1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Card after receiving vaccine?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Mrs T 123, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Did anyone get a card with their vaccine details on it after they had received the vaccine - I didn't - should I have received this little blue card - does anyone know?

2. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes and you should have to know what you had. Mine though is also visible on my doctors record so you could find out this way? But I did know I was supposed to get one so asked. Maybe that’s the difference?

my partner didn’t receive a card. So looks like some don’t

• Like Like x 1
  3. sleepster

sleepster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I got a card but I don't think it's critical that you have one. The only thing said about it when I got it, was that it's helpful to bring when you get the second dose (I guess to make sure you get the same type) but you can still get your second dose without it.
    I think if you're reporting side effects you might need the batch number, but I may be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mrs T 123

Cheers for that - how do I access my doctors record?

5. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good question!
    Some doctors offer more than others, mine offers access through a website and an app called Airmid. I needed to just ask the doctor for login details. I think the best port of call is to speak to your surgery or maybe they can accept email or may even have a form on your surgery’s website

it’s good to get as much access as you can as I can see a lot of my history, my test results and various other stuff. Nice to see graphs of results and past results too for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mrs T 123

Cheers - I had a quick look on their website but couldn't see anything obvious

7. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve no idea why as there was no time to ask but my vaccinator told me to guard my card with my life she said I’d need it in the future for proof of what I don’t know lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You will most probably have to show the vaccination card if you travel overseas, or apply for job that requires you to have been vaccinated against Covid 19.

Which will no doubt upset a lot of naysayers.

9. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Trouble is it's a ratty looking bit of card to be honest, I can't see it lasting very long and there is NO way it would be accepted as any official document for travel in my opinion, very easily exploited. You can bet we will be required to get a letter from the GP (like you do with other vaccinations required to travel to certain Countries) so there goes another 30 plus quid.

10. Riva_Roxaban

@KK123, I do not know what form the card will be here in Australia, but it will be available online through the Australian Medicare app though.

11. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think the card is just a reminder of when you had the jab and which vaccine. It is hardly a secure document, it didn't have my name until I added it later. The government is talking about some sort of vaccination "passport" but what it will be like or if it will even exist is not known yet. The complication is that it would need to be internationally recognised.

12. Riva_Roxaban

Might be like the old smallpox vaccination paper you used to have in the UK, I had a Australian vaccination book that was stamped by the GMO who gave you a vaccination for travel many years ago.

13. UK T1

UK T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I didn't get one either! Think more an oversight on their part, but I might email the GP surgery to see if they can prepare it before my second vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

And anyone with any knowledge of international law and the rights of the individual over what goes into their body.. ?

15. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

The card we got has the type, the batch number and I think the date, with space for the second dose information. I was planning to laminate ours to keep them safe and then they can be kept in a wallet in case we ever need to show them.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mrs T 123

Sounds like a plan

• Like Like x 1
  17. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Yes we (me & husband) both got one. Mine's currently sitting in my purse with credit cards and similar bumph.

18. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

I got a card, similar size to a credit card, and was told not to lose it, and to keep it in my wallet with my credit cards. It doesn't have my name on it. It simply has the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date given. It has a space for entering details when I have my second vaccine.

19. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You can put your own name on the top line...where it says Name

20. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

Mine has my name, type of vaccination and batch number, date of first vaccination and the appointment for my second one.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook