What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good luck with the review - I am sure you will nail it - busy busy man!
Thank you. It lasts 90 minutes. I get scored on key competencies by not just my boss, also the boss above that who is very well known - he reports directly to Tim Cook. I know them both well, but it's still nerve wracking.

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Monty P sketch should be rewritten. I''m Ian and this is ........ Would simplify things for Newbies:angelic: Now you've done it, simplification - wasted hours of my life when I could have been in the nets:arghh:
@lindisfel and married Sheila with Kylie and Danni as the daughters. Joey the dog...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Were in a fix and no mistake. That ***** in Brazil is brewing up new variants all the time because he doesnt see the problem.

We need a moonshot that will deliver a bullet to hit any arising black death he produces.
He already wants to burn the Amazon and will succeed if not stopped.
An insane monster. Almost makes Doris the blonde look normal.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

lindisfel

Expert
Monty P sketch should be rewritten. I''m Ian and this is ........ Would simplify things for Newbies:angelic: Now you've done it, simplification - wasted hours of my life when I could have been in the nets:arghh:
I didn't realise you were a lumberjack or have I got mixed up somewhere?;)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
San Jose I remember passing going on an hairy busy two lane dual carriageway driving over the coastal mountains in an evening to Santa Cruz to sea watch from their boardwalk.
Amazing sight of what one could say was a 'river' of Sooty Shearwaters going past.
I made my course, work for me and I still had loads of energy in my mid fifties.

All over there were signs of the earthquake a few years before and they were putting the Varian building roof on rollers.
D.
I'll be there soon ;) Looking for your ghost... 10 minutes till descending over the Frisco I've just been told

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Second Jab Done and dusted, I think they are useing blunt needles, ouch, didn't expect the sting. :)
Yay! There's a shortage coming apparently so you've done super well..

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
The very first computers I worked on in 1976 was this Olivetti, programs written onto 256 byte mag cards and a massive machine memory of 2k bytes, could not afford to be wasteful with your programming. :) Actions taken by operators were guided by Turing on combination of lights, data for Stock Lines, Accounts, Employees was all stored on the 256 byte mag cards, many a large business did very well useing these machines.

View attachment 48723

Sounds like trip is improving even if chaotic.
All calm west of you now thankfully but total chaos till midnight last night.

Love the old tech - fab fab fab

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
All together now ..."I left my heart, in...."
Will only have time to see this fabulous place Saturday the rest of the time will be spent nose to the grindstone dawn till dusk south down Highway 101 in that valley.

Two photos - nice shot with software enhancements of San Francisco and literally 2 mins ago right over HQ. I'll be on the ground very soon and driving up to Cupertino. Wondered what rental car metal I'll have the pleasure of?

Have a great evening all.

P.S. Landed...shall I ask the crew as I leave "Do you know the way to San Jose"? ;)

sfo.jpg
aaplhq.jpg

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Air travel is rebounding, apparently. Drop a pin in between my footsteps and the echo will be deafening...

No wonder customs and immigration will take less than 5 mins..

That's me gone. Will peak in tomorrow sometime...

Have a great one everyone!

emptysjo.jpg

Reactions: ianpspurs

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
If it helps you can always mention you know a computer guru, peep toe sandals an all. :)

Perhaps not!
Don't forget the socks...that's the clincher

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. It lasts 90 minutes. I get scored on key competencies by not just my boss, also the boss above that who is very well known - he reports directly to Tim Cook. I know them both well, but it's still nerve wracking.
Yeah it is nerve wracking I sweated for a few days before my last appraisal/first appraisal with the new MD my new boss who I worked for and after all the worrying ifs, this and that's - I had my answers all prepared - and ... most of it he just wanted to know all about me and my family (he was a nice chap - he just got the rotten job of telling me I was being made redundant in the nicest possible way he could) as I say he had been with the company under a year - and he was pre-diabetic which I knew from an earlier conversation with him when I had explained the reason I went out walking most lunchtimes was to keep active (and to get away from my desk which obviously I didn't tell him) so he wanted advice on how I achieved remission, diet etc. too and he finished the appraisal by saying "just continue doing what you are doing" ... easy peasy phew! and we signed it of and sent to HR. When I said to my other boss one of the other Directors who I had worked for for years how nice he had been to me at my appraisal he said "he wasn't that nice to me" - tough at the top guys, eh? Good luck, I am sure you will excel and more ...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been sent our latest Villqge Band recording a foot tapping English Dance tune, not everyone's taste but fun. Me on Banjo, Mandolin, Cajon, Bass Recorder, Mrs MC Soprano and Treble Recorder.

Mrs Cholmondeley’s and the Ellesmere Quickstep

I'm learning new stuff each day through Soundcloud, I received an email about one of the Recorder Quartet pieces from a Rapper who wanted to know if I would send them the Bach Trio he/she thought it "cool and amazing man" didn't know that phrase was still in use, and wanted to Blowup the piece, I have no idea what he meant, must do some research. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Middle Grandaughters birthday. Mrs MC made all our Grandaughters doll nightie cases this is the final one which we will give her with a set of Roller SKates...

IMG_4745.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Quickest ever post.
The long walk to my performance review; one with me in person and the other videoing in.

Place is practically deserted...built for 12000, maybe 100 if that in situ. Still it meant easy parking.

Here I go. 14 months of review about to commence.

Will chime in mid afternoon/3pm time UK tomorrow, that'll be 7am for me.

Amazing how nervous you get with this and I'm tired at 1130am!

Night all!

reviewlongwalk.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been sent our latest Villqge Band recording a foot tapping English Dance tune, not everyone's taste but fun. Me on Banjo, Mandolin, Cajon, Bass Recorder, Mrs MC Soprano and Treble Recorder.

Mrs Cholmondeley’s and the Ellesmere Quickstep

I'm learning new stuff each day through Soundcloud, I received an email about one of the Recorder Quartet pieces from a Rapper who wanted to know if I would send them the Bach Trio he/she thought it "cool and amazing man" didn't know that phrase was still in use, and wanted to Blowup the piece, I have no idea what he meant, must do some research. :)
I'm loving Mrs Chomondley strutting her stuff.