Card after receiving vaccine?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did anyone get a card with their vaccine details on it after they had received the vaccine - I didn't - should I have received this little blue card - does anyone know?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did anyone get a card with their vaccine details on it after they had received the vaccine - I didn't - should I have received this little blue card - does anyone know?
Yes and you should have to know what you had. Mine though is also visible on my doctors record so you could find out this way? But I did know I was supposed to get one so asked. Maybe that’s the difference?

my partner didn’t receive a card. So looks like some don’t

Reactions: Mrs T 123

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I got a card but I don't think it's critical that you have one. The only thing said about it when I got it, was that it's helpful to bring when you get the second dose (I guess to make sure you get the same type) but you can still get your second dose without it.
I think if you're reporting side effects you might need the batch number, but I may be wrong.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and you should have to know what you had. Mine though is also visible on my doctors record so you could find out this way? But I did know I was supposed to get one so asked. Maybe that’s the difference?

my partner didn’t receive a card. So looks like some don’t
Cheers for that - how do I access my doctors record?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers for that - how do I access my doctors record?
Good question!
Some doctors offer more than others, mine offers access through a website and an app called Airmid. I needed to just ask the doctor for login details. I think the best port of call is to speak to your surgery or maybe they can accept email or may even have a form on your surgery’s website

it’s good to get as much access as you can as I can see a lot of my history, my test results and various other stuff. Nice to see graphs of results and past results too for me

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good question!
Some doctors offer more than others, mine offers access through a website and an app called Airmid. I needed to just ask the doctor for login details. I think the best port of call is to speak to your surgery or maybe they can accept email or may even have a form on your surgery’s website

it’s good to get as much access as you can as I can see a lot of my history, my test results and various other stuff. Nice to see graphs of results and past results too for me
Cheers - I had a quick look on their website but couldn't see anything obvious

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve no idea why as there was no time to ask but my vaccinator told me to guard my card with my life she said I’d need it in the future for proof of what I don’t know lol

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve no idea why as there was no time to ask but my vaccinator told me to guard my card with my life she said I’d need it in the future for proof of what I don’t know lol
You will most probably have to show the vaccination card if you travel overseas, or apply for job that requires you to have been vaccinated against Covid 19.

Which will no doubt upset a lot of naysayers.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will most probably have to show the vaccination card if you travel overseas, or apply for job that requires you to have been vaccinated against Covid 19.

Trouble is it's a ratty looking bit of card to be honest, I can't see it lasting very long and there is NO way it would be accepted as any official document for travel in my opinion, very easily exploited. You can bet we will be required to get a letter from the GP (like you do with other vaccinations required to travel to certain Countries) so there goes another 30 plus quid.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@KK123, I do not know what form the card will be here in Australia, but it will be available online through the Australian Medicare app though.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I think the card is just a reminder of when you had the jab and which vaccine. It is hardly a secure document, it didn't have my name until I added it later. The government is talking about some sort of vaccination "passport" but what it will be like or if it will even exist is not known yet. The complication is that it would need to be internationally recognised.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
he government is talking about some sort of vaccination "passport" but what it will be like or if it will even exist is not known yet. The complication is that it would need to be internationally recognised.
Might be like the old smallpox vaccination paper you used to have in the UK, I had a Australian vaccination book that was stamped by the GMO who gave you a vaccination for travel many years ago.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't get one either! Think more an oversight on their part, but I might email the GP surgery to see if they can prepare it before my second vaccine.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

And anyone with any knowledge of international law and the rights of the individual over what goes into their body.. ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The card we got has the type, the batch number and I think the date, with space for the second dose information. I was planning to laminate ours to keep them safe and then they can be kept in a wallet in case we ever need to show them.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't get one either! Think more an oversight on their part, but I might email the GP surgery to see if they can prepare it before my second vaccine.
Sounds like a plan

Reactions: UK T1

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we (me & husband) both got one. Mine's currently sitting in my purse with credit cards and similar bumph.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a card, similar size to a credit card, and was told not to lose it, and to keep it in my wallet with my credit cards. It doesn't have my name on it. It simply has the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date given. It has a space for entering details when I have my second vaccine.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a card, similar size to a credit card, and was told not to lose it, and to keep it in my wallet with my credit cards. It doesn't have my name on it. It simply has the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date given. It has a space for entering details when I have my second vaccine.
You can put your own name on the top line...where it says Name

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine has my name, type of vaccination and batch number, date of first vaccination and the appointment for my second one.