Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 I'm having a hard time figuring out whether to keep her or not. We both are having the same issue. We both feel like we are on the fence about it. Her and Sydney play like crazy and she's well behaved. But she would have a good home with I'm sure at least 2 of the people interested in her. Both of them own homes and have fenced yards, one's retired and one owns a tattoo shop. Both had a dog die within the last few months and only have one left so they are looking for a new companion. One even has the exact same breed as her. He sent me pictures. But all those descriptions fit me, except I wasn't looking for another dog and Sydney had seemed fine on her own, although having a blast playing with the new one. She was maybe a little sad after Kai passed. But she seemed better now.

@Jaylee, lol.....we have been calling her River as her ears perked up at it and she started coming to it pretty quickly unlike Spuds which she completely ignored. She perked up at Rover too so it must be similar to a name she recognizes. But River sounds more girlish than Rover for a female dog.

And of all things my hubby brought home another loose dog last night............of all things none for the time we have lived here to 2 almost at the same time. Less than a 5 pound dog running loose with a leash attached at 10:00 at night. Very odd. But this one we already found the owner thank goodness as we had no sleep last night. It was less than 5 pounds and Sydney especially thought it was a toy just for her. Although both dogs seemed to be gentle with it versus how rough they play with each other and they send each other flying sometimes. But our bed is super high so I couldn't let it sleep on the bed as it would have really hurt itself trying to get off and we have a hope chest at the bottom for the dogs to get up and down. So if it figured out how to get up, would it have known better not to jump down?. But it did not like being crated, so a very sleepless night.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 I'm having a hard time figuring out whether to keep her or not. We both are having the same issue. We both feel like we are on the fence about it. Her and Sydney play like crazy and she's well behaved. But she would have a good home with I'm sure at least 2 of the people interested in her. Both of them own homes and have fenced yards, one's retired and one owns a tattoo shop. Both had a dog die within the last few months and only have one left so they are looking for a new companion. One even has the exact same breed as her. He sent me pictures. But all those descriptions fit me, except I wasn't looking for another dog and Sydney had seemed fine on her own, although having a blast playing with the new one. She was maybe a little sad after Kai passed. But she seemed better now.

@Jaylee, lol.....we have been calling her River as her ears perked up at it and she started coming to it pretty quickly unlike Spuds which she completely ignored. She perked up at Rover too so it must be similar to a name she recognizes. But River sounds more girlish than Rover for a female dog.

And of all things my hubby brought home another loose dog last night............of all things none for the time we have lived here to 2 almost at the same time. Less than a 5 pound dog running loose with a leash attached at 10:00 at night. Very odd. But this one we already found the owner thank goodness as we had no sleep last night. It was less than 5 pounds and Sydney especially thought it was a toy just for her. Although both dogs seemed to be gentle with it versus how rough they play with each other and they send each other flying sometimes. But our bed is super high so I couldn't let it sleep on the bed as it would have really hurt itself trying to get off and we have a hope chest at the bottom for the dogs to get up and down. So if it figured out how to get up, would it have known better not to jump down?. But it did not like being crated, so a very sleepless night.
Good heavens you're having a time of it Marie! In situations like yours where there's a tough decision to make, my very practical husband always used to say, What's your instinct? Time and again he's been proved right as far as I'm concerned - so what's your instinct about River? And just answer without thinking! Good luck.

Reactions: Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, foggy gloom here for the fourth day in a row. I’m sure we are being punished for the fabulous sunny day on Sunday.
About to start a new sensor. Lamenting my old one which has had me time in range for 95% over the last 7 days. It won’t last. Especially as Pizza is on Saturdays menu.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1614671101072.jpg

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and happy Friday everyone. Although I have been retired nearly 6 years we still try and make weekends special and different to the week. Nice meals (usually including more tricky to manage carbs) a gin and tonic and nice bottle of red. Also try not to do household chores and put more dressy clothes on. As a naturally very active person the relaxation does me good. Hope those of you working manage some relaxation too.
Looking out of the window there is a hint of blue in the sky, so a walk beckons first thing.
IMG_1614928982.580873.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys, just popping in to say hello and I hope your'e all doing well.
I've been back at work for 2 weeks, changes to the school run up until Easter, starts from Monday 8th as some of the teachers are still isolating.
Have fab weekend :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been missing for a couple of incredibly busy days, nothing of much interest to anyone else though. Weather's been freezing, but sunny and no wind this morning so I had a lovely walk and I'm off into the garden. @karen8967 where are you?!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I guess we are keeping her. Sydney seems to love her. Doug took River to get her nails done and Sydney whined and whimpered almost the whole time. Ran from the front window to the door, back to me, to the couch, back to the window etc

Doug walks them every day and usually Sydney goes first, Sydney doesn't go far only a couple of doors down as she doesn't like people, as soon as she sees someone she wants to go home. But she doesn't whine at all when he then takes River. But it's hard to know if she was complaining because she hadn't gone for her walk first or the fact he drove off with River in the car? Sydney also hates car rides, so it's not from missing the car ride.

All was fine when she came back, playtime!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @Marie 2 I had a feeling we might be hearing this news.....:angelic: If nothing else it sounds as if Sydney's reaction is enough to persuade you. Enjoy her, I understand how much she is not a replacement, and with time no doubt she'll be much loved for herself. Well done you.

Reactions: Antje77

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Our weather has gone from winter to a warm spring. Basically in 2 days. Wondering if I should pull the top off my Jeep. It is warm enough. It’s early, but the thought isn’t crazy. It’s nice to see the sun and feel the warmth again.