knows, Dan Fogleberg or Joe Vitale (not the author) may be next. When we get to the All Night Laundry Mat Blues (Joe Walsh) take the bottle away from me, put me to bed and I won't be at nets tomorrow:)

Does Russel crow with an Aussie accent - if not change his name to Maximus. Billy Cotton looks well - mind you, we all did back in those black and white days (not minstrels though and that jam seller). Salad days indeed, not too cold in blood though.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for heathland painting appreciation.

A strong and well caught pose for that fierce Corvid from you today. That stance is so familiar in crows and that glint of light in the eye brings the whole drawing to life. Well seen and drawn.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I am imagining it screaming ‘car, car’ to warn it’s mates out on the road pecking at road kill - So many killed by busses and lorries because those words are not in their lexicon.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished my last in heathland coloured skies. This is Woemere on Brocton Hieghts.

A4 Watercolour.....

IMG_4513.JPG

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Afternoon one and all. After a brunch of peppered mackerel, some horrifying green thaangs and a dark chocolate square or two with peanut butter slathered on top, 2¼ hours after finishing I was at 5.4mmol. Not so bad I suppose.

Dinner is roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding for her and a share of my asparagus, Mediterranean veg with some Angus roast beef. A tenner in M and S...my wee Scottish purse strings felt great :)

Video calls not with work but the daughters - one in Glasgow at Uni there, 4th year now, 1 more to go before she qualifies and the other currently stationed at Brize Norton. Nice to see them. One asking for a sub (not a sandwich sadly) and the other talking in riddles about plane things.

I hope Sunday is fab for all ;)

5c0f9e57ca5b7.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Took the diesel out today and filled up, first time for ages.

Went to have a look see if Overwater and Skiddaw were still there and snapped off a few pics.
No police guarding the back roads to the fells and ok to have a walk along the hill by the lake. Just Buzzards, Kestrel,
IMG_20210221_145742600_HDR_compress64.jpg
Tufties Goldeye and Teal in area.

IMG_20210221_144046850_HDR_compress95.jpg

Heres one of distant Western fells

IMG_20210221_144056965_HDR_compress6.jpg

Came back on Castle Inn/Ireby road and plenty of walkers parked up walking up Binsey from the watershed so they had an easy walk to the top with good views over the Solway Plain for a 1500 ft hill.
D.

Last edited: