Covid vaccine

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods still reading higher and seem to be getting more so as the days go on :banghead: I’m now seeing > 7s and not used to that and slightly depressed

but I obsess at times due to my autism so trying not to over worry!

Hoping this wears off soon and is due to the vaccine rather than dropping drugs as if they don’t stabilise I may well have to go back on them and I don’t want that

anyone else have elevated bloods off Pfizer that did end up settling?
Hi Andy
My Pfizer was a week ago today and I havent seen any direct correlation between jab and bg.
I've had a weird Feb bg wise. Started with 3 days in the 4s in a row which was unprecedented for me, then its crept slowly but steadily up to climax in a row of 6 x 5.9. Then a mix of early 6s and a few high 5s around jab time.
This diabetes malarkey isa right nuisance isn't it?

Gryph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods still reading higher and seem to be getting more so as the days go on :banghead: I’m now seeing > 7s and not used to that and slightly depressed

but I obsess at times due to my autism so trying not to over worry!

Hoping this wears off soon and is due to the vaccine rather than dropping drugs as if they don’t stabilise I may well have to go back on them and I don’t want that

anyone else have elevated bloods off Pfizer that did end up settling?

Same here. Woke up to 8 this morning! Then after a breakfast of a coffee with double cream and coconut oil, hovered around 7.4 for 5 or 6 hours. Decided to throw some carbs into the mix to see if it would shock it into lowering (often does), a single ryvita dark rye with a wedge of cream cheese. 3 hours later, no movement. OK, out to garage, try a 1 liftmax deadlift for fun as I've had new plates delivered, failed as put too much on the bar - and 1 hour later, BG 4.2. Hmm. Not overly fussed as my averages are still well into normal, but still monitoring, it's all a journey. Xbox shoulder fixed itself though :D

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Andy, I think you had your jab same day as me, my levels are still higher by around 1mmol but getting back to what they were. I am SURE that it will wear off soon, it's a sign your body is working hard to fight off the 'invaders'. Some would even say 7 is stable enough to the point where it will NOT hurt you to remain at that for a while. Keep checking as you do and see how it goes over the next week? x
Thanks for this. I’m hopeful it will sort itself out, I changed more than one variable by it being done at pretty much same time as dropping drugs but as you said, the levels aren’t incredibly high.

just have to have patience, and not beat myself up if this is what it now is! I’ve just not had any changes with dropping all other drugs that I kind of got into my head that this would be the same

still, other that that my arm feels okay now, not painful as such but a slight feeling that I can tell where the jab was. So longer effects than a flu jab but nothing huge

Gryph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
16 days since vaccine, and finally things seem to be settling. Slightly high FB this morning reading 6.0, could happily put that down to stress - yesterday boiler sprung a leak, water into electrics, no hot water, no heating, no electric; BGas highest level home cover in place, earliest they could attend was 18th March; so quite a day wrangling that. But now today after a breakfast of coffee and double cream, a single dark rye Ryvita with a spoon of peanut butter and wedge of cream cheese, 2 hours later BG is 4.9 - which is "normal" for me.

Hope things are improving for you.

Gryph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
19 days post jab, FBG finally 5.2 :) "usual" responses to food throughout the day. Looks like I'm through that at last. YMMV.

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
Had the astrazeneca one yesterday and no side effects, haven't grown another arm or leg ;)

Reactions: Gryph and Brunneria
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

After 1st injection really painfull being injected and sore a few days then it really set off my arthritis ibs everything I am reluctant to have the second jab because of the above has anyone already has the pizfer jab and what was your reaction to it blood test Tuesday so I will mention this and see what they say.

Sparklebright62.

Reactions: jjraak

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all,

After 1st injection really painfull being injected and sore a few days then it really set off my arthritis ibs everything I am reluctant to have the second jab because of the above has anyone already has the pizfer jab and what was your reaction to it blood test Tuesday so I will mention this and see what they say.

Sparklebright62.
I would mention your reaction. The vaccine, any vaccine increases inflammation temporarily as your immune system kicks in. Increased inflammation can make autoimmune conditions worse for a few days or so as the immunity builds.

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
I felt fine yesterday but today I feel like a train has hit me.

Aches all over, bad stomach, Nausea..

fendertele

I got the letter to attend but I'm going to just continue doing what i've been doing up until now and remaining extra cautious in everything I do and pass on it for now.

I'm far from Anti-meds/pharma etc as I do take medication that if i didnt take it could become very unwell/dead but again those meds are a necessity and also been around for a very long time and have shown to have no/little long term side effects or at least none that would be anywhere as bad as not taking the medication.

With this vaccine it's neither essential nor been around long enough for me to consider taking it atm.

But the option will always be there which is good.

Jefff66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine on Friday, Astrazeneca.

I felt fine until Saturday morning. Then aches in joints and muscles, headache, sore throat, fever, chills, tiredness, exhausted just walking up stairs. Still suffering a bit today, but getting better.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
On Saturday, Mrs Urb' and quite a few of her workmates from the nursing home had a 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

I had thought that the body would have become used to it but most of them had worse symptoms than they did the from the first shot. One of her colleagues phoned in sick on Sunday because she was vomitting. The symptoms do appear to be wearing off after 24 to 36 hrs though and nothing too serious fortunately.

Reactions: sleepster

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Saturday, Mrs Urb' and quite a few of her workmates from the nursing home had a 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

I had thought that the body would have become used to it but most of them had worse symptoms than they did the from the first shot. One of her colleagues phoned in sick on Sunday because she was vomitting. The symptoms do appear to be wearing off after 24 to 36 hrs though and nothing too serious fortunately.
I have the opposite theory. My wife and I had no reaction at all, possibly because we not been exposed to even a slight infection of the virus and have no immunity. I am expecting the second jab to have some side effects due to immunity built up from the first jab. As long as the side effects are mild I would feel reassured that I was protected if that happens.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've read somewhere today, can't find a reference now, that generally people are finding more of a reaction to 2nd Pfizer jab than the first, but less of a reaction to the 2nd AZ jab, than the first one.

Reactions: urbanracer

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had a very sore arm for 2 days after my Pfizer.

My non-diabetic, younger, slimmer, very fit friend just had hers and has been in bed with flu symptoms for 4 days now.

Juts saying :)

Buzzer81

Anymore anecdotal evidence for 2nd Pfizer jab? Are people really finding it triggers a worse reaction? I had my first one late feb and side effects were mild. I feel it’s time to start building up the anxiety levels for the second one!!!