1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Opinions- is this a Libre compression low?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Hannah Robyn, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Hannah Robyn

Hannah Robyn Type 1 · Member

[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/xCD5f8K

I have otherwise pretty much perfect blood sugar, so a compression low is a little annoying. I did not wake up in the night.

I do not want to decrease my basal as currently I'm only on 5 units of Tresiba 24h and that already seems very low. However if it's likely that's a real low, I will probably decrease it to 4 units to avoid the lows

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Hannah Robyn

That does have the familiar pattern of a compression bounce, I tend to go by how I am feeling too so do I feel a bit groggy. I also don’t adjust insulin based on one off readings i’d act on this if I saw a repeat pattern to verify first ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hannah Robyn

thank you! it's the first time it's happened so far, so i'll wait and see. appreciate your help as i've only had libre 2 for a month so far!

• Like Like x 1
  4. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Assuming you slept through it and didn't need any hypo treatment for the rebound, it is most likely to be a compression low.

5. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like a likely compression low to me, especially because it looks like you have been quite stable through the night and the line just makes more sense the way I've drawn it in your graph.

Very nice catch after that steep drop before bed, well done!

upload_2021-4-28_12-16-16.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought the libre 2 had alarms? Doesn't it wake you for night time hypos? If so, you could verify with a blood test....

7. Hannah Robyn

i don't have the alarms set up because i never have night time lows usually!

8. Hannah Robyn

It looks like a really steep drop, but i was only dropping from 8.8 to 4.5 over 2 hours (my graph on my phone is pretty spikey and makes it look way worse). Libre makes it easy to catch drops!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe set up the alarms so you can check whether the night time low is real...

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook