What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

Sunday again, adds shape to the week ;)

Thinly sliced a couple of steaks and cooked with shallots and sliced mushrooms in a cream and paprika sauce today :) cauli, broccoli and carrots on the side.

Mum and mr gee had 'bread and butter pudding' made with a thinly sliced hot cross bun (which Mum bought when she went for her pension :)), the custard portion was a mixture of double cream, water and egg sweetened with a mixture of erythritol and truvia to keep the carbs down. More cream to serve with.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - love today's ninja oak tree, very gestural :joyful: and greetings to your favourite furry foot warmer ;)

@dunelm - I really like today's exclamatory crow, like a beady eyed professor waiting for an answer, so much character :joyful:

@lindisfel - such fine scenery in your photos and I like the sky, so much light :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Wow, that's stunning now it's completed, lovely contrasts and great depth. Very well painted :joyful:

art bit -
ink study of a hedge remnant by the road between Mum's and here.

upload_2021-2-21_19-56-6.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

Thinly sliced a couple of steaks and cooked with shallots and sliced mushrooms in a cream and paprika sauce today :) cauli, broccoli and carrots on the side.

Mum and mr gee had 'bread and butter pudding' made with a thinly sliced hot cross bun (which Mum bought when she went for her pension :)), the custard portion was a mixture of double cream, water and egg sweetened with a mixture of erythritol and truvia to keep the carbs down. More cream to serve with.

@gennepher - love today's ninja oak tree, very gestural :joyful: and greetings to your favourite furry foot warmer ;)

@dunelm - I really like today's exclamatory crow, like a beady eyed professor waiting for an answer, so much character :joyful:

@lindisfel - such fine scenery in your photos and I like the sky, so much light :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Wow, that's stunning now it's completed, lovely contrasts and great depth. Very well painted :joyful:

art bit -

View attachment 47632
Thank you for the tree compliment :)
Popeye says 'hi'.

A great ink study of a hedge @geefull

lindisfel

Expert

4.4 today

art bit -

View attachment 47632
Hi geeful,
It was a beautiful day in Cumbria today, it felt like Spring was in the air. Chaffinches, robins and song thrushes were singing and the garden is full of snow drops that the cold weather has kept back and hopefully will keep flowering another month.
regards
Derek

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

art bit -

View attachment 47632
Thank you for the compliment.

That's a good hedge drawing from you the twisted trunks are very well drawn indeed.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

His Lordship is now talking to me. He slept between the fleece blankets on my bed last night, and so I got a more comfy sleeping position. No art contribution from him this morning apart from being my hot water bottle.

Another digital tree...in Procreate...

923F1C6F-AD92-491B-87D9-7AC8AC52B2B8.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Just one more coffee before the dog walk. So lovely it is drier and milder outside.

@Muddy Cyclist how is Moet. Has the You Move helped ,and hopefully not upset his stomach.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Took the diesel out today and filled up, first time for ages.

Went to have a look see if Overwater and Skiddaw were still there and snapped off a few pics.
No police guarding the back roads to the fells and ok to have a walk along the hill by the lake. Just Buzzards, Kestrel,View attachment 47623 Tufties Goldeye and Teal in area.

View attachment 47624

Heres one of distant Western fells

View attachment 47625

Came back on Castle Inn/Ireby road and plenty of walkers parked up walking up Binsey from the watershed so they had an easy walk to the top with good views over the Solway Plain for a 1500 ft hill.
D.
Thanks for sharing - so glad that Skidaw is still there.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

His Lordship is now talking to me. He slept between the fleece blankets on my bed last night, and so I got a more comfy sleeping position. No art contribution from him this morning apart from being my hot water bottle.

View attachment 47635
Fabulous tree against that reddened sky and a well placed sun

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

art bit -

View attachment 47632
Thank you for your exclamatory crow compliments. Sunday steak sounds right up my street - fabulous.
Good hedge study from you. Will it go to colour?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Just one more coffee before the dog walk. So lovely it is drier and milder outside.

@Muddy Cyclist how is Moet. Has the You Move helped ,and hopefully not upset his stomach.
Moet is no longer crying out so tablets are working and so far stomach is fine, they usually take a few weeks before we see stomach upset. Moet is ageing very quickly, he was the strongest of the litter but all his siblings have had problems with joints and had to be put to sleep as did his mother and an uncle so we expect that difficult decision will have to be made for Moet in the not too distant future.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

View attachment 47635
Fiery! Must have been inspired by your hot water bottle.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp and overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of pork with eggs and spinach came in at 4.8 this am

Fabulous day yesterday and with youngest bubble wrap kid, perambulated along the prom (with an independent air) - not though the Bois de Boulogne. Out at 9 and back by 12 - route must (must) take in the only open public loo.
Bumbling waffling championship contender Now-then Zwhere-are-we, quartermaster for the issuing of vaccines on the telly this morning - had to be muted after only 10 seconds due to hesitation, repetition and deviation. “The, the, the, the, the.....”

A quick sketch this morning and a messy practice portion on my backing paper. Have a marvellous Monday, write out your own road map to the end of the tunnel and get your names down for team sports. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-2-22_7-49-50.jpeg

upload_2021-2-22_7-49-31.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp and overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of pork with eggs and spinach came in at 4.8 this am

Fabulous day yesterday and with youngest bubble wrap kid, perambulated along the prom (with an independent air) - not though the Bois de Boulogne. Out at 9 and back by 12 - route must (must) take in the only open public loo.
Bumbling waffling championship contender Now-then Zwhere-are-we, quartermaster for the issuing of vaccines on the telly this morning - had to be muted after only 10 seconds due to hesitation, repetition and deviation. “The, the, the, the, the.....”

A quick sketch this morning and a messy practice portion on my backing paper. Have a marvellous Monday, write out your own road map to the end of the tunnel and get your names down for team sports. Time for koffy.

View attachment 47638

View attachment 47637
I love both paintings @dunelm, especially the 'messy' practice portion as you explain it. I keep all mine and they do become paintings at a later date...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.3 for me today. Result of the Tuna Steak in a rich Italian spicy Sauce, sourced from an Italian cook book @ianpspurs :)

Very wet here and no prospect of it clearing until lunchtime and so a Morning indoors. No Muddy Cycle rides I will venture out Tuesday.

A good Zoom meeting with our Quire yesterday afternoon, no singing but 2 hours passed in the blink of an eye.

Keep safe and warm.