Opinions- is this a Libre compression low?

Hannah Robyn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
xCD5f8K

https://ibb.co/xCD5f8K

I have otherwise pretty much perfect blood sugar, so a compression low is a little annoying. I did not wake up in the night.

I do not want to decrease my basal as currently I'm only on 5 units of Tresiba 24h and that already seems very low. However if it's likely that's a real low, I will probably decrease it to 4 units to avoid the lows

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Hannah Robyn

That does have the familiar pattern of a compression bounce, I tend to go by how I am feeling too so do I feel a bit groggy. I also don’t adjust insulin based on one off readings i’d act on this if I saw a repeat pattern to verify first ;)

Hannah Robyn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Hannah Robyn

That does have the familiar pattern of a compression bounce, I tend to go by how I am feeling too so do I feel a bit groggy. I also don’t adjust insulin based on one off readings i’d act on this if I saw a repeat pattern to verify first ;)

thank you! it's the first time it's happened so far, so i'll wait and see. appreciate your help as i've only had libre 2 for a month so far!

Reactions: Juicyj

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Assuming you slept through it and didn't need any hypo treatment for the rebound, it is most likely to be a compression low.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like a likely compression low to me, especially because it looks like you have been quite stable through the night and the line just makes more sense the way I've drawn it in your graph.

Very nice catch after that steep drop before bed, well done!

upload_2021-4-28_12-16-16.png

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I thought the libre 2 had alarms? Doesn't it wake you for night time hypos? If so, you could verify with a blood test....

Hannah Robyn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought the libre 2 had alarms? Doesn't it wake you for night time hypos? If so, you could verify with a blood test....

i don't have the alarms set up because i never have night time lows usually!

Hannah Robyn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like a likely compression low to me, especially because it looks like you have been quite stable through the night and the line just makes more sense the way I've drawn it in your graph.

Very nice catch after that steep drop before bed, well done!

View attachment 49130

It looks like a really steep drop, but i was only dropping from 8.8 to 4.5 over 2 hours (my graph on my phone is pretty spikey and makes it look way worse). Libre makes it easy to catch drops!