1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Covid vaccine

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Dudette1, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Had my second A Z yesterday, absolutely no side effects at all!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. DCB 2

DCB 2 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Specifically to answer your question I had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine no ill effects ............

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. LindaManville

LindaManville Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi my husband and I both had the Pfizer jab
    We had a bit of a sore arm, other then that, nothing.
    Our second one is Tuesday, looking forward to it.
    Hoping to get back to normal soon. Take care

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dudette1

Dudette1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Me and my son have had our second Oxford jab this morning, all is well

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rustytypin

Rustytypin Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

After my first A-Z jab, I felt a bit off for a few days, together with a small increase in BG levels. This week I had my second injection, BG up 0.5 mmol for a couple of days, and only a slightly sore arm, no other effects this time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pete1974

Pete1974 · Member

I have had the Astra Zeneca jab first i had first in January was rough for few days but on lot of heart meds and second 3 weeks ago felt great afterwards glad I have had it and will have top up if required

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Erin

Erin Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No problem with Dose no. 1 Moderna, now two weeks-- wish me luck and I wish you luck too; however two years ago I succumbed to a very nasty flu, and I cannot distinguish if I got ill due to that particular flu or the vaccine for it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pdc1981

pdc1981 · Member

I had my first jab on February 18th and I will be having my 2nd one next week (Pfizer). I had an aching arm for 3-4 days but that was all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sorchao

sorchao Type 2 · Member

Just had the first Moderna jab on Saturday - had a headache and a sore arm, only. I’m T2 and my blood sugar has been entirely normal. The headache was medium bad on Saturday and has tailed off slowly yesterday and today. The arm is still sore when I do anything with it, but I can cope with that, given the benefits!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dudette1

Dudette1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who has been sharing, it been a big help to anyone who was nervous, me been one of them.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. KernowKeith

KernowKeith Prediabetes · Active Member

Had my second jab on Sunday - Oxford AZ – and all OK until evening when I had flu-like symptoms for 24 hours. All OK now but felt a little dizzy yesterday afternoon when getting up from sofa. Felt a little wobbly this morning with the low blood-sugar feeling, so checked and found the mmol/l had dropped to 3.1! Didn't believe the reading, so took it again and showed 3.2. Never ever had anything that low before – a couple of high 'fours' but usually in the five-to-six area. A one-off or the result of the jab? Just had a chocolate and nut 'brunch bar' and the reading rose to 4.6 within a few minutes, so will take another reading in an hour or so.

EDIT: BG rose to 5.6 after an hour.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #191 KernowKeith, May 4, 2021 at 11:01 AM
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  12. Sparklebrightisright62

Sparklebrightisright62 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi to all,

The nurse phone me the other day saying that i could have the second covid vaccine on my birthday i said no after the symptoms i had last time bowel flare up i had another one today aswell so no i am not having the 2nd injection.
    Too many health issues to deal with.

Sparklebright62.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am slotting this years fluvax (2021) in between my first and second AZ vaccination, I had the first one last month with no side effects. The second AZ I am booked in on the 15.06.2021 for it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Craig20

Craig20 · Member

Having my second Pfizer vaccine tomorrow, hopefully goes better than my first.
    Flu symptoms and sugar level went to 11.1. now I’m on gliclazide I’m hoping it won’t be that high.
    Finger crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. zand

zand Type 2 · Master

My 2nd Pfizer jab is due next week, still not got an appointment though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Expert

I have my second AZ one on the 20th may.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stevebolan

stevebolan Type 2 · Newbie

Hi I have to say I've had both my injections, I'm type 2 but insulin dependant I haven't up to now had any adverse effects as of yet , my bloods are average 8.6 at the moment I would say go for it just a personal point of view

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daisychain1

Daisychain1 · Member

Have my 2nd AZ jab tomorrow, fingers crossed I don’t feel like I have flu again this time, but considering how nervous I was last time, I feel absolutely fine about tomorrow, actually looking forward to it, amazing how fast the time has gone from talking about it coming to now getting 2nd jabs! :) I do have to admit though that I have received letter from my doctors to say as I am classed as high risk everyone in our household over 16 can now have their covid vaccine, my son who is 21 and autistic has had his Pfizer and absolutely fine, but I am undecided about my daughter having hers as she is only 17 and perfectly healthy, I just keep thinking she’s a young girl and we don’t really know enough yet? Am I overreacting? Really really hesitant about this

• Like Like x 1
  19. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No offence intended here, but have you asked your daughter for her opinion whether to have it or not?, as she is almost a legally of age adult (18). She should have a say in it as well, as it is her body / health, so her choice.

20. Daisychain1

Daisychain1 · Member

I did, and she just stared at me! Then said I don’t want a needle stuck in my arm!!! LOL she’s a bit of a scaredy-cat LOL

It will be her decision but she always asks what we think and I have been honest and said I can’t honestly give you an answer at the moment, we’ll think on it for a while, (buying some time) :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook